front panel blistering

richardpurnell

Has anyone else had problems with blistering on the front panel of the AXE FX3? I'm getting small pockets of delamination over the input meters and around the tempo button. They look like trapped air under a screen protector. The unit has been nursed in its rack case and hasn't left the house since I bought from new, so this is not a result of rough handling. Is this a known issue? It's pretty minor and the only flaw I've run into in 2 years. Thanks in advance for any info.

Mine still looks brand new after 3 years, except the "Power" lettering above the switch started to rub off. I figured it was due to the sweat and heat from my fingers burning up the fretboard all the time. At least, that's what I tell myself.

Do you know what caused the delimitation; direct sunlight, heat, humidity, etc.?
Hi Dave, nothing that I know of. The unit sas lived protected in a rack case, out of direct sunlight, and no exposure to a heat source from amps etc. (it sits on an active cab that has all the electronics at the bottom). I suspect I was just unlucky and some air got trapped in during manufacture, but that is speculation on my part. Very pleased with strong guarantee service in the UK via G66.

Hi Dave, nothing that I know of. The unit sas lived protected in a rack case, out of direct sunlight, and no exposure to a heat source from amps etc. (it sits on an active cab that has all the electronics at the bottom). I suspect I was just unlucky and some air got trapped in during manufacture, but that is speculation on my part. Very pleased with strong guarantee service in the UK via G66.
Thank you Richard. My unit also lives n a mobile rack which protects it from most things. When it’s in use, I have both the front and back covers of the rack opened to keep heat to a minimum. So, I hope you are correct that the delimitation you experienced was an isolated issue. I purchased the extended warranty when I bought my unit so I feel covered either way. Thanks again! Have a great week coming up!

Back
Top Bottom