Fremen Q7.02 presets

I added 5 new presets in the "Metal & Brit" pack, with the new amp models in Q10.01. Here's a short demo :

And in case you missed it - it's in the Q10.00 thread - here's my first test of Quantum 10 :

After I published that video, I got many questions regarding the "TDR Looper lead" preset, here's an old video from 2012 where I'm using its first version. I'm tweaking the delay block in real time to achieve the "haunting echoes" effect

Do you already have plans to release your preset packs for the Axe-FX III?

Absolutely. But I'm not rushing to do it, I'm currently working on new presets for all my other processors. I want to finish those first, and then devote all my time to the III. That beast is so powerful that I don't want to just convert my existing presets for it, but do more than that. When I'll be on it, I'll be on it 100% of my time, I'm a workaholic, lol

When I was a music journalist, in 1989, I received a LP from Reunion, "Frog", by a band called Percuss, to write a review on it. That was the first jazz album ever recorded in Reunion and Daniel Riesser, then a teenager, was the creative force behind it. He was very young then, maybe 14, but you could already hear that he had something special.

Today, Daniel is one of the best guitar players in Reunion, and plays for Ziskakan, a mythical band from the island. We met at a Ziskakan gig in Mauritius on 30 March 2013 (that's a day I'll never forget... Mauritius was hit by Flashfloods and 11 people drowned that day :/).. and I was amazed by his playing (and his Suhr !).

So, Daniel is currently in Mauritius in holidays and wanted to meet me, as he uses one of my AX8 packs. He asked my friend Michel (the other guy in the video), renowned poet, who also wrote lyrics for Ziskakan among others, and who also works as a sub-editor in a local cultural magazine, if he knew how to contact me. Michel told him : "Of course ! He's a friend, and the guy who currently replaces me at the magazine (for sub-editing works), as I'm on leave"... Small world !

So, yesterday I had the pleasure to receive Michel and Daniel, and I showed Daniel some my axe-Fx II presets, real time control of parameters etc etc. He told me he haven't touch a guitar for almost a month, and I told him that I wish I could play like that even with 6 hours of practice every day o_0
He was amazed by the tones and is going to use some of them with Ziskakan live ! Apologies for the poor picture quality, we didn't do that for the video, I just recorded that to have a souvenir of a nice musical encounter :)

Here's something coming soon, with various amp models and IRs
I used a template from an old preset from a "Jurassic" firmware (firmware 12 probably, long before Quantum, in 2013 !) and pushed the idea much further. So here I have a single preset doing almost everything : Scene 1 : rhythm - scene 2 : crunch - Scene 3 : lead 1 - scene 4 : lead 2 (less aggressive and wider) - Scene 5 : Fender type clean - scene 6 :same as scene 5 + chorus - Scene 7 : "eighties" type glassy clean - scene 8 : acoustic simulation.

I've yet to make an official announcement/post in the III sub-forum about my Axe-Fx III presets ; due to some health issues I'm unable to record a proper demo for them. But, they're on my website since a few days : 30 amp packs of 15 presets each, also available as bundles, and all based on the "do-it-all" template from that video :

Axe-Fx II and AX8 versions are ready too (in fact I made the Axe-Fx III versions last), but not on my website yet, I'm waiting for my webmaster to add them

Note to all my customers : all my Axe-Fx II packs (Fremen's picks, Clean & Blues, Metal & Brit, 5 scenes) are now updated to ARES 1.03. The Acoustic Simulation pack doesn't uses amp models so no update necessary for this one.

Thanks for the update. I spent last night updating the pack I bought with your ARES 1.03 versions. Did you make a lot of changes to update them to the new firmware? Since they're all -6 db I have to spend a good deal of time readjusting the levels on all of them to match all of my other presets.

beware of clipping then. The stock presets have the ideal level. +6 db won't give you a better sound, all you can gain is clipping

beware of clipping then. The stock presets have the ideal level. +6 db won't give you a better sound, all you can gain is clipping

I'll keep an ear out for clipping... I target 0 db for peak levels on all my presets and have not encountered any clipping yet. I'm a bit of a stickler for levels because I've seen so much variability even in the stock factory presets.

Note to all my customers : all my Axe-Fx II packs (Fremen's picks, Clean & Blues, Metal & Brit, 5 scenes) are now updated to ARES 1.03. The Acoustic Simulation pack doesn't uses amp models so no update necessary for this one.

I've purchased several of your preset packs, but when I go now to re-download them to get the versions that are updated to ARES 1.03, I'm not seeing any indications in the file name, version reference and/or dates that show they've actually been updated. How will I know I've downloaded the ARES 1.03 versions?
Thanks!

I see the updated files for Cleans and Blues, but not for 5 Scenes (screen shots attached)). Am I missing something?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 4.03.49 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 4.03.49 PM.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 4.02.58 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 4.02.58 PM.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 6
Oops, it's the cleans & blues screenshot... But I updated the "5 scenes" pack too, maybe you re-download the old file which was still cached in your browser ? I just checked and my website has the latest version, uploaded in April

I purchased the 5 Scenes pack on 4/8/17, but it doesn't show up on your current website along with the Clean and Blues pack which I purchased on 4/24/17. Instead, for the 5 Scenes I've been going to the link from my original email receipt which takes me to "https://www.fatfreecartpro.com/ecom/..." which has Quantum 9.04/March 30, 2018 as the latest update. Am I missing a step or two? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom