Fractal cancelled my order, and refused to ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking this to the forum is questionable behavior. You'll get a lot of opinions with very little to no insight into the issues. Addressing an email directly to Fractal would have been a better course of action.
Looks like he got a lot of a useful responses including one from Fractal Audio!

The problem isn't that he can't get a system, it's that he doesn't want to pay the local price.

Danny W.
Which local price do you mean, it's not available locally, no local dealers, and in my country they follow strict import and customs regulations no matter what agreements they come with ways to over charge imports... inherited from the English/ UK system, so even trying to buy from Europe or Israel for example will end up with me paying both countries overhead even if part of it refundable, it's a lot of hassle and lots procedures to go through that any merchant would not want to go through to export out. I checked these options... it becomes harder when an item exceeds a couple of thousand dollars and the importer is not a business entity. But importing from USA is different because it's an open market for trade

Your problem is not unique. It happens to all of us that are outside of USA, Europe, or do not have a local dealer.

The solution is VERY SIMPLE: buy from Reverb or Ebay, or find someone with a real address in the US willing to place the order and pay the bill.

FYI: I did pay $3,339 for my Axe-FX III

Last edited:
I know they've had multiple instances of fraud because when I ordered my AX3, the transaction remained pending (on their end, my debit card was already charged $2,257.98) for a day or two and then I received an email asking for a full explanation as to why my billing address and shipping address were different. I live in the US but I had recently moved out of my parents house and had not had the time to change it so my billing address was their house but I was having it shipped to my new place. Luckily, after I responded with my explanation, they shipped right away with no hassle. I know this information doesn't really help but I just wanted to make it clear that they do have justifiable reasons for their established policies and have obviously had to deal with some not so good people and fraud/scams so don't think it's personal and specifically targeted against you.

I had a similar situation. When I ordered my AX8 years ago I was on vacation in Mexico and Fractal refused my order because the shipping address and credit card didn't match the origin IP address of my connection. I emailed them back and we exchanged several messages as they asked me questions, both to protect themselves and to protect me. I completely understood their reasoning and suggested I'd wait until I returned because I wasn't interested in them bending their policy when it was just a matter of time and all the information would line up again. After those messages and reading my responses they felt my answers were straightforward and they approved the purchase.

And, yes, that won't help much except to say they're very careful. They can't afford the state department breathing down their neck for some accidental breach of a law or any of the other weird things that can happen when shipping internationally, besides the issues of fraud.

if your are in my place, would you pay double the price for it?

If that's the going rate for a new one, and I have to have a new one?

Yeah. There isn't another option if you want a brand new unit with warranty.

My dollar is $0.65USD give or take most days. So, most days, I don't buy anything from the US.

If you want to buy used, direct from the seller, your options open up. Some people refuse to buy used - I am not one of them.

Your problem is not unique. It happens to all of us that are outside of USA, Europe, or do not have a local dealer.

The solution is VERY SIMPLE: buy from Reverb or Ebay, or find someone with a real address on the US.

FYI: I did pay $3,339 for my Axe-FX III
I never said it's unique, I know that others may have the same problem, and this would be something reasonable to bring up or share, for hope to better solution for everyone, it's not only the players but Fractal may expand their sales, but of course they are the ones to judge not me, it's their product an business

if your are in my place, would you pay double the price for it?
If I wanted it that badly, yeah probably. Otherwise I'd just get something that's locally distributed. This thread isn't gonna change Fractal's minds. Maybe they'll move into more markets in the future but it's not happening today.

Isn't it about building your business and adding new customers?

It's not this guys fault that he happens to live in a country that doesn't have a dealer.
No, it’s about making intelligent decisions that yield the most profit.

His location is his problem, not Fractal’s.

If I were you, I'd be looking into becoming an authorized regional dealer. Clearly there's an opening in your part of the world.
The AxeFx's are well known all over the planet so pretty much sell themselves, which is why there's often waiting lists for them, and why they command good re-sale value.

Obviously I have no idea whether or not this would even be viable. but I'd be at least checking it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom