Free Dynacab pack

I agree with the people that say you should be able to use the DynaCabs from your Axe-FX III with this product. Yes, it is a free piece of software but last time I checked, I paid over $2,000 for my Axe-FX and it is the third one I've purchased (previously owning an Ultra and II). DynaCabs are the default format moving forward. I don't object to Fractal monetizing their technology, it's just I feel I've already paid for this. I'd like to be able to print from my Axe-Fx without a cab and tweak in the mix. When I mix, I don't even have my Axe-FX driver enabled in my DAW. It just creates problems with my DP/Apollo based system. Agreeing also with another comment, the stock DyanCabs sound good. I'd be willing to pay a modest fee for this, say $15. I'm not a fan of the physical 1960TV for my needs, so I wouldn't pay for this product. A Boogie or Engl 412 or something would be more attractive to me. I imagine these are coming down the road.

no because many times I prefer the sound of just an m160. I don't need anything else. You probably don't either. I just can't beat it for a solo mic. Usually for a two mic blend I use a 57 and 160 with more of the 57, but I don't usually use any of the other mics in that pack. It's like they took ALL of the mics I NEVER use, that NEVER like using, and exclusively added only those to the packs with the exception of the 57. Why would I spend time trying to mix a sound I like from mics I don't like? Bad plus bad can never equal good. If you like working that way, have fun but I have better things to do.

If you have better things to do then do them. I don’t quite get the attitude. FAS makes an excellent product and they constantly upgrade at no charge. If you want to dismiss the whole thing because it is missing one mic, then that’s on you. Submit a wish for Dynacab packs with that mic. Maybe it will happen. Other vendors will be making packs and your mic is bound to show up sooner or later.

Buy a car and expect free gas, see what that gets you.
Expectation is 100% guarantee of disappointment.
Isnt just simple as that. Ive bought the CAB LAB 3, I expected to have the onboard Dynacabs working on the software at least in trial mode, its a reasonable expectation.

broke-poor.gif

...its a reasonable expectation.
It’s actually not reasonable… although it has become an ‘expectation’ considering how stinking generous and innovative FAS is. I can’t think of one other musical product that has updated it’s firmware more times, gone through more generations (ergo my Ultra is still awesome) while maintaining peak resale value while establishing the bar for an entire musical industry niche. I anguish waiting for X32 or other equipment updates.

Don’t get me wrong… I dig free ‘stuff’ but the reality is I have gotten so much ‘free’ stuff from Fractal I feel guilty. Almost.

My opinion won't be a popular one, but coming from the perspective that I have spent so much on IRs in the past and use the select few after 1000s of hours of comparisons, I have no intentions of purchasing anything further. I will however continue to try out those dyna cabs included in the unit. It simply doesn't make sense for me to purchase cabinets and not use them.
The grass is greener syndrome is a total time suck. The Fractal comes with tons of IRs yet I felt the need to purchase additional Ownhammer, ML, Bogren, York...(and the list goes on)
At the end of it, sure there are small variations between them all but I've grown tired (at least at this moment) of the process. I can't see myself spending cash on different dyna cabs and doing this all over again. I'm 99% happy with any v30 or m25 variation from the above players and eq'ing to fit the mix. I appreciate all of the time and effort and respect the Fractal team for everything they bring to the table.

Last edited by a moderator:
My opinion won't be a popular one, but coming from the perspective that I have spent so much on IRs in the past and use the select few after 1000s of hours of comparisons, I have no intentions of purchasing anything further. I will however continue to try out those dyna cabs included in the unit. It simply doesn't make sense for me to purchase cabinets and not use them.
Not buying if not using seems logical to me. The on-board DC versions offer plenty of muscle. For me, the small cost is worth the added benefit.

I don't get it, all these complaints! You guys should be happy! If you want to opt in on DynaCabs, buy a DynaCab pack. It's only $29 and nothing much of a ask from Fractal. Given all the free stuff we get with updates and an endless flow of improvements, it just demonstrates that the Fractal eco system is not so expensive over time. At some point they probably will give away some freebies, but now we got CL4 for free. I bought Cab Lab at v2 and I'm really happy to see it greatly improved including DAW support and for free. Awesome work Fractal Team!

