Fractal Devices are Incompatible with Each Other

Correct. I use a HOSA Stereo to dual mono Y-Cable... It's the same "insert" type cable that I use to attach two external footswitches to the MFC-101.

You are welcome to develop a better product. It's a free market.
Presets for AxeFX cannot be imported to Ax8 and vice versa. This make the Ax8 virtually unusable for me, as I am unable to demo the sounds on my AxeFX first.

I cannot demo sounds on the Ax8 because there is no headphone jack. In order to do any editing on the AX8, I have to bring my computer to the rehearsal space. But I am already carrying too much stuff as it is. There's no desk at the rehearsal studio, and really, I don't want one. I want to go there to rehearse only. I can edit sounds at home in AxeFX, but cannot import those sounds to my Ax8.

man you need to do some research about converting axefx to ax8 and viceversa,also make your presets in the unit you are going to use because axefx and ax8 sometimes cant share the same effects like quadchorus or tone match.

for using headphones with the AX8 this is a great device M-Audio Bass Traveler,just need to buy a Stereo to dual mono Y-Cable,and its sound pretty good.

This is not an AX8 problem, its you that have not taken the time to read the manual and resources to learn how to edit anything with in the AX8 regardless of a computer.
Where does the manual show how to import AX8 presets into Axe-FX?

Presets for AxeFX cannot be imported to Ax8 and vice versa. This make the Ax8 virtually unusable for me, as I am unable to demo the sounds on my AxeFX first.

I cannot demo sounds on the Ax8 because there is no headphone jack. In order to do any editing on the AX8, I have to bring my computer to the rehearsal space. But I am already carrying too much stuff as it is. There's no desk at the rehearsal studio, and really, I don't want one. I want to go there to rehearse only. I can edit sounds at home in AxeFX, but cannot import those sounds to my Ax8.

Did anyone ever tell you that the units were 100% compattible before you bought your AX8?
I find it hard to see how you could have missed this if you read just a little bit on this or other forums.
And for the 99% of your presets that actually ARE transferable, fractool does a pretty darn good job.

OK. So you guys like it that the products are uh, not compatible :). So why get mad and be defensive about it? I mean why not just be like “yeah we like it this way“ :) I mean, you can be mad if that’s what you want to do.

OK. So you guys like it that the products are uh, not compatible :). So why get mad and be defensive about it? I mean why not just be like “yeah we like it this way“ :) I mean, you can be mad if that’s what you want to do.

Simply because it is not true. The units are 99.9% compatible if you use the right tool.
No, I do not care enough to be mad, just stating the facts.

Back
Top Bottom