FracTool - for power users only

AxeFxSend 2.01 is released !
It's no longer beta as it now does nearly everything the old AxeFxSend 1.06 did.

- Adds audition tools when dropping a cab bank or multiple cabs : you can mark the cabs you like, set a timer for axefxsend to automatically let you audition a new cab every xx seconds etc...
- Convert bookmarked cabs to a bank or saved them to individual cabs.
- Supports zip files ! You can now drop a zip file containing cabs or presets or whatever ! :)
- Adds a context menu on the fasDevice icon, so right clicking on it allows you to open the currently selected preset on your AxeFx/AX8 and convert it or save it or view it etc...
- Supports AxeFx and AX8 Q3 firmwares

@AlGrenadine Updater fails to download on Mac. I think it's because of the security features. I have to download, then open security prefs to allow it. Not a huge issue, just thought you should know.

Having issues with any 'Bundled' preset...........I have an Axe-Fx ll, mark 1. When I try to open a 'Bundled' preset made with any format (including mine), It does not load into my connected Axe-Fx ll and the 'AxeFxSend' grid is not displayed? Not sure if it is supposed to or if I'm not using it correctly?

A video would be awesome.......

Having issues with any 'Bundled' preset...........I have an Axe-Fx ll, mark 1. When I try to open a 'Bundled' preset made with any format (including mine), It does not load into my connected Axe-Fx ll and the 'AxeFxSend' grid is not displayed? Not sure if it is supposed to or if I'm not using it correctly?

A video would be awesome.......
Normal, it just converts them offline, use axeedit then to send.

@AlGrenadine Updater fails to download on Mac. I think it's because of the security features. I have to download, then open security prefs to allow it. Not a huge issue, just thought you should know.

You can either do what Yek suggested, or in your Mac OS go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy and temporarily allow the app to run from there.

EDIT: You've already done this!!!! Ha ha, sorry about that! :oops::rolleyes:

Press CONTROL while opening the package.
I never get an opportunity to do that. I get the popup offering to update, click that I see some activity in the app and then a message saying something along the lines of "Failed to write to FxSend.pkg" or words to that effect (not verbatim - whatever the filename is) in yellow text in the message area. That's about the size of it.

I never get an opportunity to do that. I get the popup offering to update, click that I see some activity in the app and then a message saying something along the lines of "Failed to write to FxSend.pkg" or words to that effect (not verbatim - whatever the filename is) in yellow text in the message area. That's about the size of it.

Out of curiosity does it provide you with a dialog prompting you where to save AxeFxSend.pkg? I know mine does (I choose my user home's "Downloads" folder) and it defaults to the last folder used by AxeFxSend IIRC... just thinking that the folder might be defaulting to something you as the user don't have access to write to w/o authenticating as admin first, and if you're just hitting "okay" on the dialog that comes up that might be the issue with it failing to write. I could be way off base though, but might be worth confirming that that dialog is saving to Downloads or Desktop or the like first, then just double click the package installer to install the new update.

FWIW, if the gatekeeper complains about the developer signature when trying to launch the pkg you can right click and say "Open" from the context menu. That'll bypass gatekeeper security on any executable downloaded from the net. Apple figures anyone "power user" enough to know how to control click and select Open is probably savvy enough to know that they trust the content they're about to run as well ;)

If you're not getting prompted with the he dialog of where to save AxeFxSend.pkg, might be worth downloading the Installer in the op and installing form that, suppose it's possible that the older version has a bug with the update downloading?

Last edited:
Yes AxeFxSend asks you where you want to save AxeFxSend.pkg, just choose a location where you have the writing rights...

Back
Top Bottom