FRACTAL WORLDWIDE is at it again on Ebay with an AXEFX 2 !!! $3,999

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guys problem is that he's misleading others, giving the impression that he's affiliated with FAS.

Anybody who has a problem with people selling units on ebay has a problem with the free market. Capitalism isn't moral, remember.

Version 11 firmware?? I taught it started at 1 again for the new Axe. If you buy off ebay does it void the warranty?

The Guy is a scumbag

get real. so what?! he bought a unit and he's now selling it. he is trying to make a profit, again so what?! the only legitimate issue is that he is using Fractal images which i realistically doubt is keeping cliff up at night. i bought my ultra over ebay and i had no warranty and no regrets. if someone is prepared to pay $4000 then good luck to them, it's their prerogative and not your business. in australia we were having to pay $3300 to get an ultra last year... by that comparison it is not that bad a deal, especially if you are not in america and no units are being shipped OS as of yet. Would i pay it? no. but that is my prerogative.... you ppl have too much time on your hands. play your guitars more.

While I supported the other guy selling his II on ebay (since the seller wasn't exploiting FA's name), this is just pure f*cking ridiculous. Using Fractal's name and "goodwill" to blatantly cashing in like this.

Whether or not anyone accepts it, we're all a part of this mess too. Its us who've made it the "I must have it or I can never strum another string again" situation. I have an equal share in that fever and maybe if I hadn't gotten the Ultra, I'd still be dying for one and paranoid. Actually, I still want a II pretty bad and will try to raise funds and eventually buy one next year or something. It is also the manufacturer's share in the creation of this situation. They are justified though. Who doesn't want their business to prosper & for their product to sell extremely well? If I were Cliff, I'd want the same. Unfortunately, the prodcution scale and speed on this thing fails to catch up with the demand which is ever growing. Maybe enough units should've been manufactured to handle the expected demand before marketing it so there would be less availability issues at the time of release. If the production & supply was well thought out, FA would have definite answers to people which would result in less complains and frustration. FA would have had a proper release schedule and numbers of units for different groups of customers (Waiting list, Online Store, Artists & Distributors). To make matters worse, all sorts of information was given out by the over zealous distributor regarding the number of units, their allocation and when they'll be available. To which reply was "There will be plenty of units available...chillax". Everyone was cool after that until the thing actually came out and those "plenty" of units are a myth now.

Starting a waiting list was supposedly a cool idea. It would have been fruitful if production & availability time frame was calculated properly and the people on the waiting list were given a definite date by which the waiting list would start getting served. I say a definite date because "the week of...." and "the month of...." leave people guessing endlessly. Its only a matter of time before same frustration starts to plague the people on waiting list. There will be another wave of "indignant whiners" clamoring for their turn. There are many question marks.

From the posts Ive read, people on the waiting list do not feel very confident about receiving a unit anytime soon. Like I said in one of my earlier posts, the ambiguity & unpleasent events surrounding have made people too skeptical. No matter how much FA tries to better the process, people will complain about one thing or the other. Which is both wrong and justified. Wrong because there are other factors at work here which we're not aware of and which limit FA from producing a bizillion units a day. Justified because the planning wasn't so well thought out ground up and people who are spending $2200 (or $2600 or more) on a product have entitlement to whine, no matter if anyone likes it or not.

Please do not consider this complaining, Ive bought an Ultra and I'm at peace now and I will eventually buy a II aswell. Fractal makes amazing products but waiting for them to be available is not exactly a joyride. This post is about just how the things went and my analysis from a consumer perspective.

Last edited:
While I supported the other guy selling his II on ebay (since the seller wasn't exploiting FA's name), this is just pure f*cking ridiculous. Using Fractal's name and "goodwill" to blatantly cashing in like this.

Whether or not anyone accepts it, we're all a part of this mess too. Its us who've made it the "I must have it or I can never strum another string again" situation. I have an equal share in that fever and maybe if I hadn't gotten the Ultra, I'd still be dying for one and paranoid. Actually, I still want a II pretty bad and will try to raise funds and eventually buy one next year or something. It is also the manufacturer's share in the creation of this situation. They are justified though. Who doesn't want their business to prosper & for their product to sell extremely well? If I were Cliff, I'd want the same. Unfortunately, the prodcution scale and speed on this thing fails to catch up with the demand which is ever growing. Maybe enough units should've been manufactured to handle the expected demand before marketing it so there would be less availability issues at the time of release. If the production & supply was well thought out, FA would have definite answers to people which would result in less complains and frustration. FA would have had a proper release schedule and numbers of units for different groups of customers (Waiting list, Online Store, Artists & Distributors). To make matters worse, all sorts of information was given out by the over zealous distributor regarding the number of units, their allocation and when they'll be available. To which reply was "There will be plenty of units available...chillax". Everyone was cool after that until the thing actually came out and those "plenty" of units are a myth now.

