FracPad (Lite)

tidalbomb

I'm a new AX8 owner and recently downloaded the lite version of FracPad. I've connected both my iPhone and iPad to it and have a connection, but it looks like a few things are missing. For instance when I go to a Cab block it doesn't have any parameters to adjust there, just a blank screen.

Is this just a limitation of the lite version? Does the full paid version provide all the same editing features of the AX8-Edit?

Love the Fracpad! Highly recommend it. Very easy to use and has amazing features! I use it with iPad and mainly take it to rehearsals if i know, that I want to make some deep editing to my new presets.

Love the Fracpad! Highly recommend it. Very easy to use and has amazing features! I use it with iPad and mainly take it to rehearsals if i know, that I want to make some deep editing to my new presets.

Do you still have a FAS device?

I ordered a new AX8 and it'll arrive next week. When i last had the AX8, I used the Fracpad like I mentioned and will be using it the same way in the future.

Cool! I like your posts, just wondering what brought you back to AX8? Or just gonna keep one of each brand with you?

Cool! I like your posts, just wondering what brought you back to AX8? Or just gonna keep one of each brand with you?

I'm more at home with Fractal units. Loved the Axe FX II when I had it, but the AX8 suits better for my needs, so it has been the best choise after all these modelers i've had. This year has been a grazy train for me switching gear. :D

I had Amplifire (red) rig and Helix LT too, but both have been sold now. Although I reasently build a nice, little Pedaltrain Nano board with Amplifire-box and pedals as my backup rig. I've always liked Atomic/studio Devil stuff and the new Amplifire-box is in its own league with its tiny pedal format.

So from now on I use AX8 as my main tool and Amplifire-box rig as a backup/ultra portable rig.

I'm more at home with Fractal units. Loved the Axe FX II when I had it, but the AX8 suits better for my needs, so it has been the best choise after all these modelers i've had. This year has been a grazy train for me switching gear. :D

I had Amplifire (red) rig and Helix LT too, but both have been sold now. Although I reasently build a nice, little Pedaltrain Nano board with Amplifire-box and pedals as my backup rig. I've always liked Atomic/studio Devil stuff and the new Amplifire-box is in its own league with its tiny pedal format.

So from now on I use AX8 as my main tool and Amplifire-box rig as a backup/ultra portable rig.

I didn't know you'd sold off the Helix, have you made a mention of it on thegearpage? I was the guy who'd asked you about how you tweaked it to sound closer to the AX8, I think you responded that it was mostly cranking the bass up on the amp models. Surprised you're making the switch back after the many demos and giving it high praise, sounded like you preferred it. But that's the way with gear hunting, I should know :D

That's my current rig as well after trying everything, AX8 main, and Ampil-firebox+M9 on a Nano board for when I feel handsy :p

Reactions: DTS
I didn't know you'd sold off the Helix, have you made a mention of it on thegearpage? I was the guy who'd asked you about how you tweaked it to sound closer to the AX8, I think you responded that it was mostly cranking the bass up on the amp models. Surprised you're making the switch back after the many demos and giving it high praise, sounded like you preferred it. But that's the way with gear hunting, I should know :D

That's my current rig as well after trying everything, AX8 main, and Ampil-firebox+M9 on a Nano board for when I feel handsy :p

Yep! I think the Helix is a great unit and it has very nice features. In the end i got the best results using 3band Compressor for my high gain tones. The bass response and somewhat "stiff" OD saturation and early breakup were the main challenges for me. Like i've said before, i was quite happy with it after i learned to tweak it.

After i got the Amplifire-box and compared it to Helix I realized, that I prefered many of the AFB amp tones over the Helix. + AFB low end sounds much more natural to my ears as well. After this I made my decision to sell the Helix and move back to Fractal AX8 as my main tool. My Ampli-Firebox rig can't never be as flexible and feature packed as Helix or AX8. I also love tweaking tones, so there is that too.

It was a great (and grazy) trip going thru these modelers and see, what works for me the best. I think this is the only way to do it. :D

I never said I prefered Helix over AX8. BUT: I've said, that Helix features are closer to Axe-Fx2, than AX8. Which I think the same today too. Also I've said, that all the top modelers of today (Kemper, Amplifire, AX8 and Helix) are all great choises.

Yep! I think the Helix is a great unit and it has very nice features. In the end i got the best results using 3band Compressor for my high gain tones. The bass response and somewhat "stiff" OD saturation and early breakup were the main challenges for me. Like i've said before, i was quite happy with it after i learned to tweak it.

After i got the Amplifire-box and compared it to Helix I realized, that I prefered many of the AFB amp tones over the Helix. + AFB low end sounds much more natural to my ears as well. After this I made my decision to sell the Helix and move back to Fractal AX8 as my main tool. My Ampli-Firebox rig can't never be as flexible and feature packed as Helix or AX8. I also love tweaking tones, so there is that too.

It was a great (and grazy) trip going thru these modelers and see, what works for me the best. I think this is the only way to do it. :D

I never said I prefered Helix over AX8. BUT: I've said, that Helix features are closer to Axe-Fx2, than AX8. Which I think the same today too. Also I've said, that all the top modelers of today (Kemper, Amplifire, AX8 and Helix) are all great choises.

Your AFB made you switch back to AX8? Sounds a little roundabout :D I feel the same way about the breakup of Helix, somewhat stiff and not as complex to me.

Agreed! They're all great, and Helix packs a ton of value in terms of features. I just happen to prefer the sounds I can get from FAS stuff, and usually preferred your AX8 demo clips as well.

Back to topic, I should really try the FracPad, seems it works with iPhones too? That's what I have, gotta try it out!

Your AFB made you switch back to AX8? Sounds a little roundabout :D I feel the same way about the breakup of Helix, somewhat stiff and not as complex to me.

Agreed! They're all great, and Helix packs a ton of value in terms of features. I just happen to prefer the sounds I can get from FAS stuff, and usually preferred your AX8 demo clips as well.

Back to topic, I should really try the FracPad, seems it works with iPhones too? That's what I have, gotta try it out!
Yes, it works on every os ;)
An ios demo version is available, it's called FracPad Lite

Yes, I know. Not what I was asking.
He is speaking in the present tense so he is currently using Fracpad, Fracpad is of no use without a FAS device, 1+1=2: He must have a FAS device.
Seems like an answer to your question. I assumed you could do the math yourself.

Whatever.

He is speaking in the present tense so he is currently using Fracpad, Fracpad is of no use without a FAS device, 1+1=2: He must have a FAS device.
Seems like an answer to your question. I assumed you could do the math yourself.

Whatever.

I know English, and I know FAS products, thanks.

It wasn't an answer to my question, he doesn't have the AX8 presently, read the thread. It's not a big deal man lol

EDIT: Sorry, that came off a little mean. I know the guy from another forum, and knew he didn't presently have a FAS product. So while your answer was well assumed, it didn't apply and wasn't helpful. That's all, thanks though.

Last edited:
Ah. Well. If his use of the present tense is incorrect, then the outcome will be incorrect as well, I'm afraid... Such is the nature of maths...

After your previous answer I calculated you guys probably knew each other. But I couldn't resist explaining the maths... Sorry. I sometimes get that way.

So Fracpad using the lightning to usb adapter then a usb cable into the AX8 works perfectly? I really ran into a roadblock tweaking the unit for a gig. Going to the FOH, I needed to tweak eq, delay levels and time, reverb levels for the PA and the room. Doing it on the AX8 was a disaster. Dont want to lug around a laptop and I use an ipad on the mike stand anyways for chord charts.

Sounds like this is exactly what I need, just want to make sure.

thanks

So Fracpad using the lightning to usb adapter then a usb cable into the AX8 works perfectly? I really ran into a roadblock tweaking the unit for a gig. Going to the FOH, I needed to tweak eq, delay levels and time, reverb levels for the PA and the room. Doing it on the AX8 was a disaster. Dont want to lug around a laptop and I use an ipad on the mike stand anyways for chord charts.

thanks
Yes ;)

thanks

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=FracPad

Back
Top Bottom