Fremen AX8 presets released

Thanks Thibault. I think I'll send you another $40 just because I've learned so much from you :)

I didn't try the fixed 3.02 presets yet because I went back to 2.02 fw just to be able to play your 5sc sounds!

Thanks again for the great work.

- lenny

Thanks for the quick update!

Please note: the 'alternate' bank 58 is a copy of bank 11. It looks like the 'normal' bank 58 will do fine for 'alternate' bank users, since it appears to only use free cabs.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I posted an update in Dropbox for firmware 3.02. Check "5 - Firmware 3.02 update" folder.

What's new :
All the 5 scenes presets have been fixed, and there's three more presets using the Friedman BE/HBE/Dirty Shirley (bank 58)
All presets using the Friedman models have been checked
Small volume tweaks in some presets in banks 1 & 2
Minor tweaks in my Pink Floyd presets (banks 51 & 52)
Thanks for the hard work @fremen

Please note: the 'alternate' bank 58 is a copy of bank 11. It looks like the 'normal' bank 58 will do fine for 'alternate' bank users, since it appears to only use free cabs.
Ah, my mistake. It should be the same bank 58 than from the normal version as the three presets in here use free/stock presets. Originally, I tweaked the 5 scenes presets on banks 58, 59 and 60 and made a backup before updating to 3.02, in that cade I mixed up between banks 58 :) That bank 58 you got in alternate should not be used, that was before I made the final tweaks to the presets, which made it to bank 11. They are probably too loud. Anyway I fixed it in Dropbox now, with the correct bank 58

Just to be clear :

If you have firmware 3.02 in your AX8, use the banks 1, 2, 6,11, 12, 13, 14, 24, 25, 51, 52 and 58 from the "Firmware 3.02 update" folder, and the other banks from the older folders. The newest banks may work with firmware 2.0x too but I didn't check.

Paid with thanx....trying to get my head round this all.

Just a heads up for 3 x quick EAGLES type patches to start from would be gr8 (clean, crunch, lead)....time poor ATM.

Thanx again from Downunder.

Thank you for the prompt DB link.

I couldn't find this tho: "The Dropbox folder also has a short video showing how to load my user IRs into the AX8"

Thank you for the prompt DB link.

I couldn't find this tho: "The Dropbox folder also has a short video showing how to load my user IRs into the AX8"
Very easy, you just need to open Cab manager from Axe8 Edit and drop the IRs from your computer folder, voila

Hi Thibault,

The video demo sounds great and is quite compelling. Quick question: Is everything recorded directly from the AX8 there without any kind of EQ (including tweaks on the AX8's global EQ)?

All the best,

Alan

Hey @fremen, have you built your presets for use in the studio, or live, or a mix of both?
And did you generally always use the same guitar as your presets video (HSS strat of some kind?)

I'm enjoying your DC30 5 scene preset you posted above for the Q3 firmware.
I haven't had to chance to use it with the band yet, but it does sound good so far.

Thanks,

Hello, it's for a mix of both… That's just the sounds I enjoy to play whatever the circumstances. For recording, usually I just add a little presence
And as for the guitar, it's a new one for me, previously I did almost all my demos with my shred machine, an Ibanez RG520QS with Bare Knuckle pickups.

Yes, I did, I used your Paypal email, as there wasn't any instruction – please check spam folder ? Or PM me another email, your Paypal one is unusual…

Hi Alan, yes it is recorded flat, there's no post-processing
Much appreciated, Thibault. I'm still trying to make my own custom presets, but may very well invest in your great presets as well once I'm done (or if I feel I need some better starting points). All the best!

Back
Top Bottom