Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
I don't know, i only have a normal fm9 and can't order every fasDevice...
Check the log in FracPad's about window, maybe the iPad is too slow and some sysex get mangled
Also is iPad air 1st gen 64 bits os ?
Which FracPad version did you get?
To the outside world, both the FM9 and the FM9 Turbo present as the same device. They even take the same firmware file.

Tried removing and installing the app. No difference.

First I insert the In 1 block. Then I insert an Amp block. When I try to connect the two blocks, this screen appears and goes nowhere. Same with connecting any other two blocks.

See log file attached.

I had no such problems with an FM3.

6CB29BAE-C119-4BCD-ADCD-FE2D617A112D.pngE754493F-CFBF-4C86-B5F0-D6F2D5AE564E.png

Can the "BLE: Bluetooth is off ..." thing be the issue here? That log entry always shows up when the "Polling Global Perform" screen comes. Why does the app look for BT when I connect with USB?

I may have found a solution. An absud one. By chance I found that if I pull down the top right corner and get the small iOS menu for Wifi, BT, AirDrop, Brightness etc. – during the "Polling Gobal Perform" screen – and then swipe it away, the two blocks connect after a few seconds. Seems to work. Not ideal 🤣

I may have found a solution. An absud one. By chance I found that if I pull down the top right corner and get the small iOS menu for Wifi, BT, AirDrop, Brightness etc. – during the "Polling Gobal Perform" screen – and then swipe it away, the two blocks connect after a few seconds. Seems to work. Not ideal 🤣
Yeah I’ve got the same issue with my FM9 any time I move or connect blocks. Pulling the wifi menu down fixes it and is much faster than my previous solution of switching apps and then re opening fracpad

Right, not only me, then.

In my case, the blocks I connect must be placed right next to each other for the "trick" above to work. Any empty blocks between and it doesn’t work. The blocks also turn empty trying to connect.

It would be appreciated if this will be fixed as it degrades usability alot.

Right, not only me, then.

In my case, the blocks I connect must be placed right next to each other for the "trick" above to work. Any empty blocks between and it doesn’t work. The blocks also turn empty trying to connect.

It would be appreciated if this will be fixed as it degrades usability alot.
I will be fixed as soon as I have some time
If i can reproduce

Hey Al!!... I was just about to update the FM9 to Firmware 4.0, but how do I update Fracpad to 3.46???
Hi
It either auto-updates on ios via appstore or auto-updates on Android if you're connected and don't have a too old version.
If not, send me a pm to get it, with your order details

What device to I need to connect wirelessly to my FM9 using an android phone or tablet? I'm a bit confused whether it's the Yamaha MD or UD device.

Any tips on getting the MD-BT01 connected using Android? I have the device connected to my FM9. My phone sees the device. But Fracpad won't connect. Do I need some other app on my phone?

Back
Top Bottom