Last edited:
I bought the TV cab and it is awesome. Question....? How many points around the cab were captured due to it being 360 degrees? How long does it take per cab per mic? I assume this is automated using the robotic mic but it must still be very time consuming.

It’s actually not reasonable… although it has become an ‘expectation’ considering how stinking generous and innovative FAS is. I can’t think of one other musical product that has updated it’s firmware more times, gone through more generations (ergo my Ultra is still awesome) while maintaining peak resale value while establishing the bar for an entire musical industry niche. I anguish waiting for X32 or other equipment updates.

Don’t get me wrong… I dig free ‘stuff’ but the reality is I have gotten so much ‘free’ stuff from Fractal I feel guilty. Almost.
As many other software, upgrading it and having a discount. I´d rather pay for CAB LAB 4 and having the actual DCs from the unit, them buying extra cabs

The grass is greener syndrome is a total time suck. The Fractal comes with tons of IRs yet I felt the need to purchase additional Ownhammer, ML, Bogren, York...(and the list goes on)
At the end of it, sure there are small variations between them all but I've grown tired (at least at this moment) of the process. I can't see myself spending cash on different dyna cabs and doing this all over again. I'm 99% happy with any v30 or m25 variation from the above players and eq'ing to fit the mix. I appreciate all of the time and effort and respect the Fractal team for everything they bring to the table.
I feel you! I have like 50% of the entire library of Ownhammer, York Audio and ML soundlabs. Spent hundreds of hours trying/tweaking/changing IRs.

But as we speak, all of my presets just uses factory IRs made by FAS. They are the most natural and raw sounding of them all and they are right there on the unit for everyone to use. Learned my lesson. If you can’t get it to sound good with factory IRs, then the IRs are not the problem.

Have not fully jived with the Dyna Cabs yet though. A bit scooped sounding to my ears. But the legacy IRs are fantastic, so no big deal.

I bought the TV cab and it is awesome. Question....? How many points around the cab were captured due to it being 360 degrees? How long does it take per cab per mic? I assume this is automated using the robotic mic but it must still be very time consuming.
According to Justin Yorks post in another thread it’s very time consuming and takes about 3 times as long to capture a Dyna cab vs his method of IR

Reading this info on the https://shop.fractalaudio.com/dynacab-pack-2x12-double-verb/ seems to indicate they are 2048 samples. I Could be wrong though.

View attachment 128677
It's possibly my misunderstanding...

Since it can export a mixed UltraRes IR, my assumption was that was a hardware DynaCab limit based on previous posts.

Maybe @FractalAudio can clarify?

Edit:

Cliff confirmed here that they are bigger:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/free-dynacab-pack.198950/post-2476240

Last edited:
For those complaining about not being able to access the onboard DynaCabs from Cab-Lab 4, this is no different than in Cab-Lab 3 having no access to onboard IRs... And you had to buy that one!

Maybe Fractal should have not bothered to put them onboard at all and only made them available through Cab-Lab? Then you'd need a different reason to complain...

I agree with the people that say you should be able to use the DynaCabs from your Axe-FX III with this product. Yes, it is a free piece of software but last time I checked, I paid over $2,000 for my Axe-FX and it is the third one I've purchased (previously owning an Ultra and II). DynaCabs are the default format moving forward. I don't object to Fractal monetizing their technology, it's just I feel I've already paid for this. I'd like to be able to print from my Axe-Fx without a cab and tweak in the mix. When I mix, I don't even have my Axe-FX driver enabled in my DAW. It just creates problems with my DP/Apollo based system. Agreeing also with another comment, the stock DyanCabs sound good. I'd be willing to pay a modest fee for this, say $15. I'm not a fan of the physical 1960TV for my needs, so I wouldn't pay for this product. A Boogie or Engl 412 or something would be more attractive to me. I imagine these are coming down the road.
Nobody has said DynaCabs are the new default format.

Back
Top Bottom