Fractal-Bot crashes updating Axe FX XL+ to 9.02

javimm

Hi.
I'm trying to update my Axe FX XL+ to the latest 9.02 firmware. I have downloaded the firmware from the offcial thread and proceeded like I've always done to perform a firmware update:
- Unzip the contents
- Open Fractal-Bot, I select my device under "1 Ready". It gets detected, all three green checks.
- On "2 Set" I select the firmware file I have unzipped.
- After clicking the Begin button on "3 GO!", it says "Transferring sysex" and crashes immediately.

I've used Fractal-Bot several times to update the Axe and no problems until today.
Axe Edit communicates fine with the Axe. I can edit patches, save, etc.
I've tried rebooting both the Axe and my computer. Same results.

Any ideas?
Thank you very much.

EDITED TO ADD: Reinstalling Fractal-Bot doesn't solve the problem.

Last edited:
Happened to me too, I reloaded 9.01 just to see if it was Fractal bot or the FW and 9.01 loaded fine then tried 9.02 again just for fun and it took.
It did crash it about 6-7 times thru 2 different download & unzip attempts.
So I did manage to get 9.02 loaded, but only after installing 9.01 on top of 9.01 again and immediately trying 9.02. And for some reason it installed that time, same exact file that crashed it several times just prior, same PC Boot.
I’m using an XLII+

Last edited:
Happened to me too, I reloaded 9.01 just to see if it was Fractal bot or the FW and 9.01 loaded fine then tried 9.02 again just for fun and it took.
It did crash it about 6-7 times thru 2 different download & unzip attempts.
So I did manage to get 9.02 loaded, but only after installing 9.01 on top of 9.01 again and immediately trying 9.02. And for some reason it installed that time, same exact file that crashed it several times just prior, same PC Boot.
I’m using an XLII+
Thank you very much!!. This worked!.
I reinstalled 9.01 and after rebooting the Axe FX without closing Fractal-Bot, I selected 9.02 and it installed.
Cheers!

Thank you very much!!. This worked!.
I reinstalled 9.01 and after rebooting the Axe FX without closing Fractal-Bot, I selected 9.02 and it installed.
Cheers!
Yes, I forgot to add that, I did reboot AxeFX after the re-9.01-install. As I think you have to.

FractalBot was crashing on me, as well. Even though I received an error with the transmission when attempting to re-install 9.01, I was able to install 9.02 on my next attempt.

Same here , Fractalbot crashed as soon as I hit transfer button. Reinstaled 9.01 reboot, 9.02 loaded fine!

Back
Top Bottom