FracTool - for power users only

Hi Alex:

Thanks for the enhancements! Will be testing out over next few days.

Not sure if can add this as improvement for future use on Trello (don't think I have permission, but following it)... but was hoping you could also add a BLOCK ON/OFF as a new Batch setter parameter.

User would specify a BLOCK Effect, and could use it for X/Y data set (apply). This would turn a specific effects block on or off across a specified range of presets.

The value to the 700+ Naked Amp TonePack users is they could then globally turn OFF the FXLOOP if they weren't going out to a power amp and cab from Output2...

Doable maybe?

Hi Alex:

Thanks for the enhancements! Will be testing out over next few days.

Not sure if can add this as improvement for future use on Trello (don't think I have permission, but following it)... but was hoping you could also add a BLOCK ON/OFF as a new Batch setter parameter.

User would specify a BLOCK Effect, and could use it for X/Y data set (apply). This would turn a specific effects block on or off across a specified range of presets.

The value to the 700+ Naked Amp TonePack users is they could then globally turn OFF the FXLOOP if they weren't going out to a power amp and cab from Output2...

Doable maybe?
Thanks, yes good idea
Definitely doable :)

everything good on Mac and latest version, except for the usual 'unidentified developer BS message...easy enough to bypass...we know who you are....

There is a user manual for FracTool where I can find all I want to find out and how this tool is working,whithout boring with stupid (maybe) questions the majority of nice fellows on this forum ?

New FracTool 2.60 is available :
- Adds Bypass/Engage action on blocks in Batch Setter
- New Amp resetter utility ! Allows you to reset all your amps in multiple presets, keeping your prefered parameters untouched !

Fantastic! Thank you AlGrenadine!

For anyone who owns the 700+ Naked Amps TonePack, if you do upgrade to 9.02 firmware, NOW you can use the leatest FracTool 2.60 to change the AMP BLOCK's new default SKPR COMP of 3.0 back to 0.0 -- and that will keep the preset tones the same as in 8.02.

First, as always, use FractalBot to back up everything BEFORE you do anything. So you can always go backwards.

If you loaded up presets under 8.02 and then updated to 9.02, the update will apply a SPKR COMP value of 3.0 and change the sound some, lowering the volume slightly as well (compression).

Here is how to remove it using FracTool, which will make the TonePack preset sounds the same as the were created in FW Q8.02

1. Run FracTool. Make sure it "sees" your unit -- if you own multiple units, you may have to power one off to get it to see the one you want. See the connection message int he lower left corner.
2. Go To BATCH SETTER (a tab at top)
3. Under the top left BATCH SETTER menu, under BLOCK, choose AMP1
4. Under PARAMETER, choose SPKR COMP
5. Under SET, put a new value of 0 (zero).
6. Under apply to presets, put the range number of the Naked Amp presets you've loaded (numerical preset locations)
7. in middle of screen, go ahead and check the box that says "Apply to X and Y datasets if available"
8. The at the bottom of the screen, hit APPLY.

Also, you can now turn off the FX LOOP if you want so you can use Output2 with the Factory Cab, which I know was issue for some folk's rig set ups.

1. Under BLOCK, choose LOOP
2. No parameter setting3. Under VALUE,cChoose "Bypass Block and Save."
3. Choose preset range to apply to
4. Check the X/Y Dataset if available option
5. Hit Apply

I don't know about you guys, but I just sent a financial donation to FracTool -- this tool really make a huge difference and deserves our support! Can't wait to try FracTool on my FX8 too, soon!Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 9.07.30 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 9.07.30 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 9.09.47 PM.png

Thanks for a fantastic utility, AlGrenadine.
I'm not sure how to update.
I am getting an 'update found' 2.60 (OK.) each time i double click on a preset in windows explorer.
The presets load fine from any AFX version (AFX II MII), so it hasn't been a problem. i just want to get up to speed.

I'm not sure how to update.
I am getting an 'update found' 2.60 (OK.) each time i double click on a preset in windows explorer.
The presets load fine from any AFX version (AFX II MII), so it hasn't been a problem. i just want to get up to speed.
The update is pretty much forced on you. When you get the “update found “ message, if you can still use FracTool, it’s already been updated. Look at the screen. It’ll tell you what version you’re running.

Thanks Alex for your excellent contribution to this community. I just received my AX8, but I know I am going to use your application a lot.
Je viens de vous faire parvernir un don.
Salut, du Québec!

Back
Top Bottom