Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
My midi ports on my XL are already cluttered with my RAC12 and RJM GT16 on the merge input, is there no option to get FracPad to work with the camera connector kit and a USB cable?
No, it only works if you first connect a PC/Mac (or android with FracPad) first...
The other option is to use a midi merge and a splitter...

It seems yes. But it probably won't work with AxeFx. It should work with AX8 however

So what I'm having a hard time understanding with the UD BT01 is, it has a type A connector. So how would it work the the AX8's Type B usb...?

Last edited:
ANSWER TO THE PRICE CONTROVERSY ON FACEBOOK (Yes i know i said i wouldn't discuss the price but those comments drive me mad) :
- a Cab Pack is at least $30 while it requires 3x less time in building and is 10x simpler to do
- a Preset Pack from some famous forum members is $49
- some sell 1 preset for $15 !!!
- the MFC Edit app is $25, and it's far lot simpler to do
- on the $39.99 Apple charges you, i only get $23 !!! What a steal ! Buy an Android, FracPad is cheaper on it and everything is...
- You buy Apple phones at $800 and say a very specific app made for a very specific need, probably not sold 1000 times at $40 bucks, is high priced... Think again
- I talked with CyberFerret who is the creator of former AxePad app and he said users complained when his AxePad app was $12... Want it for free ? Ask FAS to make one ;)

May i add big ads in the app ?

It's a tough world on social media, try not to let it get to you :( For me at least, I have zero problems paying someone for their hard work, time, and providing a quality product. I imagine most buying this will feel the same way. Keep up the great work.

Edit: Just read through the thread and saw it's in the app store. Just bought it! :)

Last edited:
I love this idea. I've purchased the app but it's not talking so well with the Quicco Sound Mi.1. Is it compatible with this (version of midi over bluetooth)? Can't wait to use it. It's going to make gigs so much easier since I'll already have my iPad for scores.

I love this idea. I've purchased the app but it's not talking so well with the Quicco Sound Mi.1. Is it compatible with this (version of midi over bluetooth)? Can't wait to use it. It's going to make gigs so much easier since I'll already have my iPad for scores.
I don't know this interface . . . It seems the yamaha is working well

ANSWER TO THE PRICE CONTROVERSY ON FACEBOOK (Yes i know i said i wouldn't discuss the price but those comments drive me mad) :
- a Cab Pack is at least $30 while it requires 3x less time in building and is 10x simpler to do
- a Preset Pack from some famous forum members is $49
- some sell 1 preset for $15 !!!
- the MFC Edit app is $25, and it's far lot simpler to do
- on the $39.99 Apple charges you, i only get $23 !!! What a steal ! Buy an Android, FracPad is cheaper on it and everything is...
- You buy Apple phones at $800 and say a very specific app made for a very specific need, probably not sold 1000 times at $40 bucks, is high priced... Think again
- I talked with CyberFerret who is the creator of former AxePad app and he said users complained when his AxePad app was $12... Want it for free ? Ask FAS to make one ;)

May i add big ads in the app ?
Don´t worry about the price. Good product will sell it self and when you deal customer support and updates well, the product will sell even more. As we can see FAS did. Simple as it is. This is an great app!
EDIT: We need more info about that bluetooth connection with yamaha cable and other brands. I think this will be very big step forward, so please update info as soon you get it, cheers!

Last edited:
Figured it out, so you have to use the type B to Type A cable it comes with (standard usb cable) into the UD BT01 and then plug the UD BT01 into a usb power supply. So it kind of works good since your AX8 needs power, so one more power outlet right next to the AX8 and you've got wireless usb midi.

Wait when you say USB power supply, do you mean something like what comes with a cell phone charger? I might need some one to draw me a picture with crayons I feel like I'm stuck stupid today lol

Wait when you say USB power supply, do you mean something like what comes with a cell phone charger? I might need some one to draw me a picture with crayons I feel like I'm stuck stupid today lol
Yes it seems to need this. Although not very clear to me neither .

Yep, just like this-
img_3666.jpg

Exactly - i was confused as well haha. Makes sense once you get it. Basically it must not be able to get power from the usb port (type B) of the AX8 or a keyboard or what not

IMO it almost has more purpose for the ax8 than a midi keyboard. Most are bus powered via usb and you've got cables going anyhow. But with the AX8 on the floor powered, one more outlet right next to it and your ipad is freely connected :)

Back
Top Bottom