Fremen AX8 presets released

I've gone through and auditioned a dozen or so patches. Sounds are really great. One thing that seems odd to me, almost all of the patches I've tried have a really low output level which I verified by checking the vu meter. I have to turn up the level in the amp block like 8db to get them in the ideal range.

I've gone through and auditioned a dozen or so patches. Sounds are really great. One thing that seems odd to me, almost all of the patches I've tried have a really low output level which I verified by checking the vu meter. I have to turn up the level in the amp block like 8db to get them in the ideal range.
That's strange, I put them at the same level as the factory presets, what firmware do you have ?

Guys, please note, the "5sc" presets works better if AX8 Edit is not connected, as the initial volume of scene 1 is not always correctly "refreshed" by AX8-Edit.
Love the presets Fremen. However, the 5sc presets only work if I am connected to AX8 edit. When I unplug from my computer the preset is there but all I get is a clean sound and the scenes are empty.

I seem to be missing a couple of cabs. I few work with user cab 7, like the Mesa USA Clean, and the cab is not there. Is that one I need to purchase brother?

Love the presets Fremen. However, the 5sc presets only work if I am connected to AX8 edit. When I unplug from my computer the preset is there but all I get is a clean sound and the scenes are empty.

Working fine here...did you program the footswitches accordingly to change Scenes?

My bad. I guess I though the foots witches would be programmed automatically when I saved the presets. Can you point me in the right direction?

Darkside.jpg

I worked like crazy during almost three weeks to convert my Axe-Fx II presets to AX8 format, you can now get them from here :)

http://axefremen.blogspot.com/2016/04/fremen-ax8-20-presets-pack.html

Please, don't share them if you buy them !

Fremen

They sound good. Great playing too. Love that last one with what sounds like diffused delays into reverb :)
Nice one.

My bad. I guess I though the foots witches would be programmed automatically when I saved the presets. Can you point me in the right direction?

In AX8 edit - Call up the preset -> Footswitches and set each one that way you want for that specific preset. You can also set them up globally.

I have mine Switch 1=S1, Switch 2=S2 etc...

Refer to Page 33 in the manual.

Spent a few hours with these this afternoon. They are great. Really nice variety for all sounds/styles.

Going through the ASM-12, I had to boost up the brightness slightly on some of them...other than that, good stuff.

I seem to be missing a couple of cabs. I few work with user cab 7, like the Mesa USA Clean, and the cab is not there. Is that one I need to purchase brother?
Yes, if you don't have the commercial cabs you must use the Alternate versions of the banks, not the Normal ones

I'm considering buying your presets. Which commercial cabs are you referring to?
Mostly cab packs from FAS and Ownhammer cabs. The list is in the .xls file provided in the package. However, the alternate version of the banks uses only stock and free cabs, you can check some examples of the differences here :

This is an Axe-Fx demo but the presets are the same

Back
Top Bottom