FracTool - for power users only

Cool - It's funny, because I have never seen this problem with any other block type.

It is pretty minor, when I get presets from Moke, because I will always get screenshots documenting what all scenes should be, but if I download something from AxeChange, I have no idea, and those filter blocks can really change the sound of a preset.

All the modifiers were correct in this one. But they were also correct, when I first tested this preset. The previous preset, I tested had some problems with the modifiers, but I did not get that one to re-test, and I will not get it today :(

All the modifiers were correct in this one. But they were also correct, when I first tested this preset. The previous preset, I tested had some problems with the modifiers, but I did not get that one to re-test, and I will not get it today :(
I have to get the ax8 back to his owner tomorrow morning :(

I tried your tool on my mac before while running AX8-Edit. I tried it last night on my Windows 10 machine and for some reason the two wouldn't work at the same time. If Fractool was running then AX8-Edit would show disconnected. If AX8-Edit was already running Fractool would time out. Is there a setting or something I need to change?

Thanks,
Jason

I tried your tool on my mac before while running AX8-Edit. I tried it last night on my Windows 10 machine and for some reason the two wouldn't work at the same time. If Fractool was running then AX8-Edit would show disconnected. If AX8-Edit was already running Fractool would time out. Is there a setting or something I need to change?

Thanks,
Jason
No it never worked that way, the ax8 has never been able to share his ports. Only the axefx can

Hi all,
Here is something a lot of users have asked for : A tool to open XL presets on an AxeFx II mk1/mk2 and vice-versa. And open AX8 presets on AxeFx II/XL. And... OPEN AxeFx presets on AX8 ! :D

capture.jpg
capture2.jpg

- It shifts usercab slots pointed by your CAB blocks so if an XL preset points to user cab 10, the converted II preset should also point to usercab 10, and viceversa
- It converts Tonematch data if the preset embeds some. (not on AX8 of course)
- Nothing is changed in the blocks parameters, so you may encounter differences if the AxeFx II reacts differently or if the XL preset used unavailable blocks (Y states)....
- When converting to AX8, unavailable blocks are removed and replaced by shunts
- Can convert offline
- Shows preset layout (online & offline)
- Shows preset layout if a conversion encountered unavailable blocks (online & offline)
- Auto-updates to latest version (after 2.0 beta 16)
- Can now convert presets to local files even if connected to a fas device.
- Successfully converts blocks with different X/Y data sets between II/XL/AX8.
- Bypass states should be kept between II and XL.
- Now converts input block successfully to/from AX8.
- Now converts approximatively to/from AX8 AMP block levels.

- Now includes all functionalities (and more) of defunct AxeFxBankMgr
- Allows you to audition easily banks/multiple presets at once just by dropping files on the FAS device icon.
- Batch convert multiple banks/presets at once by dropping files on the harddrive icon.

- Audition Multiple presets/Cabs
- Convert/rearrange cabs banks
- Create Cabs banks from single cabs or the reverse.

- Convert bundles

- Includes functionalities from AxeFxCabList
capture4.jpg

- Allows renaming of Presets and Cabs in banks
- Associates to syx file extension (win)
- Allows you to export blocks from presets individually
- Converts individual blocks and send individual blocks to the connected machine

- audition tools when dropping a cab bank or multiple cabs : you can mark the cabs you like, set a timer for axefxsend to automatically let you audition a new cab every xx seconds etc...
- Convert bookmarked cabs to a bank or saved them to individual cabs.
- Supports zip files ! You can now drop a zip file containing cabs or presets or whatever ! :)

- NEW ! Compare amp models without changing any parameter ! And with their real world names
capture3.jpg

- NEW in 2.10 : access AxeChange presets/cabs !

capture5.jpg

- NEW in 2.16 : Online/Offline preset parameters display, Export to CSV/PDF/XML/HTML

- NEW in 2.20 : Preset and block randomizer

- NEW in 2.21 : Batch setter allows you to set/increase/decrease a parameter on multiple presets !

"Use at your own risk"

And please donate if you like/use it ;)

Here is the tool :

THERE IS NO VIRUS IN IT : PROOF =
https://virustotal.com/fr/file/a14f...21249030d815831cc456e304/analysis/1464710322/

If your "antivirus" (AVG/Windows Defender or other pseudo-antivirus) detects it as a virus, then adopt another antivirus.

Win : http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/FracTool.exe
Mac : http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/FracTool.pkg

Current version : 2.30

I recommend you associate syx file extension to it, this will allow you to hear a preset/ir by double-clicking it.

Presets are sent to the edit buffer, you'll have to save where you want.

Irs are sent to scratchpad and present cab blocks are set to point to scratchpad, easing auditioning process.

