Freeze pedal

gsegal

Inspired
EHX.com | Freeze - Sound Retainer | Electro-Harmonix
does anyone know how to achieve this with the axe and liquid foot controller. I know there is a hold setting on the delay block but you can't assign an IA to it. You can only control it with an external controller. I think cliff should allow the user to do it with an IA switch, unless I'm missing something. Thanks for your help in advance.

I don't think delay hold will do quite the same thing as the freeze pedal (loop repeat point will be more obvious), but you can use an IA switch to trigger it--set source to an EXT CTRL, set IA switch to CC# of the EXT CTRL or vice versa. See Axe I/O: CTRL page for current setting of each EXT CTRL.

Great Simeon (as usual). I'm assuming that you're rocking your foot on each chord transition? The hold/transition between the chords is seamless.

You need to figure out a way to not return your loaner. :)

ha! indeed.

yes, i'm rocking the pedal to capture. when it's in toe up position, the delay feedback is at zero, but the input to the delay is at max. toe down, feedback is at max and input is at min. it's pretty tricky to get the curves right to get a smooth transition each time, but as you can hopefully hear...it can be done.

if you were using an ia switch, you need to adjust the damping values, so the capture is reasonably smooth.

i'd normally knock this up for you, but this happens to be one i'm doing for my client at the moment and i'm not sure he'd be happy about paying for it if i'm sharing it on here for free...

but i'd be happy to give you more info if you need it...

sim

i'd normally knock this up for you, but this happens to be one i'm doing for my client at the moment and i'm not sure he'd be happy about paying for it if i'm sharing it on here for free...

but i'd be happy to give you more info if you need it...
sim

Thanks for the offer, and understood re your client.

I actually prefer your approach (as introduced by your Ultra patches) of generally describing how you get sounds, but leaving the actual patch creation as an exercise left to the reader.

I may end up hitting you up if I can't get the transitions to be smooth.

hey simeon,
i just saw this post and would love to get your patch values for your freeze effect. i tried it with the "hold" function in the delay block but it didn't work very well. i'm trying to get the sound in the link in the OP's original post

hey simeon,
i just saw this post and would love to get your patch values for your freeze effect. i tried it with the "hold" function in the delay block but it didn't work very well. i'm trying to get the sound in the link in the OP's original post

Me too, I have almost bought that stinking EH freeze pedal many times

not sure if "other midi controllers" is the right forum for this post. i even had trouble finding it ;)

here you go

external 1 controls the capture

play normally in the toe up position. to capture, rock the pedal down and then snap back to toe up

edit - just realised the patch might be a bit quiet. you'd probably want to replace the amp and cab with your own anyway...

Last edited:
here you go

external 1 controls the capture

play normally in the toe up position. to capture, rock the pedal down and then snap back to toe up

edit - just realised the patch might be a bit quiet. you'd probably want to replace the amp and cab with your own anyway...

sweet. It sounds great!
I took the idea of the quad tap and plex shift freeze and played a bunch with it. I threw on a big muff after the drone got going.

I think i got a cool result;

Wish I wasn't using headphones so I could get the thing feeding back.

Hi

I have a Roland EV5 Expression Pedal in ext1 of my MFC101. I calibrated, but I can't get the Freeze Function with the Pedal.
Anything I must set in the Midi Function of the MFC or The Axe FX II ?

Thxs for your help

Back
Top Bottom