From Leon Todds Cave: Boss CE-1, ADA MP-1 Chorus & Eventide micropitch

Axe Edit->preset menu->Import Preset->it then has you select a destination slot for the preset and a destination slot for the IR. In this case, Leon used the same IR in all four presets(LT TV MIX 7)so you can save them all to the same slot or if you have that cab already, save it in the slot you already chose for that particular cab. Once you've chosen destination slots for preset/IR hit 'Import' Done. Hopefully the screenshot helps.
Thanks for the detailed instructions. It's easy to follow them but unfortunately after importing one, the preset comes up blank for me. First, I select an open preset as my destination. Then, since I already have the LT TV MIX 7 cab, I choose it as my cab. However, when I import to the blank preset, the FX III goes through as though it's importing but when it's done, the preset is still blank.

This has also (occasionally) happened when I Manage Presets and drag/drop a preset from my laptop to Axe Edit. It appear as though it's been copied to the FX III but after saving, the preset is still blank.

Any idea as to what I'm doing wrong, specifically with importing Leon's presets?

My turn to ask an ignorant question, but here goes: what do I do with the FASBUNDLE files if I'm an FM3 user? Am I SOL? FM3 edit and FracTool don't recognize them. TIA!

Man I wish we could get the same "crunch" with the Fractal CE-1 emulation as with the original or respected CE-1 clones i.e. PastFX http://www.pastfx.com/ or Triungulo Lab

As us tone junkies know, there was that preamp crunch that really made the CE-1 the CE-1. Al la John Frusciante BSSM & Alex Lifeson Hemispheres to name a couple. Not taking anything away from what we have already, I love my AFX III to death.

Last edited:
I imagine the FET preamp or SDD preamp in the drive block could cop some of the CE-1 preamp crunch.

I personally really dislike the CE-1 preamp but part of the fun in chasing tones is figuring out ways to replicate old units, warts and all.

I imagine the FET preamp or SDD preamp in the drive block could cop some of the CE-1 preamp crunch.

I personally really dislike the CE-1 preamp but part of the fun in chasing tones is figuring out ways to replicate old units, warts and all.
Absolutely, the "crunch" of the CE-1 defiantly has a place and it doesn't fit everywhere. Thanks for the tip Leon, I'll check out the above mentioned preamps in my quest-for-tone. :)

More like a ring mod and drive. The intermodulation when you push the preamp goes into ring mod territory :). Crank the preamp and play root and Maj7th interval (chorus off), neck pickup. Then slowly bend the M7 to the tonic.

Last edited:
Absolutely, the "crunch" of the CE-1 defiantly has a place and it doesn't fit everywhere. Thanks for the tip Leon, I'll check out the above mentioned preamps in my quest-for-tone. :)
Yeah, I didn't emulate that. Leon didn't dig it, and I consider it tone suck. Hence, why I always emulate the difference between dry and wet, and not dry + wet.

Speaking of which, what chorus in the Axe3 is closest to the one in the JC-120?
I'm not yek, but the CE-1 was meant to be the chorus from JC-120 in a pedal (released 1 year after the amps). But then again, the JC120 modulation section went through 3 major overhauls, and 10-12 total revisions. I'd guess the preset here is the closest there is to the JC-120 (since the tone suck from the pedal isn't emulated), but how close, I really don't know.

Maybe a little on the side, when I want go all out for EVH and emulate his detune tone like on the 5150 album and LWAN, I assign LFO's to the pitch to vary them a little, like the old Eventide H949's did.

Maybe a little on the side, when I want go all out for EVH and emulate his detune tone like on the 5150 album and LWAN, I assign LFO's to the pitch to vary them a little, like the old Eventide H949's did.
The H949 didn't offer modulation on the micropitch, did it? And I phrased it like a question because I can't find any mention of it in the manual, or online. I'm of course open to being proved wrong.

Some of the press material mentions sideband modulation, but that's a different thing that originates from radio broadcasting.

The H949 didn't offer modulation on the micropitch, did it? And I phrased it like a question because I can't find any mention of it in the manual, or online. I'm of course open to being proved wrong.

Some of the press material mentions sideband modulation, but that's a different thing that originates from radio broadcasting.
Fortget it, it's just me mistankingly thinking the visual flicker of the H649's LCD actually affects the pitch shifting as well, apparently it don't :yum:

I have seen a lot of effects recreated on here but I have not seen one done for one of the best pedals out there which is the Foxrox Capton Coconut. Awesome pedal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom