Fractal Audio Axe-FX II - 10.0 Beta Clip

Scott Peterson

Global Moderator
Vendor
I can't even start to say how impressed I am with this beta.

So I won't. (Hint: I am).

A little ride with my Bogner XTC Blue/Red preset from the 10.00 Beta on the Axe-FX II - Bogner XTC Blue and Red. Recorded direct via USB, no post processing. Everything raw from the AFXII. Guitar is my James Tyler USA Variax JTV59. Pickups are Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB.

The Clams are free. ;-) (Just keeping it real). LOL.

FLAC download available from Soundcloud - just click through. Play it LOUD!

Really cool stuff Scott. To me it seems like there is more definition. When you would leave spaces in your playing, you could hear the amp stop and the reverb just sit in there just beautifully. I'm not sure if what I said make sense, but it does to me. I can't wait.

to me it sounds as if there is more teeth and grain in the top, kind of like more hair but not only in a gain-way - in a good way :)

Last edited:
That's a great rock riff/rhythm sound. A guitarist could happily rule certain parts of the world with those sounds. I'm very psyched to get 10. It sounds like another leap into sound quality I didn't even realize I was missing.

Scott,

Does that include the new AC power supply feature of the power amp modelling?

Loved the post and tone too... rock on!

Scott,

Does that include the new AC power supply feature of the power amp modelling?

Loved the post and tone too... rock on!

Yes.

tapedshut.gif

Sounds VERY clean! The pick attack sounds really good too. I'm really excited to try 10 out with some of my patches! Thanks for sharing Scott!

I can't tell if it is the way you and Cliff have dialed in the presets for the v10 examples, but they all sound more "chewy" (in a great way!!) if you get my meaning.

Do you agree and if so, is that some of what v10 brings to the table?

I can't tell if it is the way you and Cliff have dialed in the presets for the v10 examples, but they all sound more "chewy" (in a great way!!) if you get my meaning.

Do you agree and if so, is that some of what v10 brings to the table?

Some of it - yes. There's a LOT going on under the hood with this - far beyond anything hinted at thus far. This wasn't even dialed in beyond my existing preset; just updated the firmware, swapped out the amp type and back... boom. Everything is essentially how I had it set. Some change was needed on the Master Volume; all advanced parameters at default. The XTC in the Axe-FX II v.10 is better head-to-head versus my reference recordings of me on my own Ecstasy Classic that I use a reference check. No BS.

Chewy, articulate, 'plosive', kerrang, ring. It's deeply fun. Insanely easy and fun to mess around with varying the smallest details - everything holds together. Listen to the FLAC download and note that it perhaps offers only a slight hint at how it feels and sounds in the room... man. Whew!:)

Back
Top Bottom