1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Fractal Audio AMP models: Thordendal (pre-G3 Recto models)

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Discussion' started by yek, May 28, 2016.

1. #1 yek, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    yek

yek
    Expand Collapse

* EDIT: Up-to-date information is available in Yek's Guide to the Fractal Audio Amplifier Models *

[​IMG]

THORDENDAL: Fractal Audio's Recto models before they were G3’d.

Fredrik Thordendal is the guitar player of the metal band Meshuggah. Not only known for djent-style metal, but he’s also an accomplished fusion-type lead player.

Originally the Fractal Audio’s Thordendal models were custom virtual-only models, based on Thordendal’s own specifications.

Then this happened, according to Cliff:

"The old Recto models weren't terribly accurate. When G3 came out the models were accurate but Fredrik contacted me and said something like "ahhhhh, I loved the old Recto model". So I took the old Recto models and made them "Thordendal" models."​

So there you have it, the Thordendal models are Recto models (Modern and Vintage modes) from the pre-G3 era.

For more information on the Dual Rectifier and the modeled versions, check this thread.

Here are some clips of Thordendal playing the Axe-Fx II:

2. soheil

soheil
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Didn't know about that. thanks.

3. mnemonic

mnemonic
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

I would assume they are also based off the 3-channel models from back in the day, as there is a gear rundown video out there, and they were using the 'Recto New' or 'Recto 2' model (I forget which but I think these are of the same amp, there may have been videos of their Ultra patches as well).

4. Guitarjon

Guitarjon
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Interesting amps for sure.
    I remember them sounding a bit off but I seem to recall Cliff making some changes to them too so I'll have to try them out again soon.

5. thegrizman

thegrizman
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

One of my favorite patches in Austinbuddy amp pack.