Fractal cancelled my order, and refused to ship

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Aly

First of all, I'm new here so excuse me if I'm posting in the wrong section.
Today I placed an order with fractal ID #108716, and it was rejected by fractal sales because I'm shipping to a mail forwarder address.
In my country there is no Fractal dealer. I tried to understand what is the problem and they told me they had fraud happening at mail forwarder addresses and they have security policy.
I really don't understand ... I think the risk is on my side not theirs since they have a chance to take their time until the payment is fully settled and then ship.
I used PayPal , which I always use to shop from overseas with verified addresses. I even offered Fractal sales to wire the funds directly into their bank account, but they refused due to security policies..!
And they suggest that I refer to a friend/relative in USA to buy it for me, excuse me but this is a very strict requirement..!

I respect whatever policies you have but, now I can't or I'm not entitled to buy an AxeFx due to these policies .....!

Today I placed an order with fractal ID #108716, and it was rejected by fractal sales because I'm shipping to a mail forwarder address.
In my country there is no Fractal dealer. I tried to understand what is the problem and they told me they had fraud happening at mail forwarder addresses and they have security policy.
I really don't understand ... I think the risk is on my side not theirs since they have a chance to take their time until the payment is fully settled and then ship.
I used PayPal , which I always use to shop from overseas with verified addresses. I even offered Fractal sales to wire the funds directly into their bank account, but they refused due to security policies..!
And they suggest that I refer to a friend/relative in USA to buy it for me, excuse me but this is a very strict requirement..!

I respect whatever policies you have but, now I can't or I'm not entitled to buy an AxeFx due to these policies .....!

Can you purchase via eBay?

Reactions: JTI

The fraud occurs via chargebacks -- the receiver claims they never get the unit, the charges are reversed by the payment company because they're generally pro-buyer. And now Fractal it out a unit and the money for it. Forwarding companies remove the transparency from the process as Fractal doesn't control the door-to-door delivery anymore.

Last edited:
The fraud occurs via chargebacks -- the receiver claims they never get it the unit, the charges are reversed by the payment company because they're generally pro-buyer. And now Fractal it out a unit and the money for it. Forwarding companies remove the transparency from the process as Fractal doesn't control the door-to-door delivery anymore.
I offered direct wire transfer to Fractal, still not possible

Those are also massively inconvenient for them to deal with as a business.
This is really disappointing and disheartening, there is no way for me to get a unit unless used, or re-sale, and out there in the open market they take advantage of buyers, I always wondered why it's overpriced on eBay, if available..!

Where you from?

What country are you in? Perhaps one of the international dealers is willing to ship to you. The main Fractal store is for US and Canada customers only.

What country are you in? Perhaps one of the international dealers is willing to ship to you. The main Fractal store is for US and Canada customers only.
Egypt, shipping from other countries i will incur their tax and import, export fees. I have a forwarder in USA that handles most of my orders safely door to door, insured

I don’t understand why people think a company owes it to them to deal with markets they are not in. It is a logistical nightmare to address warranty issues unless you are in a market they have a presence.

You can always go to Boston on vacation and drive up to purchase in person, assuming the unit would even function on your electrical grid.

The first obvious question: why can't Fractal arrange delivery direct to you? They/you could use somebody like DHL, Fedex, etc, where they can track the shipment to your door. Yes, you may have to pay import duties etc, but that's the nature of buying from overseas (same here in Australia, even buying from Amazon). And that's your problem, not Fractal's. Using a forwarding service is really just trying to avoid paying the import duties.

Could you get it delivered to somebody in the USA, who could then forward it to your forwarding service?

But just be aware of the different power supply issues.

I don’t understand why people think a company owes it to them to deal with markets they are not in. It is a logistical nightmare to address warranty issues unless you are in a market they have a presence.

You can always go to Boston on vacation and drive up to purchase in person, assuming the unit would even function on your electrical grid.
yes, my power grid supports it. And in the current age of tech and globalization everything is possible, I bought from many countries in different regions of the world, USA, Dubai, Italy, France, Germany, Austria, Latvia, Japan, China, Australia. Does not matter the origin of the product and of course in case if no local dealers are available.

The first obvious question: why can't Fractal arrange delivery direct to you? They/you could use somebody like DHL, Fedex, etc, where they can track the shipment to your door. Yes, you may have to pay import duties etc, but that's the nature of buying from overseas (same here in Australia, even buying from Amazon). And that's your problem, not Fractal's. Using a forwarding service is really just trying to avoid paying the import duties.

Could you get it delivered to somebody in the USA, who could then forward it to your forwarding service?

But just be aware of the different power supply issues.
No I still pay import fees, can't avoid those by having forwarder, goods have to be cleared from customs any ways

I don't understand why people always assume the worst when there was no indication of that at all. This guy is saying he's more than willing to incur all the costs to get the unit. Hell, I finally had the money to buy mine and it was a holiday, THAT bummed me out. I couldn't imagine being in a spot where I actually had the money to buy a unit but couldn't get my hands on it due to circumstances I have no control over.

The internet is pretty awesome and a lot of good things can be done with it, so why don't we try to figure out a way for this dude to get his hands on a piece of gear we all love?

No I still pay import fees, can't avoid those by having forwarder, goods have to be cleared from customs any ways

Is there a way to send the forwarder the money to have him purchase the unit? I don't want to assume the situation you have too much, but if you can trust him to ship the physical unit to you, surely you could trust them to make the purchase? I just don't know how that would work out with the warranty.

I don't understand why people always assume the worst when there was no indication of that at all. This guy is saying he's more than willing to incur all the costs to get the unit. Hell, I finally had the money to buy mine and it was a holiday, THAT bummed me out. I couldn't imagine being in a spot where I actually had the money to buy a unit but couldn't get my hands on it due to circumstances I have no control over.

The internet is pretty awesome and a lot of good things can be done with it, so why don't we try to figure out a way for this dude to get his hands on a piece of gear we all love?
May I suggest you serve as the middle man then?

May I suggest you serve as the middle man then?

If something could be worked out where everyone were covered in the event of a lost unit, sure. Seems he already has a middle man though, so I'm not sure how useful I'd be.

This is really disappointing and disheartening, there is no way for me to get a unit unless used, or re-sale, and out there in the open market they take advantage of buyers, I always wondered why it's overpriced on eBay, if available..!
I just want to be clear I DO NOT SPEAK FOR FRACTAL AUDIO.

But I'm in FinTech and have some understanding of how fraud occurs in the payments space. So I understand their pain and issues.

But please don't take me saying things as a response from Fractal Audio. I'm just offering likely, plausible explanations for things.

All that being said: if you ever wondered why there's a strong secondary market for Fractal gear on places like eBay this is a good explanation for why. People are willing to deal with the shipping risk if someone is willing to pay substantially more for a unit on the secondary market. In a way, this is exactly how we want free markets to work, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom