Fremen AX8 presets released

Really considering this preset pack of yours. I was wondering if you have any good Kings X/Ty Tabor tones like lab series L5 tones or any others?

I'm a big King's X fan, however I never tried to do specific Ty Tabor sounds. But I guess some crunchy presets using the DC30 model, with the right guitar, will sound close

I've only gone through some of the banks, but it all sounds Awesome!
One question...
I am using the alt cabs right now and I loaded all of them in the slots you designated.
On the Friedman Ray + Ring preset, you have U028 and U060 in the preset. I see what the normal cabs are in your spreadsheet, but there are no U028 and U060 alternative cabs in the download. It's not a big deal, but I was interested in knowing what alternative cabs you intended those to be.
Thanks

Ah, sorry for this ! I'll fix it. It's user IRs 13 and 16
EDIT : fixed. There was a wrong cab in another preset in that bank too. The correct bank 6 is now it Dropbox

Last edited:
donation sent! thank you for all you do and and all the help you have provided in the past FREE of charge!

Looking forward to the presets!

Omar

Fremen, these are awesome. Question - do have a list of the preset names? I ask because you have wonderfully created over 400 presets, as you've described many are for song/band specific situations. It would be awesome to see all the preset names to make the auditioning a bit more efficient. Perhaps I'm just not loading them properly into AX8 Edit, but I'm only seeing 1 bank at a time.

Thanks dude !

Many presets are described in the tab 2 of the .xls file. Listing them all would take me too much time, however, I will describe the main purpose of each of the 52 banks soon

If you send all the banks in your AX8 using Fractal, you'll see all the presets !

Bought it ! Thank you...waitting for the dropbox link !

All is well ! Thank you !

Last edited:
Here's a list of the banks :
Banks 1-3 : My main live presets. A few are song specific : Sweet child o’mine (Guns’n’Roses), Diary of Jane (Breaking Benjamin), A tout le monde (Megadeth), Rock you like a hurricane (Scorpions), Open your eyes (Alter Bridge), Blurry (Puddle of Mud) but most are generic, go-to presets.

Banks 4-8 : More song specific presets for live use : Numb (Linkin Park), Enter Sandman and Nothing else matters (Metallica), Final countdown (Europe), Ashes (Pain of Salvation), six U2 songs, Life (Devin Townsend), Boulevard of broken dreams (Green Day), Black hole sun (Soundgarden), Cry for you (Andy Timmons), Sultans of swing (Dire Straits) and Owner of a lonely heart (Yes).

Banks 9-10 : Various high gain presets, mainly for leads, and a Pull me under (Dream Theater) tonematch (from Petrucci’s mini MK V Youtube demo).

Banks 11-13 : Five scenes presets. Scene 1 : clean, scene 2 : edge of breakup, scene 3 : crunch, scene 4 : lead 1, scene 5 : lead 2 (more gain)

Banks 14-16 : three more "five scenes" presets, and various "fun" presets, like the popular "atmosynth" (without the bass note of the original, as there’s only one synth block in the AX8), the more recent "fun looper", and various stuff using whammys and harmonizers etc.

Banks 17-19 : the High Gain Starting Pack presets. Scene 1 : rhythm, scene 2 : crunch, scene 3 : lead, scene 4 : softer /warmer lead, scene 5 : recording. I replaced the Multiband Compressor used in scene 5 in the Axe-Fx by a Graphic EQ.

Banks 20-28 : high gain presets sorted by amp model (plus a few mid gain ones, like AC/DC and Morgan fusion)

Banks 29-32 : blues/fusion and boutique presets. Think SRV, Robben Ford, Carlton, Clapton, Santana etc.

Bank 33 : the last 4 blues/fusion presets, and the first four Marshall presets

Banks 34-35 : Marshall presets

Bank 36 : end of Marshall presets, beginning of Vox and Vox-like amps presets.

Bank 37 : end of Vox-like presets, a few special effects distorted presets.

Banks 38-40 : clean amp presets

Banks 41-44 : special effects presets

Banks 45-50 : tonematch presets (exclusive to the AX8, they’re not in my Axe-Fx package), and 11 new presets also exclusive to the AX8

Banks 51-52 : Pink Floyd presets. This is a work in progress, I will update them constantly and add new ones in the coming weeks/months

Note that all presets with “*” or “**” at the end of the file name are tweaked stock presets (sometimes available only in the Axe-Fx II, not the AX8), or presets from other users which I tweaked to my liking. As I’m not the original author, I also shared them for free in a separate download. All the "special effects" presets which were stock on the Axe-Fx II have my own amp+cab settings

Last edited:
Thanks for adding that. I just loaded it up and spun the wheel to try out a few and was impressed. A few things to dig into later - there were a couple with no sound on my system, and most seemed to have the Pedal 1 opposite of my EV1 (unless you said somewhere that heel up is your "start" position..)

Awesome!! By the way, to follow up on some other posters comments there are some presets (I'm using the Alternative Versions) where there is some significant volume differences between presets also (I'm only through auditioning Banks 1-3) quite a few who have scenes where the amp and/or cab are in a bypassed state leading to no sound.

regarding the scenes, on most presets I only use scene 1 ; the multi scenes presets are generally indicated as such
there's also volume differences between rhythm and lead presets, the later being louder by 2 or 3 dB

I've just noticed a possible AX8-Edit bug : when imported (and not sent with Fractal Bot), some banks, like 45 and 49, display EMPTY presets. But if you click on one of them, the correct preset is loaded and its name appears. Strange.

Thanks, now that you released the bank descriptions this will help immensely. So stoked again to have this vast array of tones!

So are you saying its easier to audition the entire set of banks by loading them on the AX8 via Fractal Bot? When using AX8-edit you can only use the "import" button and select one bank, which then you can only double click to load up one preset at a time.

I tried it this way:
  1. Open Preset Manager in AX8 Edit
  2. Choose a folder for AX8 Edit to scan for presets (This will list all the presets in the folder, but it does not look like they all are listed in the order they appear in the banks)
  3. Or, just choose 1 bank. It will list all 8 presets in that bank and you can select all 8 and drag them where you want in the AX8 slots.
When I use Fractal-Bot, I don't see where you can choose the destination.

Here's a list of the banks :
Banks 11-13 : Five scenes presets. Scene 1 : clean, scene 2 : edge of breakup, scene 3 : crunch, scene 4 : lead 1, scene 5 : lead 2 (more gain)
Regarding the SCENE presets - I am not seeing anything in the block display on this - is that expected? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom