AFIII Presets Fremen Presets masterthread (releases, updates etc.)

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III
The Pink Floyd pack is now updated to 18.03. This is a major update :

- All the compressor blocks have been updated, as the models have changed in firmware 18

- In many presets, I also added a Graphic EQ block fist in the chain. In some cases, I needed to modify the grid to make room for it. This GEQ block is usually bypassed, but should be activated if you use a SSS Strat guitar. My Strat has an humbucker in bridge position ; this block is for single coils in bridge position, only for scenes with a distortion sound, not for clean sounds. It will fatten/boost the sound coming from the guitar before attacking all the other blocks.

- I also tweaked the acoustic simulation sounds, adding the cab block in the signal chain to load an IR. That IR is tailored for Strat neck pickups. Where necessary, the grid has been modified accordingly. Most presets using acoustic sounds have scene(s) for a piezo-equipped guitar, and scene(s) for the neck pickup of a Stratocaster.

- Finally, I re-tweaked some reverb and delay settings.

All these tweaks have been inspired by the FM9 version of those presets. See a video of the FM9 version here, it also serves as video manual of my Pink Floyd presets :

last but not least, if you can stand my terrible spoken English, I uploaded this :

(I thought it would be interesting to show the tweaking procedure for one preset. For Comfortably numb, I needed to modify the grid : 1) to make room for a Graphic EQ block at the beginning (used to boost Strat single coil bridge pickups ; it's not activated in the preset as I use a HSS guitar, but it's there, for those who uses SSS Strats). 2) I also needed to incorporate a cab block in the effects chain used for acoustic simulation sound, as I wanted to use an IR (made for Strat neck pickups) Apologies for my terrible spoken English, I'm French ;) Wish I could do more videos like this one but it's difficult for me to overcome my aversion to my own voice and my complexes when I speak in English !)

Thank you !

The Synthpads & Drones pack is now updated to 18.03. Compressors fixed, and some bugs fixed too - one preset had the synth settings completely off for an unknown reason, and in some cases the Sequencer controller was on "Pause" instead of "Run". I also edited the grids to use less rows.

The Rock & Metal pack is now updated to 18.03. Besides the compressor update, I fixed a few bugs (expression pedals assignments, Reverb quality settings...). I also downsized the grid in most presets.

The Richard Hallebeek pack is 18.03 compatible too but I'm waiting for the green light from the man ;)

Please note, regarding the Pink Floyd pack, that I uploaded a wrong zip file to my website, it was missing IR # 675. I just fixed that.

Only two regular packs to go + the Amp Packs and the Acoustic simulation pack. These last two have over 600 presets combined but uses the same grid and same compressor settings so that shouldn't take much time.

Hi guys ! 18.03 updates are now available for the Amp Packs and the Boutique + Blues pack. No update necessary for the Acoustic simulation pack, the compressor settings are fine.

All this means that I can now resume my work on the Metal & Rock vol. 2 pack. It's probably going to be released in January, I'm still sick and need to take my time on this one.

Hi, thanks for asking ! Unfortunately it didn't. I just booked an appointment with a pulmonologist, for next week. Fortunately I'm not weak as I used to be. I worked more than I should have when I was updating the presets (using DI tracks when possible) but now I'm very careful. Besides checking a new guitar plugin on Sunday, I didn't play these last days.

Well, I took advantage of the sale last night and bought Full amp bundle, drones, cleans, R&M and the Picks packs! Can't wait to try them out, but the new Turbo is still on the UPS truck. Hopefully, he will be here soon!

Hi guys, you can now grab the Richard Hallebeek jazz-rock pack 18.03 update, it got the green light from the man himself !

Yesterday I recorded a few videos to keep track of the sound of stock pickups in two of my guitars. I used presets from Fremen's Picks :

The first one has probably the funniest cameo from one of my cats

Another one :

The presets used here from the 1:55 mark are all from the "Boutique + Blues" pack. I'm gonna swap pickups in that guitar too, even if it's a signature model, Sire Larry Carlton H7-CS. I bought it because I wanted a ES-335 style instrument, but the pickups are way too bright for me.

Another one :

The presets used here from the 1:55 mark are all from the "Boutique + Blues" pack. I'm gonna swap pickups in that guitar too, even if it's a signature model, Sire Larry Carlton H7-CS. I bought it because I wanted a ES-335 style instrument, but the pickups are way too bright for me.

Nice!

Have you compared those pickups to other vintage-style humbuckers? Higher output pickups may be darker, but that's not what this seems to be going for.

Anyway i hope you can get it to a place you like.

I only compared that guitar to my PRS hollowbody, which is the closest guitar to this one that I have. The PRS are fatter, darker, and have more output. I'm going to put my Epiphone Probuckers on it

Back
Top Bottom