Fremen AX8 presets released

Great presets, sounds great and am learning a lot by looking at how you've build them, had two questions:

1) Is there any way to load multiple banks at once? Right now I've only managed to load one bank at a time through Fractal-Bot
2) I see that many presets have modifier setup with external pedals/footswitches. What setup are you using?

Thanks!

1) Yes, that's the big file, however it will erase all the existing presets on the AX8, and I didn't update that big file to 3.02 yet (I will hopefully tomorrow)
2) I use three expression pedals (Roland EV5). 1 is usually amp gain or a special effect, 2 wha or whammy or shimmer or a special effect, and 3 always volume

1) Yes, that's the big file, however it will erase all the existing presets on the AX8, and I didn't update that big file to 3.02 yet (I will hopefully tomorrow)
2) I use three expression pedals (Roland EV5). 1 is usually amp gain or a special effect, 2 wha or whammy or shimmer or a special effect, and 3 always volume

What I did was update using the original big file first, THEN individually load the new, updated banks. That would get everything current?

[..] I'll use a filter post-amp to set it's volume on each scene.

Hey @freman, the Mesa Lonestar 5sc preset is quite nice, I'm enjoying using that a lot at the moment.
I've had to set the 'max' value of the Filter 1 modifier to be about 9.5dB (instead of 20dB in your preset), otherwise scene 1 is far too loud compared to the others.

This is from the alternate bank of the 3.02 firmware files (preset 12-8).

Cheers,

Edit: Actually, I don't really like that change across all scenes.. scene 4 might be still a bit loud (peq has ~3db of output level).
I've made it work for me though, but I just can't recall every change I made to share. I can PM the preset though if you like

Last edited:
Hi Freman, I use the Ax8 as an Fx8. I have The Amps and there is no need for Amp/Cab simulations. Just want to know if your presets are useful to me. I play in church mostly using ambience (reverbs like clouds in strymon BigSky and BlackHole in Eventide Space), delays (tc 2290 or Eventide timefactor) and transparent drives (like TIM, BB Preamp, Boss Blues Drive WazaCraft) and a QUiet Distortion I love ( Hughes & Kettner WARP distortion) ALL in front Two Amps in stereo (LEFT - Vox AC30 and at RIGHT - Fender SuperChamp Customized).

I saw in your presets U2, Pink Floyd... Some quiet things that Should be very useful to me, but only if customized without amp and Cab. Can you send to me Just custom presets ? I know this customization will cost, so if you can, please send an email to me ok ?

Janclage@hotmail.com

Thank you,

Janc Lage

I can't do that right now unfortunately, too busy...
It's up to the other users of my presets to say if they will meed your needs with the amp/cab removed

Hi Freman, I use the Ax8 as an Fx8. I have The Amps and there is no need for Amp/Cab simulations. Just want to know if your presets are useful to me. I play in church mostly using ambience (reverbs like clouds in strymon BigSky and BlackHole in Eventide Space), delays (tc 2290 or Eventide timefactor) and transparent drives (like TIM, BB Preamp, Boss Blues Drive WazaCraft) and a QUiet Distortion I love ( Hughes & Kettner WARP distortion) ALL in front Two Amps in stereo (LEFT - Vox AC30 and at RIGHT - Fender SuperChamp Customized).

I saw in your presets U2, Pink Floyd... Some quiet things that Should be very useful to me, but only if customized without amp and Cab. Can you send to me Just custom presets ? I know this customization will cost, so if you can, please send an email to me ok ?

Janclage@hotmail.com

Thank you,

Janc Lage

Hey @Jack Lage -
Asking for presets to work without amp and cab sim is very difficult, unless the other person has the same amp, a similar guitar, a similar environment (band members/type, room size/type, overall volume), the same mic in the same position... etc.

If you are trying to chase tones from certain bands (U2, Pink Floyd, etc.), then I would perhaps rethink what amp(s) you will be using. A big part of their unique sound comes from the amp and cab, both of which you will be taking away by bypassing them in the AX8

If it were me with the vox and fender available (and no FRFR), I'd look to run the AX8, including Amp sims, into the FX loop return on your AC30 and only use the Fender as a spare.
Here you will get the most benefit from not only the AX8, but the abundance of presets available (including the excellent ones from @fremen).
You'll need to disable poweramp and cab sims in the AX8, but it will cost you nothing to try and I think you'll enjoy the benefits.
You'll also be able to get many of the benefits from the package mentioned in this thread - and they are well worth the money.

Last edited:
Is there anywhere I can purchase more IRs going well with Hiwatt Amp in Ax8 ? I'm learning to create some presets my own, love PF sound from Fremen bundle but want to learn to tweak my own

Hi guys, I just reorganized the Dropbox folder, and also uploaded the big "all presets" files for both alternate and normal versions of Quantum 3.02 firmware, for those who prefer to send all presets in one go. Now there's four folders : firmware 2.03 normal (52 banks of 8 presets), firmware 2.03 alternate (idem), firmware 3.02 normal (52 banks of 8 presets + 1 bank of 5 presets), firmware 3.02 alternate (idem).
5 presets are exclusive to QT 3.02 firmware :
53-4 Dirty Shirley
53-5 Triaxis Yellow heavy
14-4 Friedman BE 5sc
14-5 Friedman HBE 5sc
14-6 Dirty Shirley 5sc

Presets 53-4 and 53-5 are missing from the big "all presets" alternate file, but I have to pack my AX8 to go to a rehearsal now, so please, if you use this big file, just load bank 53 over it afterwards

Banks 54-55-56 in my normal big file are just duplicates of my banks 1 & 2, as I need those presets close to the Pink Floyd presets (banks 51-52) for live use

Last edited:
Hey @Jack Lage -
Asking for presets to work without amp and cab sim is very difficult, unless the other person has the same amp, a similar guitar, a similar environment (band members/type, room size/type, overall volume), the same mic in the same position... etc.

If you are trying to chase tones from certain bands (U2, Pink Floyd, etc.), then I would perhaps rethink what amp(s) you will be using. A big part of their unique sound comes from the amp and cab, both of which you will be taking away by bypassing them in the AX8

If it were me with the vox and fender available (and no FRFR), I'd look to run the AX8, including Amp sims, into the FX loop return on your AC30 and only use the Fender as a spare.
Here you will get the most benefit from not only the AX8, but the abundance of presets available (including the excellent ones from @fremen).
You'll need to disable poweramp and cab sims in the AX8, but it will cost you nothing to try and I think you'll enjoy the benefits.
You'll also be able to get many of the benefits from the package mentioned in this thread - and they are well worth the money.

Hey @Callan,
Thanks for sharing man

I just beleave that once you have converted the A signal to D, in the end of the day the "simulation" (amp or cab) is just a matter Of finding drive and EQ ballance/arrangement. In my old and trusty GSP I used to use 2-4 EQ to "simulate" hambukers (as I mainly use strats in my gigs), amps/cabs and the result was allways amazing. I'm just amazed on how this Fractal units are cristal clear, powerful and TOP Quality. I find myself this weekends spending HOURS Of pure delight having fun and configuring/playing trough my Ax8.

Once again thanks for the reply and for sharing your insights Callan.

Jack

I really like all the presets on your video but is it a easy procedure installing all of this? I dont know if I can figure it out is the instructional video a step by step process?

Yes, launch Fractal Bot, select one of my 8 presets bank, specify over which existing bank you want to send it, click on send, and it's done

hello there!! does anybody had trouble loading the free cabs to the user cabs page???
i just bought the freman presets and i did exatly as he show in the video of how to load cabs and it doesn't work :( i open the folder the cabs are there but once i drag it to the user cab it won't load it..
any advice ? am i missing something?
thanks in advance!!!
by the way i am using ax8 edit .

hello there!! does anybody had trouble loading the free cabs to the user cabs page???
i just bought the freman presets and i did exatly as he show in the video of how to load cabs and it doesn't work :( i open the folder the cabs are there but once i drag it to the user cab it won't load it..
any advice ? am i missing something?
thanks in advance!!!
by the way i am using ax8 edit .
I think you have to unzip them. Same thing happened to me

Back
Top Bottom