Free Dynacab pack

danielworks

Inspired
I installed CAB LAB 4 expecting to mix the dynacabs installed in my unit, so then I discovered that I had to purchase a dynacab pack, and I already bought CAB LAB 3 by the way …
At this point i don’t feel tempted to buy for example the 4x12 1960tv pack, since the 4x12 dynacabs in the unit already does the job very weel. I think that there should be a free pack of a few cabs, maybe at least one dynacab.
Maybe a refund or a discount to who bought cab lab3 to invest in dynacabs?

You're not the first to imagine that. I added it to the FAQ here:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...acab-packs-now-available.198929/#post-2475057

There are plenty of Free legacy IR packs from Fractal Audio. You can use these in Single IR mode. I'll look into adding a small sampler DynaCab Pack with maybe one cab and one mic for maybe $5.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/a-gift-from-fractal-audio-free-cab-pack.133595/

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/free-hj-4x12-rca-cab-pack.156177/

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...n-of-the-80th-birthday-of-frank-zappa.168497/

So you're complaining because you didn't get free cabs with a free software package...

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

To be fair, I thought there was going to be atleast 1 free dyna cab pack of whatever cab and mic combo just to test out the program’s capabilities for cablab 4

A cab-pack version for cab-lab 4 of whatever’s already free in the hardware to be specific

(Of course I know you could do it in hardware if it’s the same cab pack)

But hey it is what it is

Last edited:
(Of course I know you could do it in hardware if it’s the same cab pack)
Not necessarily - a key point that I sense may be getting misunderstood a bit is that, even though we have the same overall DCs in the hardware as the currently released debut CL4 DC packs, the CL4 DC packs offer more options and capability:
  • More Mics available.
  • Mix and save to an on-board legacy slot.
  • Save in Ultrares to an on-board legacy slot.
  • Wider, more granular range of Mic Placement options on both sides if the speaker + Zoomed view ability.
  • Daw access.
  • Custom Trim Options on Output.
  • Freq response graphs.
I find these things well worth the $ even though I have access to the same overall cab(s) on-board (with less mic options) compared to the CL4 DC pack(s) that I bought. I'm guessing/hoping that in future we may see CL4 packs for DCs that are completely different than anything available in the stock on-board selection.

Last edited:
Not necessarily - a key point that I sense may be getting misunderstood a bit is that, even though we have the same overall DCs in the hardware as the currently released debut CL4 DC packs, the CL4 DC packs offer more options and capability:
  • More Mics available.
  • Wider range of Mic Placement Options + Zoomed view ability.
  • Daw access.
  • Freq response graphs.
I find these things well worth the $ even though I have access to the same overall cab(s) on-board (with less mic options) compared to the CL4 DC pack(s) that I bought. I'm guessing/hoping that in future we may see CL4 packs for DCs that are completely different than anything available in the stock on-board selection.

Thanks for clarifying

This is definitely the wrong product to take care of the pence so that the pounds will take care of themselves :D

30 bucks is one cab pack, but once you acquire a taste for it, you'll come back and the transaction will look like this:, especially taking future cab packs into consideration:

giphy.gif

digital (high end) cab that will never blow speakers, be mismatched to an amp, nor take up physical space for $30 vs. real cab that is heavy and takes up a lot of physical space for $200+??

Of course, $200 is the lowest of the low and typically a craigslist/fb marketplace find and those are always a nightmare… I’ll take the cab pack please.

• More Mics available.
  • Wider range of Mic Placement Options + Zoomed view ability.
  • Daw access.
  • Freq response graphs.
yes need an M160 mic in the packs. I wont buy without that, since I would rather have a mono M160 than a million choices of blending other mics.

• More Mics available.
  • Wider, more granular range of Mic Placement options on both sides if the speaker + Zoomed view ability.
  • Daw access.
  • Freq response graphs.
If the IRs are only 2048 samples is there any point in exporting to ultrares? Seems unnecessary.

It might be that the interpolation and/or resampling process used to generate the final IR from all the DynaCab spatial sample points results in a higher resolution final IR than each individual sample point contains.

Last edited:
Bought the 1960TV cab - outstanding sounds! The granularity you can get from "4" is unreal - never realized moving the mic to the left of the cap sounds different than the right of the cap until I caught Cooper Carter's vid on Cab Lab.

This is something really highlighted visually in Amplitube 5, of all things. Especially for a 4x12, when in certain positions you'll be picking up a little of the speakers right next to or below the one you're on. And of course, four speakers even of the same model may sound a little different from each other anyway. If you take that out of the equation with a 1x12, even then you have the acoustics of the room making a difference in a huge way, how the room is treated, etc. So many factors!

I installed CAB LAB 4 expecting to mix the dynacabs installed in my unit, so then I discovered that I had to purchase a dynacab pack, and I already bought CAB LAB 3 by the way …
At this point i don’t feel tempted to buy for example the 4x12 1960tv pack, since the 4x12 dynacabs in the unit already does the job very weel. I think that there should be a free pack of a few cabs, maybe at least one dynacab.
Maybe a refund or a discount to who bought cab lab3 to invest in dynacabs?
For what it is worth, I thought the same thing, in that I was hoping to mix the dyna cabs in the unit to save dsp on the unit.

Back
Top Bottom