Fractal Devices are Incompatible with Each Other

APE

Inspired
Presets for AxeFX cannot be imported to Ax8 and vice versa. This make the Ax8 virtually unusable for me, as I am unable to demo the sounds on my AxeFX first.

I cannot demo sounds on the Ax8 because there is no headphone jack. In order to do any editing on the AX8, I have to bring my computer to the rehearsal space. But I am already carrying too much stuff as it is. There's no desk at the rehearsal studio, and really, I don't want one. I want to go there to rehearse only. I can edit sounds at home in AxeFX, but cannot import those sounds to my Ax8.

You could just use your AX8 at home. I have two XLR cables and a USB cable ready to go below my desk at all times.

A headphone jack on the AX8 would be great. I wish the AX8 had one. But for me, dialing in tones with headphones only has been a fail every time I've tried it. These just don't translate well to speakers for me.

IMO, spending some time to learn the AX8 will resolve virtually every concern listed in the o.p.

If you don't want to spend the time, I agree, there is a gap there that might become inconvenient.

Presets for AxeFX cannot be imported to Ax8 and vice versa. This make the Ax8 virtually unusable for me, as I am unable to demo the sounds on my AxeFX first.

Two different products with two different feature sets. The AX8 is not an AxeFX. Block definitions can be shared between units (AxeII, AX8, FX8), but not presets.

I cannot demo sounds on the Ax8 because there is no headphone jack.

I feel your pain. A definite oversight in the design, IMO. But we've beat that topic to death already

In order to do any editing on the AX8, I have to bring my computer to the rehearsal space. But I am already carrying too much stuff as it is. There's no desk at the rehearsal studio, and really, I don't want one. I want to go there to rehearse only. I can edit sounds at home in AxeFX, but cannot import those sounds to my Ax8.

I make presets at home and make small tweaks at rehearsal. Learn to use the UI. For simple edits, it's really not that bad. You don't need a computer to make edits if you take the time to learn how to use your gear.

Last edited:
headphones sound like crap on the Axe FX to me. I use a person headphone amp from Behringer with my Ax8 and for the limited use I have for it I am much happier. Yes it is an extra component but I always have it in my accessory bag

I cannot demo sounds on the Ax8 because there is no headphone jack. In order to do any editing on the AX8, I have to bring my computer to the rehearsal space. But I am already carrying too much stuff as it is. There's no desk at the rehearsal studio, and really, I don't want one. I want to go there to rehearse only. I can edit sounds at home in AxeFX, but cannot import those sounds to my Ax8.
See Fracpad for editing from your phone or tablet.
FracTool for easy conversion

Copy one of your presets to a blank slot. Now use that copy preset to edit/learn how to tweak via the UI. Easy way to learn without losing any valuable information on the actual go-to preset. Once you get familiar with navigating within the UI adjusting at practice will be quick and easy.

Back
Top Bottom