Starting a waiting list was supposedly a cool idea. It would have been fruitful if production & availability time frame was calculated properly and the people on the waiting list were given a definite date by which the waiting list would start getting served. I say a definite date because "the week of...." and "the month of...." leave people guessing endlessly. Its only a matter of time before same frustration starts to plague the people on waiting list. There will be another wave of "indignant whiners" clamoring for their turn. There are many question marks.

From the posts Ive read, people on the waiting list do not feel very confident about receiving a unit anytime soon. Like I said in one of my earlier posts, the ambiguity & unpleasent events surrounding have made people too skeptical. No matter how much FA tries to better the process, people will complain about one thing or the other. Which is both wrong and justified. Wrong because there are other factors at work here which we're not aware of and which limit FA from producing a bizillion units a day. Justified because the planning wasn't so well thought out ground up and people who are spending $2200 (or $2600 or more) on a product have entitlement to whine, no matter if anyone likes it or not.

Please do not consider this complaining, Ive bought an Ultra and I'm at peace now and I will eventually buy a II aswell. Fractal makes amazing products but waiting for them to be available is not exactly a joyride. This post is about just how the things went and my analysis from a consumer perspective.

You read my mind.

You read my mind.

I literally had nothing to do at work except discuss world politics with my boss in first half of the day and reading your mind in the second half. Plus I had some extra spicy food for lunch, I hear that helps with telepathy ;)

Last edited:
What? I don't see the problem. About 1000 lines down in 6pt font amongst a wall of text he clearly states he isn't affiliated with Fractal Audio. ;)

Cliff can also file a complaint with ebay for copywrite infringement since he ripped the graphic from the web site. This will get his auction closed immediately and a warning from eBay. If he does it three times, eBay will suspend him. It's wildly abused and broken, but ebay prohibits stealing other people's ads and images from other auctions or from the Internet.

I used to sell guitar parts and i used this against resellers (not individuals) stealing photos from my ads that I took.

Last edited:
Search the threads. This is not new to Cliff. He doesn't like it anymore the we do but has done and I'm sure will do what he can with evilbay about it. Let it go... goosfraba...goosfraba...goosfraba...

What? I don't see the problem. About 1000 lines down in 6pt font amongst a wall of text he clearly states he isn't affiliated with Fractal Audio. ;)

Hahaha, yup its like the time my cellphone company totally F'd me over. "Sir, you should have read the fine print on the back!!!"

Idiot is the one who buys it....seriously folks....I'm real happy with my standard.....the AXE FX II isn't gonna change my life or make me an AWESOME SHREDDER more than I am now. I want one and will buy when available....but $4000.....F&^K NO!

yeah its def a bit sketch...I remember ages ago seeing that page and thinking why fractal would have a ebay store selling the stuff internationally for more than the store!!?!?!?!!!

then saw the history .......

While there might be some legitimate trademark confusion here ("INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING - UNIT COMES FROM FRACTAL AUDIO" is highly misleading), I suspect the copyright issues being discussed don't amount to much. A company generally encourages using it's promotional images, and news of legal issues could scare other websites from using them to promote the Axe-Fx II. Furthermore, they're illustrative here, and would very likely qualify as fair use. Using the full text of the company description wouldn't, but again, it's bad PR to go after people for using your official company sales points.

Images and text policy

You're not allowed to use the following if you're not authorized to do so by the owner, its agent, or the law:
Photos and text from other eBay users
Photos and text copied from websites
Scans from catalogs or advertisements

The bottom of the above link takes you to where you can report the issue...

So I think I get what this guy is doing and I bet you will end up seeing several posted by him. Getting around the one per customer. I'm not going to post it but I don't know how Cliff could stop it. Definitely a hole in the process that may need to be addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom