Fractal Audio Price Increases

Still, Fractal give exceptional value considering the consistency of updates and how your products have pretty much destroyed my GAS for anything else - Still amazes me that all the work that went into Cygnus getting to my III, and heading towards my FM3 at some point, is a free update

Thanks a lot. I share this thought but it is great to have it be reinforced.

I’m sure this was a tough decision for FAS, but despite the price increases the AxeFx and FM3 are still outstanding values for the money!

I’d much rather see an increase in price than a compromise is quality. It’s still a bargain for what the Axe Fx provides, and the unparalleled customer service/added value after the sale.

Thanks for letting us know in FAS’ normal, up front manner.

I've always thought FAS lists their hardware for well under what it's worth.

To those looking to buy:
For the firmware updates alone - it's worth it.
For the current amps/cabs/effects/features - it's worth it.
For the community - it's worth it.
For the support - it's worth it.

This from a FAS owner of over 10 years.

Edit: I'd like to add, that if the AxeFX 3 WAS $3k, and I could afford it, I'd buy it all over again, zero regrets.

Last edited:
Worth every nickel.

in March I ordered a a single JBL PRX812 monitor for $649 for PA use. Yesterday I ordered the exact same thing from the same place, and it now costs $799, plus now three week delay instead of ship tomorrow.

Marketplace Inflation rise probably coming too, along with various shortages and supply chain disruptions. If you want some electronic music gear, get it now.

All,

Due to the global semiconductor shortage and the resulting increased costs of manufacturing, plus increases to the costs of shipping and logistics, we are left with no choice but to increase the prices of the Axe-Fx III and FM3, effective immediately.

The Axe-Fx III is now $2299.99 and the FM3 is now $1099.99. We trust you will agree that these products still deliver incredible value, and remain backed by the same total commitment to quality and service that we have always delivered.

Sincerely,

Fractal Audio Systems
And I was thinking about ordering a III + FC6 this morning, as the Canadian dollar is up, but then I saw this... That's timing for ya lol...

I work in structured cabling and fiber optics (for what is pretty much the world leader in these products). Sitting on a Town Hall right now discussing the shortage of semiconductors, and the price increase of copper, resins, and ocean shipping as well as the crazy lead times, which are up to 6 months. We are increasing all of our pricing rather dramatically, which is having a huge impact on construction projects.

But I'll say that $2299 for the AXE III is still a serious bargain. Best value in the whole musical instrument world in my opinion.

This is definitely NOT Fractal profiteering here. It wasn't that long ago they announced a price DECREASE due to lower manufacturing costs, "Party like it's $1999, because it is!". Bought mine shortly after that.

Still a great value and still much cheaper than when I purchased back in March of 2018 for $2499!
^^ Me too. And it is worth every penny I paid. I spent that much on a single amp more than once in my life. The AxeFX III has replaced all of my tube amps, and all but one of my pedals. I still have a Digitech Freqout, because it's just too cool, and I haven't been able to dial that effect into the AxeFX yet :)

And I was thinking about ordering a III + FC6 this morning, as the Canadian dollar is up, but then I saw this... That's timing for ya lol...
I feel your timing pain… I was hoping for a Mother’s Day sale. 😂 It’s understood though.

This is the worst I've ever seen the industry in my nearly 40 years of doing this. Even worse than 2001 and 2008.
Do you view this as a temporary issue that will ease after some time as the ripple effects of the pandemic smooth out? Or is it here to stay? I'm curious to hear your opinion being on the manufacturing end of things. You see a side that the rest of us don't.

Cliff, Matt and the Gang - Prices have always seemed extremely fair to me. "You get what you pay" for certainly applies here.......................
I have NO doubt.

This is definitely NOT Fractal profiteering here. It wasn't that long ago they announced a price DECREASE due to lower manufacturing costs, "Party like it's $1999, because it is!". Bought mine shortly after that.
Just to be clear, I didn't mean to imply that people should only buy at that price, not at all, I'm just happy I was able to, and I appreciate how open Fractal. Is about all this.

And whether I could afford one at any given price or not, these products are an amazing value, transformative.

Back
Top Bottom