Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Would there be some interest for a Windows / Mac version at a lower price?
Can you give a bit of context as to what would be different from Axe Edit?
I just want to give you an honest answer as to if I'd be interested.
Thanks.

Yamaha just released a firmware update to the UD-BT01. After updating the firmware and then using midimittr i was able to connect to my AX8 via Fracpad wirelessly. Works flawlessly so far. Al, you are an amazing programmer. Fracpad and Fractool are indispensable apps when using the AX8.

Cliff - will you hire Al already!

Yamaha just released a firmware update to the UD-BT01. After updating the firmware and then using midimittr i was able to connect to my AX8 via Fracpad wirelessly. Works flawlessly so far. Al, you are an amazing programmer. Fracpad and Fractool are indispensable apps when using the AX8.

Cliff - will you hire Al already!
Good news !!
I'll buy one (again) and test it fully :)

btw when i tested it it was firmware 1.02, which one is it now ??

Last edited:
Will this work with Android phone or is this only for tablets? I cant find this app from the Play Store?

Was not aware of that! Saweeet!

What else to wish for? It would be a lot of fun to be able to build patches without being hooked up to a axe fx unit. This way I could be playing with ideas instead of working. No doubt the usa's gross national product would decline

Was not aware of that! Saweeet!

What else to wish for? It would be a lot of fun to be able to build patches without being hooked up to a axe fx unit. This way I could be playing with ideas instead of working. No doubt the usa's gross national product would decline
Won't happen

Good news !!
I'll buy one (again) and test it fully :)

btw when i tested it it was firmware 1.02, which one is it now ??

1.03 - the app store sent the update to the Yamaha updater a few days ago and i hoped that it fixed the Bluetooth connectivity. The device did not show up in the IOS Bluetooth menu, but when i opened midimitrr, it recognized it (much to my pleasant surprise). Then i opened Fracpad and changed the IO from Network to Ax8. Voila - it worked. Awesome. So much easier changing settings and "global" blocks ( changing my wah to also function as a vol pedal via an MP-2) from the ipad than computer.

1.03 - the app store sent the update to the Yamaha updater a few days ago and i hoped that it fixed the Bluetooth connectivity. The device did not show up in the IOS Bluetooth menu, but when i opened midimitrr, it recognized it (much to my pleasant surprise). Then i opened Fracpad and changed the IO from Network to Ax8. Voila - it worked. Awesome. So much easier changing settings and "global" blocks ( changing my wah to also function as a vol pedal via an MP-2) from the ipad than computer.
Ok i saw that, the 1.03 is also deployed for MD-BT01 but i didn't experience any difference, do you have a changelog ?

I can't find who asked for it but the upcoming release includes a block library which works indifferently between models, so you can connect your AxeFx, save a block, connect your AX8 and load this block directly.

Hi Alex,
how long would it take you to make a windows version? For me the price could be the same as for the andoid and IOS versions, I don't care about about 10 bucks more or less...
If you don't make one at all, I'm tempted to buy another android tablet (all 5 tablets in the house run older android firmwares), and that's around 300 bucks, far worse!
Merry christmas!

Back
Top Bottom