Fractal Audio AMP models: Das Metall and Dizzy V4 (Diezel VH4)

So a question regarding this amp. In reading and watching YT vids from Peter Diezel, it states that the Deep is centered at 95Hz and the presence is around 4.5K, but when I look in the power amp section in the Axe FX it shows the depth freq being set to 250 and presence frequency to 1. Is this correct?

Having some buzzing issues with the V4 Silver channel 4 on my AX8, can anyone else attest to this on either the AX8 or the Axe-FX II?

Sorry for resurrecting the old thread - we're on 9.04 an the buzz is still there. What's wrong with the model in AX8? Could it be the normal amp operation and it is responding only to some external conditions / pickups / hardware / etc... ?

I came across this great video with Peter Diezel and Peter Stapfer discussing the amp's development and demo'ing the Silver version:

Perhaps a native German speaker can explain the cow's tail /shelf joke ?! :)

I'm a fan of the Blue Channel 2 model with humbuckers (and Presence cranked, of course :) )

Enjoy!

I’ve been playing around with the Das Metall model recently. Ola Englund did a video tweaking a preset for At The Gates and posted it, so I just downloaded it and made some tweaks for it to match my gear (mainly lowering the gain by a lot).

Really fun amp! I can’t beleive I’ve never really messed with it before.

Yes: the VH4 blue/silver arguably is the single most versatile fractal amp model.

Go get the manual and 20+ suggested real amp settings and check those out on your Fractal. It can go from clean to metal and all points in between.

Last edited:
Hmmm - admittedly, I haven't really delved into the das metal model before. Coincidently, I was looking for a new high gain amp yesterday - I must investigate !!

The Dizzy V4 silver is amazing. Thanks again Fractal for allowing me to experience the glory of an amp I had ignored for years. I've always liked the tone I've heard from people that use these amps but up until a few minutes ago I had no idea how versatile this amp is. This may become the model I use as my goto. I'm loving all the scenes @austinbuddy has dialed in to his preset pack.

The Dizzy V4 silver is amazing. Thanks again Fractal for allowing me to experience the glory of an amp I had ignored for years. I've always liked the tone I've heard from people that use these amps but up until a few minutes ago I had no idea how versatile this amp is. This may become the model I use as my goto. I'm loving all the scenes @austinbuddy has dialed in to his preset pack.
It really is a HUGELY versatile amp. It can do almost anything!

I'll admit that I have actually not tried the Dizzy yet! crazy i know but i tend to stick to my fav amps and get overwhelmed with the 200+ amp selection we have. I just watched a youtube vid yesterday of Tim Pierce showcasing the versatility of the Diezel. I'm gonna play around with it this afternoon after all this time.

I came across this great video with Peter Diezel and Peter Stapfer discussing the amp's development and demo'ing the Silver version:

Perhaps a native German speaker can explain the cow's tail /shelf joke ?! :)

I'm a fan of the Blue Channel 2 model with humbuckers (and Presence cranked, of course :) )

Enjoy!

They are talking about the EQ behavior of the Presence control. That it starts at 2.5 kHz and is open upwards, like a cow's tail or does it look like a shelve? ;) That's what they are debating about, if Peter Diezel is sure, an if it's open than it's a cow's tail. And because they are located in Bavaria the local dialect would be "Kuahschwoanz" :D

I'm wondering if anyone is hearing audio artifacts adjusting the Bass control on these models on 12.08 beta 3? The model sounds good, but the audio artifact on that knob doesn't sound quite right.

I'm wondering if anyone is hearing audio artifacts adjusting the Bass control on these models on 12.08 beta 3? The model sounds good, but the audio artifact on that knob doesn't sound quite right.
Indeed. It stills in 13.00 beta fw. I was tweaking it today and I've realised it as well. Kind of bug?

Back
Top Bottom