Donations : https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CRDEGURGG6S7Q

Thanks to FAS for allowing me to do it, duguy for beta testing and tgunn for code inspiration.

Usage :

French video tutorial :

English video tutorial :

This is actually a pretty good tool. I have putz around with it for a few hours. In my mind this should've been functionality that comes with AXE FX.

There is a bug though. When you search then scroll down the list of presets to select, and click on any preset, your selection does work. Instead the app makes a random selection and takes you back to the top of the list --- essentially you can't select anything unless it is at the top of the list in your search. Speaking of the search, the feature is lacking a bit. You can't search on specific fields so too much comes back in the search. This compounds the list selection bug described here.

This is actually a pretty good tool. I have putz around with it for a few hours. In my mind this should've been functionality that comes with AXE FX.

There is a bug though. When you search then scroll down the list of presets to select, and click on any preset, your selection does work. Instead the app makes a random selection and takes you back to the top of the list --- essentially you can't select anything unless it is at the top of the list in your search. Speaking of the search, the feature is lacking a bit. You can't search on specific fields so too much comes back in the search. This compounds the list selection bug described here.
Please describe the problem clearly, i didn't understand what you're talking about

No it never worked that way, the ax8 has never been able to share his ports. Only the axefx can
FracTool is great, thanks a lot for the continuous updates.
I am having issues with FracTool and Axe-Edit running concurrently: I cannot get it to work that both have access to my Axe-FXII on a Win10 machine. With Axe-Edit started first, I get error messages in FracTool (RtMidi Open Error: MidiOutWinMM::eek:penPort: error creating Windows MM MIDI output port.
"Error opening MIDI ports AXE-FX II and AXE-FX II"); With FracTool started first, Axe-Edit does not connect.
Thanks for any hint.

FracTool is great, thanks a lot for the continuous updates.
I am having issues with FracTool and Axe-Edit running concurrently: I cannot get it to work that both have access to my Axe-FXII on a Win10 machine. With Axe-Edit started first, I get error messages in FracTool (RtMidi Open Error: MidiOutWinMM::eek:penPort: error creating Windows MM MIDI output port.
"Error opening MIDI ports AXE-FX II and AXE-FX II"); With FracTool started first, Axe-Edit does not connect.
Thanks for any hint.
Works perfectly on win7...

Please describe the problem clearly, i didn't understand what you're talking about
I just downloaded and have been trying this out. I have the same problem as knjawefx2. When your on the Axechange or Axechange Cabs tab if you scroll down using the scroll bar on the right (or using the mouse wheel to scroll down) if you scroll beyond the first page when you click on the patch you want instead of loading it goes back to the top immediately - so if you double click it goes to the top and loads one of the patches at the top of the list. So you can't actually select a patch this way if your looking for something further down the list. What you have to do is look up the patch you want using the search function first, which takes you down to where you want to go and then you can select it without it going back to the top of the list.

I just downloaded and have been trying this out. I have the same problem as knjawefx2. When your on the Axechange or Axechange Cabs tab if you scroll down using the scroll bar on the right (or using the mouse wheel to scroll down) if you scroll beyond the first page when you click on the patch you want instead of loading it goes back to the top immediately - so if you double click it goes to the top and loads one of the patches at the top of the list. So you can't actually select a patch this way if your looking for something further down the list. What you have to do is look up the patch you want using the search function first, which takes you down to where you want to go and then you can select it without it going back to the top of the list.
Thanks for the clearer explanation, AxeChange wasn't mentionned in the previous post... I'll try this asap

I just upgraded from an Axe-Fx II Mark I to an XL+ and wondering if I convert my MkI presets to XL+ with FracTool, will it correctly convert blocks bypass states that have XY on the XL+ but not on the MkI or will I need to manually adjust the bypass states after importing them into my XL+?

Also, If I save a block from one of my MkI presets that doesn't have XY and then add that block to an XL+ preset, will that have the correct bypass state or will I need to manually adjust that for saved blocks too?

I'm just trying to figure out the easiest way to move all my presets from my MkI to my XL+.

I just upgraded from an Axe-Fx II Mark I to an XL+ and wondering if I convert my MkI presets to XL+ with FracTool, will it correctly convert blocks bypass states that have XY on the XL+ but not on the MkI or will I need to manually adjust the bypass states after importing them into my XL+?

Also, If I save a block from one of my MkI presets that doesn't have XY and then add that block to an XL+ preset, will that have the correct bypass state or will I need to manually adjust that for saved blocks too?

I'm just trying to figure out the easiest way to move all my presets from my MkI to my XL+.

I could be wrong but from what I understand MK presets are natively forward compatible with the XL+. Have you tried loading some of your presets into the XL+?

Back
Top Bottom