Fractal Audio Axe-FX II - 10.0 Beta Clip

Nice playing Scott!!!, and when you turn down you can really hear the detail in the tone of your guitar and the Axe amp and speaker sound. Very impressive.

I can't tell if it is the way you and Cliff have dialed in the presets for the v10 examples, but they all sound more "chewy" (in a great way!!) if you get my meaning.

I'm not sure what chewy means in terms of tone. What does that mean?

As an aside (or maybe related who knows), this clip (correct me if I'm wrong) is recorded through USB but I believe he's sitting in front of a speaker which is causing the guitar to resonate (listen to the awesome ring ~2minutes in). I think Cliff is also recording in front of his 4x12 (well playing through half of it) or at least I that's what I thought I was hearing due to the way some of the chords ring out.

I can't even start to say how impressed I am with this beta.

So I won't. (Hint: I am).

A little ride with my Bogner XTC Blue/Red preset from the 10.00 Beta on the Axe-FX II - Bogner XTC Blue and Red. Recorded direct via USB, no post processing. Everything raw from the AFXII. Guitar is my James Tyler USA Variax JTV59. Pickups are Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB.

The Clams are free. ;-) (Just keeping it real). LOL.

Sounds simply incredible! How do you like your JTV?

Wow, I'm a new Axe user and I feel guilty lusting after v10 while I'm still high on v9. But WOW, that sounds incredible. Scott, was that your pickups in that USA or were you on a model?

Wow, I'm a new Axe user and I feel guilty lusting after v10 while I'm still high on v9. But WOW, that sounds incredible. Scott, was that your pickups in that USA or were you on a model?

Those are the magnetic pickups; I put them in that guitar - just a run of the mill Jazz/JB set from Seymour Duncan.

That's Great Scott! Sounds awesome,actually Incredible! In hope we can get a public beta soon ,i'm overwhelmed by what I've heard so far of V10! Thanks for your sharing, and all you give to the community!!

So in your clips you are recording with headphones on? That's good to know. I thought I was hearing more sustain in your clips due to the speaker causing your guitar to resonate. When you do the a/b comparison with the real amps, are you using an iso box for the cab or are you in front of the real cab during the recording? I'm just curious as I mostly use headphones while recording but really like the resonance achieved when sitting in front of a speaker.

I pretty much do that... if you add in the JCM800 too. :) (*Though I do prefer the 1987X as my go-to Plexi tone).

But at the same time, man... wait till you hear the Friedman HB and HBE... dang!!!!!!!!

I was figuring the two Friedman's with MIMIC would be nuts... and the Hiwatt with MIMIC too.

Back
Top Bottom