Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Omg, that what so easy to explain ^^
Lol
Ok, so that would be a specific mode, more inspired by MidyAX project
Yes, maybe I should have mentioned midyax before, my bad :D

Anyway, maybe this could be embedded in the rac12 mode since the concept is not that different.

Are the Global, I/O, and Control parms remotely accessible via MIDI? I find it frustrating to have to work from the LCD for some things that Fracpad and AxeEdit don't expose. I recently spent some time setting up custom scales and mapping controllers to select between them and it was frustrating to have all the info (scales, external controllers, CC mappings) so spread out and fragmented. It would be great if an editor could present it in a more cohesive manner.

Are the Global, I/O, and Control parms remotely accessible via MIDI? I find it frustrating to have to work from the LCD for some things that Fracpad and AxeEdit don't expose. I recently spent some time setting up custom scales and mapping controllers to select between them and it was frustrating to have all the info (scales, external controllers, CC mappings) so spread out and fragmented. It would be great if an editor could present it in a more cohesive manner.
Yes it would be great, but the axefx and AX8 don't expose those parameters in a write access, can only be read

Even a R/O display would be great. It would be helpful to see which CCs and External Controllers are being used in a patch and over a range of patches.

It would also be nice to be able to run Fracpad while disconnected (no MIDI interface detected) to load and view local patch files.

Much earlier I had posted that I just couldn't get FracPad to stay connected to my iPad AIR. The various solutions tried, like new cable and new camera connector, did it work. I was frustrated but stuck with it. As it turns out it was something on the beta iOS version I was on. Just this week I updated to the latest iOS and voila! FracPad works fantastic. I am loving it. I share this just to inform people on the iOS beta releases that if you are having issues it may just be the the version you are on. Prior I would connect and reconnect over and over. Now it's perfect.

I'm just dreaming out loud here.. What if you could have 2 iPads connected at the same time. Then have a foot board mode for one of them. This one would mount down by the mfc. It would display stuff like scene name and a button layout with scribble strips next to each button. This one would purely be to look at, then the other iPad would be up by the Axe for editing, etc.

FYI, just want to give a shout out and thanks for the effort that was expended to get my ancient iPad mini original to work. It's working well now with the latest update.

Hi Alex. Is there a particular reason the preset picker/tumbler page doesn't work when in big view? Just wondering if it was intentional, me, or something that hasn't been requested. FWIW, I'm still using the Win version.

RR

Alex -
Perhaps a wish list item if you ever feel so inclined...the ability or an option to limit or snap knob adjustments to whole numbers. I realize this may be of no interest to many folks, but being a bit OCD, it would make dialing in values from the touch screen quicker and easier for me - rather than having to manually type them in. Yes, you'd be doing it to help the mentally damaged ;), so that's why I'm calling it a wish list item. :)

RR

Last edited:
Alex -
Perhaps a wish list item if you ever feel so inclined...the ability or an option to limit or snap knob adjustments to whole numbers. I realize this may be of no interest to many folks, but being a bit OCD, it would make dialing in values from the touch screen quicker and easier for me - rather than having to manually type them in. Yes, you'd be doing it to help the mentally damaged ;), so that's why I'm calling it a wish list item. :)

RR
Ahah ok i'll try to implement that, should i name it "OCD mode" ? ^^

Ahah ok i'll try to implement that, should i name it "OCD mode" ? ^^

LOL - that would be funny. If you do decide to implement the option, thank you very much! In all seriousness, thanks to Fracpad, I now have my windows tablet mounted on a mic stand so I can adjust on the fly. I've been able to put the keyboard away. That said, the virtual knobs are very sensitive - ie: it's pretty easy to go from 0 to 10 with just a jittery finger - so it's possible that something like this could help others as well.

Thanks again for your great support!
RR

In order to get the rac12 and md-bt01 running both simultaneously, connecting the rac12 with a bidirectional midi cable to the axefx's in port.
Then the MD-bt01's out port to rac12's merge, then the axefx's out to md-bt01's in
Hi Alex,
I got my MD-BT01 today. The manual that came with it doesn't actually label the connectors. The one with the arrow pointing to the end I'm assuming is the MD's "out" which goes to rac12's merge and the one with the arrow pointing towards the device would be its "in" which would go into the AxeFX's out port. Can you let me know if I've got that right?

Hi Alex,
I got my MD-BT01 today. The manual that came with it doesn't actually label the connectors. The one with the arrow pointing to the end I'm assuming is the MD's "out" which goes to rac12's merge and the one with the arrow pointing towards the device would be its "in" which would go into the AxeFX's out port. Can you let me know if I've got that right?
Hi,
Arrow going out of the midi plug is midi out, into the plug is in...

Thanks Alex,
I tried it with my 2015 MBP. It connects but it's very intermittent. The MD-BT01 is pretty much useless as a midi interface in my setup. I wouldn't be able to count on it for any kind of gig use. BTW it has nothing to do with the app I'm using, AxEdit, FracPad, they're all glitchy with the MD-BT01 and a MBP. Does anyone know if it's any better with an iPad?

Back
Top Bottom