FracTool - for power users only

Wow! Al, you are a genius!! PLEASE tell me this will magically make all the Fractal presets I’ve been accumulating over the last 11 months (while patiently waiting for my FM3) instantly work on my (forthcoming) FM3🙏
I’m an AX8 waitlister and have never touched a Fractal product before, so, of course, I want this FM3 thing to give me instant gratification the day I get it, right? Who knows, maybe the Factory FM3 presets will be amazing enough to hold me over until it can......

Wow! Al, you are a genius!! PLEASE tell me this will magically make all the Fractal presets I’ve been accumulating over the last 11 months (while patiently waiting for my FM3) instantly work on my (forthcoming) FM3🙏
I’m an AX8 waitlister and have never touched a Fractal product before, so, of course, I want this FM3 thing to give me instant gratification the day I get it, right? Who knows, maybe the Factory FM3 presets will be amazing enough to hold me over until it can......
Instantly no, but fm3 conversion is expected as soon as i'll have received my fm3.
Of course i should be able to propose conversion earlier but it may or may not work, as usual when you work blindly...

Sorry there's nothing i can do, it's just an opengl view, if it's slow it's because something doesn't like opengl on your system...
According to Apple my iMac uses OpenGL 4.1 and OpenCL 1.2. OpenGL is currently at 4.6 so it might be you are using a new implementation. Just wish it wasn't there at all since it does nothing for me.

Thanks for your time. 👍

According to Apple my iMac uses OpenGL 4.1 and OpenCL 1.2. OpenGL is currently at 4.6 so it might be you are using a new implementation. Just wish it wasn't there at all since it does nothing for me.

Thanks for your time. 👍
Only openGL3 is required...
It runs smoothly on my mac mini 2014, so... i don't know

Al, sorry to bother you... but is there a troubleshooting guide ?. I have searched the forum & watched the YouTube stuff but I cant get a .syx file from my FX II to load on the FX III . The Fractool pop-up window shows the loaded/converted preset, but it does not load in the FX III.
I'm a developer, so i'm not so dumb (maybe), but I'm sure I'm doing something wrong... as this tool is loved and used by thousands
Any time you have to spare to help is appreciated. I drag in my file to the picture of the FX III but no load.

Al, sorry to bother you... but is there a troubleshooting guide ?. I have searched the forum & watched the YouTube stuff but I cant get a .syx file from my FX II to load on the FX III . The Fractool pop-up window shows the loaded/converted preset, but it does not load in the FX III.
I'm a developer, so i'm not so dumb (maybe), but I'm sure I'm doing something wrong... as this tool is loved and used by thousands
Any time you have to spare to help is appreciated. I drag in my file to the picture of the FX III but no load.
Are you dragging and dropping the .syx file on the Axe-Fx III icon in the FracTool window, or the magnifying glass? If you drop on the "Send to Connected Device" icon (will be a picture of whichever FAS device you have connected) you can send direct to the device (will load to the current preset). From the pop-up window for "View" (magnifier glass icon) or "Convert to local file(s)" (hard drive icon), you can always click the "Preset" menu and chose the "Send to fasDevice" option at the bottom of the menu.

If you drop on the AxeFx III picture and it doesn't load it's because your AxeFx III firmware is outdated. Update it (drop the firmware zip file on the AxeFx III icon it's simpler than anything else)
Or you're trying to load a cab file or cab bank, which must be done this way : drop on the harddisk icon, save as (convert to III) then load cabs with fractal bot or AxeIIIEdit

Last edited:
FracTool 3.43 is available :
  • AxeFx III firmware 12.03 support
  • FM3 preliminary support : Bank files are now supported, not available blocks are shunted during conversion (III=>FM3)

NB : FM3=>III conversion works but amp block parameters are wrong until someone with a FM3 sends me the firmware definitions file (obtained from FracTool)

Will converting AX8 presets to FM3 presets be supported soon? Or does it work already?
It already "kind of" works but i couldn't verify (of course, nobody has a fm3) so...
And the amp parameters are wrong when converting as for now they are converted as AxeFx III amp parameters but we all know the FM3 has less parameters...
Also, as the AX8 grid is a 14x4 and the FM3 grid is only 12x4, i didn't solve the input/output blocks problem yet so they have to be positioned manually

Thanks for the quick answer.
But they are working on a solution 👍
As long as I don't have the FM3 yet you can take your time. 😉

If you drop on the AxeFx III picture and it doesn't load it's because your AxeFx III firmware is outdated. Update it (drop the firmware zip file on the AxeFx III icon it's simpler than anything else)
Or you're trying to load a cab file or cab bank, which must be done this way : drop on the harddisk icon, save as (convert to III) then load cabs with fractal bot or AxeIIIEdit

Yes..that was it...I knew it was user error..Many thanks

Heya @AlGrenadine, maybe there's already a way to do this, that I'm overlooking, but I've been wondering if would it be possible to add a feature to the Batch setter utility's "Replace block" function to allow removal of a block from a bunch of presets? Thinking maybe just a "None" option under the "Replace with" popover widget, and then maybe add a "Shunt" option as well? Apologies if this has been asked before and/or there's already a technical reason it's not possible. Thanks!

Heya @AlGrenadine, maybe there's already a way to do this, that I'm overlooking, but I've been wondering if would it be possible to add a feature to the Batch setter utility's "Replace block" function to allow removal of a block from a bunch of presets? Thinking maybe just a "None" option under the "Replace with" popover widget, and then maybe add a "Shunt" option as well? Apologies if this has been asked before and/or there's already a technical reason it's not possible. Thanks!
Hi
Good idea, will do :)

Back
Top Bottom