FW 11.0b thump when changing preset

Randall d

Experienced
I have a Hot Cat preset that is nothing special. Gain is pretty low and using two IR's. Since I upgraded to 11.0b it thumps when I change from it to another patch. But not to just any patch, just to certain ones. But going from a different patch to that same patch doesn't cause a thump. Anyone else experiencing this? If it is a bug, I just want to identify it so Cliff can fix it in the official release of 11.0

Put this in the bug report section. I already reported all the thumps I found through every model early on in the private beta and can confirm your findings here.

I have a Hot Cat preset that is nothing special. Gain is pretty low and using two IR's. Since I upgraded to 11.0b it thumps when I change from it to another patch. But not to just any patch, just to certain ones. But going from a different patch to that same patch doesn't cause a thump. Anyone else experiencing this? If it is a bug, I just want to identify it so Cliff can fix it in the official release of 11.0

Please post the two patches that exhibit this so I can try to reproduce it here.

This has always happened to me when going from patches that aren't reset to ones that are or that are new, and Triode Hardness is different between them. I suppose it could happen with some other parameters, but I'd check those two things out.

Have this on a stock patch switching from #17 to #18, plus the output clips hard shortly from the thump..

Awesome! Out of curiosity; was this something to do with switching between a patch with a reinitialized model and one without (as loquenau suggested)?

I was also getting a thump when switching to the VH preset that Cliff provided to show off 11b. Cliff, do you need me to provide the preset that I was switching from? It seemed to do it when switching from both the preset before and the preset after the VH preset.

EDIT: Just checked this out again last night after I had posted this, and the thump is only happening when switching from the preset after the VH preset, not the one before it. Sorry about that, I could have sworn that it was happening with the preset before it too. :eek:ops

So, if it helps any... the thump is happening when switching to the VH preset from the stock 5153 Red preset.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom