Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Good news !

Yamaha Ud/MD utility 1.0.6 is available (back on the appstore) and should fix the MD-BT01 possible bricking !

Sadly, I did the update, but it says Version 1.05 is the most current update, therefore won’t update. I’ve deleted & reinstalled the app, still a brick for me:-/

Sadly, I did the update, but it says Version 1.05 is the most current update, therefore won’t update. I’ve deleted & reinstalled the app, still a brick for me:-/
Do you mean your md-bt01 is bricked?
If yes 1.0.6 won't fix this, you'll have to contact Yamaha

Having an issue with MD-BT01 and my Axe FX II XL. Everything was working great up until a few weeks ago. When I double tap a block to toggle it in FracPad III it doesn't toggle. It will flash the toggle state for a split second but it doesn't actually toggle unless I minimize or double tap the home button or otherwise select the app again, then anything I've toggled will update. It happens on both my iPhone 5 (old phone I know) and my 2015 iPad pro (first gen model:ML0F2LL/A).

Everything else seems to work fine, I can change parameters, scenes, presets, etc. just having issues when using double tap to toggle a block on/off. I loaded FracPad 1.25 on my device and the double-tap toggle works as expected.

FracPad 1.25 version has it's own issues, that's why I paid for the upgrade to FracPad III.

FracPad III worked just fine with my iPad pro last month and now it doesn't. The iTunes store page says it works with Axe Fx II XL.
Can you be clearer ?
Yes FracPad III is compatible with every fasDevice, but what doesn't work ? Just the bypass thing ?
If it worked and doesn't work anymore, ask yourself : What changed since ? Did you try to uninstall and reinstall ? etc...

Can you be clearer ?
Yes FracPad III is compatible with every fasDevice, but what doesn't work ? Just the bypass thing ?
If it worked and doesn't work anymore, ask yourself : What changed since ? Did you try to uninstall and reinstall ? etc...
Just the bypass double-tap toggle. It will toggle but only if I take focus off the app and then return it (minimize/maximize or double tap home to get open apps and click it). I tried to exhaust basic troubleshooting possibilities before I posted here to minimize the probability of wasting your time. I apologize for not being clearer on that.
  • I made sure Axe firmware is up to date (FW version not been updated since May 2018)
  • I upgraded my iPad to the newest iOS version
  • I uninstalled and installed the app multiple times on two different devices.
  • The MD-BT01 firmware is at 1.04.
  • I checked the other midi parameters to ensure they work (change effect parameters, adding blocks, moving blocks, etc.).
  • I have tried with and without MFC101 connected to the Axe to see if the MFC101 was causing a conflict.
    • I have the MFC101 option checked in the settings (one of the reasons I prefer your app is that is plays nicer with MFC101 compared to Axe-Edit).
When I get home for work tonight I will try the desktop app via USB and check the bypass. I was going to try last night but ran out of time and had to go to sleep.

The only thing that has changed is the recent software update. I suppose I could go back to using FracPad 1.25 but that is not ideal.

Just the bypass double-tap toggle. It will toggle but only if I take focus off the app and then return it (minimize/maximize or double tap home to get open apps and click it). I tried to exhaust basic troubleshooting possibilities before I posted here to minimize the probability of wasting your time. I apologize for not being clearer on that.
  • I made sure Axe firmware is up to date (FW version not been updated since May 2018)
  • I upgraded my iPad to the newest iOS version
  • I uninstalled and installed the app multiple times on two different devices.
  • The MD-BT01 firmware is at 1.04.
  • I checked the other midi parameters to ensure they work (change effect parameters, adding blocks, moving blocks, etc.).
  • I have tried with and without MFC101 connected to the Axe to see if the MFC101 was causing a conflict.
    • I have the MFC101 option checked in the settings (one of the reasons I prefer your app is that is plays nicer with MFC101 compared to Axe-Edit).
When I get home for work tonight I will try the desktop app via USB and check the bypass. I was going to try last night but ran out of time and had to go to sleep.

The only thing that has changed is the recent software update. I suppose I could go back to using FracPad 1.25 but that is not ideal.
Ok, that is a nice report :)
I'll try to reproduce, if it's reproducible it's fixable ;)

Hi Al, FYI:
On the Windows Version, the realistic UI is not showing for the Friedmans (e.g.: Friedman BE C45)
Also, it is not possible to select the desired amplifier with the mouse; it always jumps to an amplifier in another column.

Hi Al, FYI:
On the Windows Version, the realistic UI is not showing for the Friedmans (e.g.: Friedman BE C45)
Also, it is not possible to select the desired amplifier with the mouse; it always jumps to an amplifier in another column.
Thanks, fixed in next release :)

I check the settings on FracPad III and there is a "sync bypass" option in the settings that wasn't checked so I checked it and it seems to have fixed my block bypass toggle issue.

Back
Top Bottom