Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
I'm still trying to troubleshoot my iPad mini. For now I don't have the wired adapters so I'm stuck with just wireless for now. Every time I fire up Fracpad it goes through the gathering cab and preset names. Is there anyway to fix this without a wired connection?
Try disabling presets and cabs names polling in options before connecting.
But your firmware definitions are probably corrupted...
FracPad 1.05 is beeing reviewed by Apple, it includes stock q7 definitions

FracPad 1.05 is online :)
Adds a new "mode" button (at the top right) :
- Metronome On/off
- 2d touch mode is now accessible from there
- New big display mode : For live/rehearsals, see the preset name in big letter, the blocks in big. You can also bypass block, switch xy, or edit parameters (long press).

- Handles AX8 F-switches setting
- Q7 compatible
- Displays if an amp is MV or not MV (when hitting the type at the top of parameters)
- New link button in blocks supporting multiple instances. When in link mode, modifying a parameter will set the same value on each instance. Very useful when reamping in stereo with 2 Amp blocks for instance...
- Fixes grid scrolling gesture
- Fixes blocks drag n drop

Android and Windows users will receive the update tomorrow morning ;)

- Metronome On/off
- New big display mode : For live/rehearsals, see the preset name in big letter, the blocks in big. You can also bypass block, switch xy, or edit parameters (long press).

- Q7 compatible
- Displays if an amp is MV or not MV (when hitting the type at the top of parameters)
- New link button in blocks supporting multiple instances. When in link mode, modifying a parameter will set the same value on each instance. Very useful when reamping in stereo with 2 Amp blocks for instance...

Thanks Al.

- Metronome On/off

- Q7 compatible

Is it in the play store?
Personally I had no results finding fracpad..

Hi Al, the app is crash after a few minutes on ,after I upgrade to version 1.05
i'm on ipad 4 ,Alesis Idock2 and mark 2 on quantum beta 7,

Last edited:
You're going to like Big Display mode. It's very handy when working on the fly. There's quick access to bypass and X/Y, and you can dive in and deep-edit if you decide you need to.
I haven't had a chance to check it yet but I can imagine it's going to come in handy. This is basically a live set up to adjust without having to cary a laptop. Since I control my X32 via iPad this app makes so much sense for me.

Hi Al, the app is crash after a few minutes on ,after I upgrade to version 1.05
i'm on ipad 4 ,Alesis Idock2 and mark 2 on quantum beta 7,
Hi,
I'll need more informations on steps to reproduce. Connection used, machine used, things done etc...
Thanks ;)

I haven't had a chance to check it yet but I can imagine it's going to come in handy. This is basically a live set up to adjust without having to cary a laptop. Since I control my X32 via iPad this app makes so much sense for me.
FracPad really shines with an iPad or other tablet. It's still very usable on a phone, but it positively dances on a bigger screen.

Something you may not have noticed : in the BigDisplay mode it's possible to pinch in/out the blocks view in order to change the blocks size

i'm looking for someone that would be available for a recorded live chat where we would talk about FracPad, with screen sharing, answer questions and run thru all FracPad functions. Contact me if interested
1f609.png

I will be the first to admit that I am a complete amateur when it comes to midi, but what I have is an axefx 2, iPad Pro, and an irig midi 2. And for some reason I can't get the fracpad app to recognize that it is connected to an axefx. Any suggestions? I have messed around with some of the midi settings on the Axefx but admittedly it's a little over my head. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this thing looks too cool to not use.

I will be the first to admit that I am a complete amateur when it comes to midi, but what I have is an axefx 2, iPad Pro, and an irig midi 2. And for some reason I can't get the fracpad app to recognize that it is connected to an axefx. Any suggestions? I have messed around with some of the midi settings on the Axefx but admittedly it's a little over my head. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this thing looks too cool to not use.
Do you see the irig in the bottom comboboxes in FracPad? If yes, did you select it? Are you sure the irig is connected to the right input output ports of the axefx?

Thank you Alexandre for the swift update and added features! I left a review in the app store but for some reason can't see it.
Only reviews for latest version are displayed. Maybe Apple checks reviews before publishing...
Anyway thanks a lot for this :)

Back
Top Bottom