FracTool - for power users only

Got it from about 9:30 on the video, so thanks for that. My mental model was that the "explorer" you were talking about was an explorer invoked from within Fractool, which would directly access the connected AxeFX.

Instead, you were talking about the Windows Explorer. So you have to have saved the presets from the AxeFX to your hard drive first, and once a preset has its own .syx file on the hard drive, that is what you drag and drop. That's what was missing for me.
No, you can directly see the axefx's preset, right click on the axefx icon

Fractool is almost perfect.
But when we convert an Axe Fx preset with two amps to AX8, always AMP1 is choosen for the result.
Is it possible to add a question box to choose between AMP1 or AMP2 for the result ?
Thanks a lot for this tool
Chris

Ok I'm sure I'm overlooking something very simple here.. but when I run the .exc file, the fractool installs and comes up.. and works converting files for my AX8... but when I close out or "X" out of the fractool program, then I can't find it again... no icon and not in program files (?).. so I end up re-installing it every time I want to use it... So I guess the question is: What is the best way to access the Fractool program to open it?

Sorry If this has been covered previously, I didn't not read through all 70 pages :eek::oops:

- I'm running a PC

Thanks in advance,
Rick

Hi, I just downloaded this to my MacBook. When i open the app, it gives me a "quit unexpectedly" warning and won't open. Im using the latest OS. Any help would be great!
Thanks!

OK so this thread is 71 pages. I'm sure there are a LOT of useful tips and tricks in here but it's unusable for that purpose. @AlGrenadine can you condense your wisdom and get m@ to make one sticky FAQ? Or maybe @yek can make it a wiki section? Thanks!

Yeah that's all well and good but it doesn't include any of the tribal knowledge embedded in this thread. It's just
Functionality
  • Conversion:
    • Opens Axe-Fx II XL and XL+ presets on original Axe-Fx II and Axe-Fx II Mark II devices, or perform offline conversion.
    • Opens Axe-Fx II presets on a AX8 and vice versa, or perform offline conversion.
  • Auditioning and viewing:
    • Shows which cabs are being used by your presets.
    • Shows in which presets a specific cab is being used.
    • Shows the layout of a preset, offline!
    • Shows a preset's blocks parameters, offline!
    • Auditions single or presets or cabs, and banks.
  • Bank handling:
    • Auditions single or presets or cabs, and banks.
    • Creates banks or convert banks into presets.
    • Renames presets or cabs in banks.
    • Auto-auditions presets and cabs by using a timer.
  • Comparison of amp models:
    • Compares an amp model to another, without changing parameters.
  • Axe-Change:
    • Support Axe-Change Presets
    • Support Axe-Change Cabs
  • Export:
    • Export a preset's grid and parameters values to PDF, CSV, XML or HTML
  • Other:
    • Auto-updates.
    • Supports ZIP-files.
    • And more....
which isn't terribly useful.

What do you wanna achieve you don't know how to?
I don't know, that's the point. I have no idea what's in this thing since I posted about my last issue a year and a half ago. The thought is that someone has ran into an issue that you already solved. The solution is somewhere in that 71+ pages but I'm not going be be able to find that especially if I don't know what terminology to use to search.

Look if it's too much of a problem forget I said anything. I didn't mention it to piss anyone off.

Wiki is a collaborative media. Please contribute!
I'm carrying 18 credits of hard science this semester. I shouldn't even be posting this, much less mucking about in Yek's wiki, but I have a porkloin in the oven and a few minutes to respond to the alerts.

I don't know, that's the point. I have no idea what's in this thing since I posted about my last issue a year and a half ago. The thought is that someone has ran into an issue that you already solved. The solution is somewhere in that 71+ pages but I'm not going be be able to find that especially if I don't know what terminology to use to search.

Look if it's too much of a problem forget I said anything. I didn't mention it to piss anyone off.

I'm carrying 18 credits of hard science this semester. I shouldn't even be posting this, much less mucking about in Yek's wiki, but I have a porkloin in the oven and a few minutes to respond to the alerts.
No problem mate, i just propose to help ;)

So basically you'd like a full view of what FracTool can do?

Reactions: Rex
I agree that the interface on first inspection is a bit confusing. Mainly because like mentioned above it is very streamlined to the point that I and probably others are looking for things that don't exist. I figured it out with a bit of click and explore but I'm sure people with less patience, or time might benefit from a few simple tutorial videos or posts.

Back
Top Bottom