Fractal EV-1, excellent expression pedeal, well done design team

I like the connections all at the toe end. And it's probably pretty close to the width of the mission when you add the plugs on the side. I may have to get one of these now...

I just got mine also. It is huge compared to my Mission & Dunlop pedals. If you have size 16 feet,
then you'll love it.

My Mission pedal is built well, but the pedal adjustment is awful. It's got what looks like a
plastic cable tie pushed up against the treadle. This is supposed to adjust the tension.
I enlarged the slot to allow more tension, but the pedal still falls on its own. So it's basically
useless. I've been using a Dunlop Volume X pedal, which is very nice & easy to adjust.

Very disappointed in the Mission. So I'll be using the Volume X & EV-1 (if the EV-1 fits on the board!)

Why so huge? I'm surprised, the trend (in the analog pedal world) has been toward much smaller mini\micro pedals to save pedalboard real estate.

I have my MFC and a single Mission pedal mounted in a pedalboard case, I think I'd have just enough room for a 2nd Mission but I don't think the EV-1 will fit.

:(

I love the larger footprint. I switched to the FV500's because they have the larger foot print. Also the smaller the pedal the less travel the pedal has through the pot

I like'em big too. I use FV-500, but I'm planning on buying a second EXP pedal...
Is it worth the extra money in comparison to FV-500?

Way nicer than the FV-500, as it doesn't have the dead spot issue. FV-500 is well built, but just doesn't deliver a very good sweep, EV-1 is a worthwhile improvement for not that much more cost over the FV-500 IMO

Way nicer than the FV-500, as it doesn't have the dead spot issue. FV-500 is well built, but just doesn't deliver a very good sweep, EV-1 is a worthwhile improvement for not that much more cost over the FV-500 IMO

Sounds cool.

The I'll need two! Damn, Why I asked hahaha

I use 2 Mission SP1's. One for OUT 1 level (volume control) and the other for general purpose depending on Preset. They are a year old. They now squeak like hell when used! If I have to lubricate them they'll likely flop down instead of holding their position. So I'll wait until the EV-1 is in stock before I lubricate them. If they give me any grief they'll be replaced by EV-1s. *However* - I transport my guitar rig in three pieces; The 3U case with the Axe-Fx & LINE 6 Wireless, the Guitar case, a backpack containing MFC-101, all cables, 2 X Mission SP-1s and my vocal mic. The backpack is freakin' heavy already so I hope that the EV-1s weigh less than the Mission SP-1s.

Why even have a pedal at all and not just a sensor?

Like what, some sort of floor based proximity sensor that can tell how far your foot is from the top of it ? Could be kind of a cool, or at least different, but with a physical pedal you can take your foot off and it stays put. In addition, its a bit of an easier design to manipulate, and you an bare all your weight onto it etc.

I tried one of the EHX pedals that has some sort of rocker type sensor, and it was interesting, but it wasn't as accurate as a normal pedal, and it didn't stay were you left it. I think they were kind of a flop overall

I've talked with people who use the Keith McMillen Soft Step controller, and they generally report that it's pretty difficult to make use of all the multi-axis controls on each pad, and that there isn't enough travel or resistance to make fine adjustments. Those are very flexible and powerful MIDI controllers, but I think there is definitely a minimum size for a pedal to be really effectively useful on stage. I'm 5'6" (shut up. I'm not short. I'm FUN SIZE!) and I find the Mission controllers to be pretty useful; they're the size of a standard Crybaby wah. The down side to the Mission controllers has been noted by several forum users: they tend to flop down to the toe-down position, even if you adjust the nylon friction loop inside them.

The new EV-1 pedals are MUCH easier to control when standing on one foot, and they have enough travel to be useful for fine adjustments. I've experimented with some alternative continuous controllers like the Hot Hand, and ribbon / field sensors. For me, the "gas pedal" type controller is more intuitive, and a bit of physical resistance plus longer throw makes it much easier to walk up and put my foot on the pedal to make an adjustment without those dreaded "I barely touched it and it maxed out my volume" incidents.

I have one and absolutely love it. If it had a spring loaded Option Id definitely be using it for wah as well. But for now just volume and delay changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally bit.

Really looking forward to having the ev-1s, a spring-loaded Mission, and a mini expression (single pot type) on a Pedal Train pro.

Now to spend time in MFC-edit...

Back
Top Bottom