Frustation! First bad "gig" with the Axe....ever.

Could the room itself be introducing a weird EQ thing you don't like? Resonances at high frequencies? Did they remove or open curtains or tapestries and expose bare walls or windows?

nah, room is the same. plus this was in the mains AND in the iem's, so it was definitely a signal issue somewhere along the way.

Try a reboot?

Aside from tweaking incompetence, only once I had a hickup. Had a blown tweeter in my monitor.
Don't know how that happened, we don't run very loud. But that series had tweeter quality problems.

Otherwise, never an issue.

Nice recording, Ibbyfreak!

Had a similar issue with my church a few months back on firmware 18 -- ended up being my ground loop switch not being on AND their channel on the snake was bad but they couldn't tell. I swapped with the acoustic channel and it worked perfectly. Lousy snake...

jlynnb1, have you had 5 minutes to fire this up at home? C'mon, man, we're dying out here waiting to see if you've still got the weirdness. LOL! =)

jlynnb1, have you had 5 minutes to fire this up at home? C'mon, man, we're dying out here waiting to see if you've still got the weirdness. LOL! =)

i actually did last night, finally. It's definitely not there, although I will admit that there is something on the attack with the AC Boost on that is sort of flabby/fuzzy....but nothing like what I experienced this weekend, and it wasn't present with the no drives on, the BB one or the other drives I cycled through.

I'm gonna record a quick clip and see what you guys think...but I don't hear anything artificial on it. I did reinstall the FW just to be safe.

Similar thing happened to me recently at a gig, and I thought my CLR was on the fritz... turned out (after investigating when I got home) that the input gain on the CLR had gotten knocked somehow and I was overloading the input BIG time - backed it down to where it was supposed to be and all is good again.

Worth a check round back to see if the clipping light is on, if you haven't already :)

Last edited:
Reactions: BMH
I had this issue about two weeks ago (or something similar). I switched my Planet Waves inst cable with a monster cable. I couldn't figure out what was going on till I switched them back. I tried a few different cables all with the same effect. Measure the Planet waves with some calipers and they were a lot bigger. Until I tighten the connector I have to keep using the PW

I had a similar issue... cab modelling off... it was fizzy, distorted, and overloading the unit on some patches. Cliff diagnosed in a minute...

maybe... gremlins? 8)

joke aside... when i play facing my laptop (actually a portable workstation HP8770W) tweakin on AnxeEdit or CabLab I get every kind of interferences in my sound (SC, HB, whatever). The screen monitor, the hdd, even the DVD drive. It's easy to quite that simply turning myself away from the laptop just half step.
Your church (btw... OMG! Woodstock wasn't so full of gears!!!... nor the MUSE live!!! ) have tons of waves flowing everywhere (step-motorized lights, screens, radio-signals, hi-power led lights) and I see that many things are on the stage floor just near the band.
Anyway... as Cliff said... Occam's razor: check cables (even where they runs on the floor maybe crossing something noisy like dimmer boxes, DMI cables etc...), check connections to the board or the snakebox (AND connections from the snakebox to the board!!! I had experiences about that!).

Back
Top Bottom