Fremen - V 9.02 presets available

Exactly, here's a copy/paste from my blog :

User IRs - please read !
Most of my presets won't sound the same if you don't have my user IRs. Unfortunately, some of them are commercial ones, from Ownhammer, RedWirez, Signals Audio etc. and I can't share them. But I can give you the links for the IRs used, and some indications for the recipes where I use mixes (2 or 3 IRs combined into one using Axe-O-Matic DSP : Axe-O-Matic DSP - $20.00 : OwnHammer.com - Store ).

I didn't write the mixes recipes, but most of the time, the filename has the basic indications. Example : IR 15, which filename is “15 RW 1960A-G12Ms-M160-ConeEdge0in(60)SM57CapEdge0.5(20)CapOffAx0.5(20).syx

This mix use three microphones on the same RedWirez Marshall 1960A cab :

– Beyer M160, Cone Edge, 0 inch distance (60 = the relative level of the IR, that’s the number I entered in AxeOmatic DSP, which I used to make mixes)
– Shure SM57, CapEdge, 0.5 inch (relative level = 20)
– Shure SM57, CapOff Axis, 0.5 inch (relative level = 20)

Here's the cabs I share, as they are free :

01 TDR Vox mix 1 Mk II.syx (a mix I made from various sources, with some post EQ in a DAW)
02 VOX 412 GSH12 V30.syx (from user "year2525" - AC30 Amp Match with Clips, Pics and Presets )
03 TDR cln 80-20.syx (a mix I made from various sources, with some post EQ in a DAW)
05 TG E130 B.syx (from user Tyler Grunt - Tyler Grund's Axe Fx 2 Website )
06 JS Altec Cone Paper U357 Ava.syx (from James Santiago - Announcing the James Santiago Collection, Series 1 - Axe-Fx II Cabs & Presets )
09 TDR warmer Marshall.syx (a mix I made from various sources, with some post EQ in a DAW)
10 TDR Marshall mix 01.syx (a mix I made from various sources, with some post EQ in a DAW)
12 JS EJ1250 Cone Paper U357 Ava.syx (from James Santiago - Announcing the James Santiago Collection, Series 1 - Axe-Fx II Cabs & Presets )
19 Alu Mesa Trad 4x12 V30 SM57 05.syx (from Alu of GuitarAmpModeling.com • Index page)
20 GH ThisOne.syx (from GuitarHack)
21 GH JJ FRED45-HALF.syx (from GuitarHack)
23 Kalthalen 003Tube SM57 V30.syx (from Kalthallen cabs : Kalthallen Cabs - Guitar cabinet IRs and Nebula programs )
45 Axe1 Brit 4x12.syx (from Axe Fx Gen. 1) Note : this one didn't work, I fixed it since
46 Axe1 4x12 75W.syx (from Axe Fx Gen. 1)
47 Axe1 4x12 T75.syx (from Axe Fx Gen. 1)
48 Axe1 4x12 V30.syx (from Axe Fx Gen. 1)
49 GTR body.syx (free acoustic instrument IR, used for synths or tone matches)
50 Cello Body.syx (free acoustic instrument IR, used for synths or tone matches)

And here's those I use but can't share :

04 RW TweedBlue-M160-R121-SM7_Back.syx (RedWirez mix with 4 mics, no recipe unfortunately)

07 Yek G12H30-EV12L cln mix.syx ( Yek recipe : Yek's Preset Collection and Blog - Page 5 )

08 RW Uberkab goes Dumble.syx (RedWirez mix with 4 mics, no recipe unfortunately - I'll record a demo of that one, alternationg with a stock IR) Edit 20/01/2013 : demo is here :

https://soundcloud.com/thib-de-rob/stock-and-dumble-ir-shootout

11 1960A warm LM mix.syx (Larry Mitchell RedWirez mix, recipe (50/50) here : Tails from the Road---- Ray Guns, Mono PA, Smoke filled Bars.... Patches..... )

13 G12M25 Warm mix.syx (RedWirez mix with 4 mics, no recipe unfortunately - but the stock G12M25 RedWirez cab is almost the same)

14 SP Bogner-JCM800 mix.syx ( RedWirez Scott Peterson recipe : G12M/R121/CapEdge 2"; User 2 - G12L/R121/Cap 3" )

15 RW 1960A-G12Ms-M160-ConeEdge-0in(60)SM57CapEdge0.5(20)CapOffAx0.5(20).syx (detailed above)

22 The Messiah.syx ( Critical Cabs | Cabinet Impulses | Professional Mix-Ready Speaker IRs ) - Used on many presets, nice alternative to "ThisOne", my main hi gain IR

24 OH BognerBetaSM57(5)TC30(WF3)45-55.syx (Ownhammer : Speaker Cabinets : OwnHammer.com - Store - unfortunately this free Bogner Cab, which was temporarily released as a beta, is not available anymore) - Used on some presets, nice alternative to "ThisOne", my main hi gain IR

25 OH Bogner G65 MA200 W-2M.syx (Ownhammer : 412-GTR Bog 12M-RI - $25.00 : OwnHammer.com - Store )

26 SA Freddy TWO-TWO & Jimmy 3 (50-50).syx ( Signals Audio Simpulse Signals Audio ) - used in only one preset

27 RW Mesa V30 warm mix.syx (RedWirez - 1960A-G12Ms-SM57-CapOffAxis-3in + 1960A-G12Ms-R121-ConeEdge-3in)

Note that for version 10 presets, many things will probably change ;)

Just got done reading your blog. I am guessing the numbers are the presets that each cab you describe is attached to? I am loving patch 13 and 14. I just bought and downloaded the redwirez catalog. I will have to cook up a recipe once I get use to using the Mix utility. I still cannot figure out how to download the top cab mixes on the site. The M2 patches just take me to a website when you download it. The M format is easy. Thanks again for sharing.

one question, is it safe to use the latest axeedit, 1.0.318 to load IRs and presets? I am using firmware v9.02 now.

Thanks.

QUOTE=deftim13;816877]Just got done reading your blog. I am guessing the numbers are the presets that each cab you describe is attached to? I am loving patch 13 and 14. I just bought and downloaded the redwirez catalog. I will have to cook up a recipe once I get use to using the Mix utility. I still cannot figure out how to download the top cab mixes on the site. The M2 patches just take me to a website when you download it. The M format is easy. Thanks again for sharing.[/QUOTE]

To load IRs, AE it should be safe

Hey I just learned of to use a real video editing program, so as from now I'll upload much better edited Axe II videos, including some tutorials on delays or controlling gain with an expression pedal. Here's my first work (nothing more than a test) with Sony Vegas, a highlights video of a December 2012 concert, using the Axe Fx II (I was on firmware 7 then) straight to PA of course. Nothing fancy, but its much better to do transitions with a soft like Vegas that to cut videos using Nandub, like I used to. With Nandub the cuts can't be where you exactly want to, they are like 10 seconds one from each other. So if I made a mistake at 0'23 but wanted to keep 0'24-0'30, I was doomed :p

in the video below, the other guitar player uses boutique pedals (Carbon copy, Maxon OD, Xotic Booster etc.) on a Marshall combo. He's doing the Santana solo, I'm doing all the other leads. And even singing on "Sultans of swing" near the end, a first for me, I hate my voice ;) It was not with an existing band, we gathered musicians/singers from various bands and did six rehearsals for a two hours show. Included here are songs from Supertramp, Deep Purple, Santana, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Chris Rea, U2, Police, and some French artists

Back
Top Bottom