Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Awesome!!!! Is it possible to somehow use it wirelessly? If there is some plug you can but it to the AX8 and connect to the Ipad? Not sure if the technology is there :) More wants more!!! I'm gonna get it anyway!
It works for the AxeFX with the Yamaha MD-BT01 but nobody has tried on the AX8 with either the MD-BT01 or (prefered i think) the UD-BT01.

It works for the AxeFX with the Yamaha MD-BT01 but nobody has tried on the AX8 with either the MD-BT01 or (prefered i think) the UD-BT01.

Wow that would be such a game changer for some of my rehearsals, if any of the Fractal devs could chime in on this that adapter would be a no-brainer-purchase. Great work dude!

Give it a try, i can see the UD-BT01 at about €45 here, and maybe some stores offer a free return ;)
I still have to buy the app (which I will) There are a few other things I have been needing to buy (a pickup, a pickgaurd, a new mono strap) so know I must add another $90 for the app and adapter (not complaing just needing to plan lol)

Awesome!!!! Is it possible to somehow use it wirelessly? If there is some plug you can but it to the AX8 and connect to the Ipad? Not sure if the technology is there :) More wants more!!! I'm gonna get it anyway!

I was thinking along the same line. It seems like there is no commercial solution available but it might be possible to build one yourself. However, it requires programming skills in the area of USB and Bluetooth.

So for the Yamaha MD BT01 to work I have to open midimttr app to connect the bluetooth device. It does not show up under bluetooth in the settings menu for (me anyhow) until I do this.

So first plug the BT01 into the back midi in/out ports of the axe fx
2) open midimttr app,
3) connect client "MD BT01" in midimttr app,
4) open FracPad and select the MD BT01 under midi in/out.

When you select the amp block you get a 1 second pause so maybe a slight bit longer than axe edit in that regard but other than I did not notice any lag. More time, more users and I'm sure Al will receive tons of wishes and suggestions as we go. But the initial design is great if you ask me. Swiping through menus sure is nice. Its got me thinking at practice how easy adjusting presets could be now even just with your phone.

Also I paid for the app on my Ipad and was able to download it free to my iphone so only one purchase.

Great!!... how is the latency?

The whole Free Apps thing has blown out of proportion, most free apps are loaded with ads or require in app purchases to fully enjoy it, it took me a year to write a fully functional CMS with PHP/JS capabilities, I can only image how much work had to go into this, specially working with sysex... I think specially after your work on Fractool I think the price of your app is 100% worth it, i just gotta get the usb adaptor for my ipad and then im getting the app

In the meantime, can any of you comment the performance of it with the iPad 2???

My midi ports on my XL are already cluttered with my RAC12 and RJM GT16 on the merge input, is there no option to get FracPad to work with the camera connector kit and a USB cable?

Back
Top Bottom