Force MFC to change preset when recalled on Axe-FX?

hyperion

On all my previous setups when I changed a preset on the rack equipment this forced a change at the foot pedal. The MFC doesn't seem to work this way. I often find it easier to scan presets using the jog dial on the Axe-FX...I'd like the MFC to switch to the preset that I recall on the Axe-FX front panel. Any way to do this?

I have been using Midimate for a long time and it doesn't follow presets change from AxeFx,
would be great tho if MFC101 would have an option to set "following" ON or OFF.

+3 !!

NONE of my foot controllers "follow" changes on the "controlled" device.
Think that is the point of them - as the name implies - foot controllers.

hyperion said:
On all my previous setups when I changed a preset on the rack equipment this forced a change at the foot pedal. The MFC doesn't seem to work this way. I often find it easier to scan presets using the jog dial on the Axe-FX...I'd like the MFC to switch to the preset that I recall on the Axe-FX front panel. Any way to do this?

Btw, what did you use as foot controller on your previous setups?

hyperion said:

Never heard of this. So you had a MIDI cable running from the rack (Out) to the foot controller (In)?

Never heard of this. So you had a MIDI cable running from the rack (Out) to the foot controller (In)?

The VG-99 does this with the FC-300 and a cat 5 cable. It is a very nice feature.

Jerry K. said:

The VG-99 does this with the FC-300 with a cat 5 cable. It is a very nice feature.
Yeah, but it doesn't change the patch on the FC300 when you change the VG99 patch using the dial (or preset 5). But do like the Ethercon connect on the FC300.

I would absolutely love to be able to use the job wheel on the Axe-FX and have the controller respond to the patch change! Great idea. thanks.

Muris_Varajic said:
Btw, what did you use as foot controller on your previous setups?

I had a Rocktron All Access. Before that I honestly can't remember...but I know for sure that the All Access followed my G-Force MIDI changes (albeit with two MIDI cables, one for in and one for out).

If I recall correctly the G-Force setting was "broadcast preset changes to MIDI" or something similar. It seems like a relatively simple thing to do. And I already have the cables...

I don't think this can be done, at least with current firmware version.
I mean I know currently you can't, but we have also to remember that the Axe-Fx has 384 presets while the MFC just 128.
I know we can map any Axe-Fx preset (via "Axe-Fx Default Bank" and "Axe-Fx Preset Transmit Map" settings), but on the MFC they still remain 128.
So what should the MFC do with the 256 presets on the Axe-Fx that are not mapped on the MFC ?
In other words, imagine the Axe-Fx sends a preset number that's not mapped on the MFC.
In order to do what you suggest the MFC should first support all the 384 presets of the Axe-Fx (I mean simultaneously).

terry64 said:
I don't think this can be done, at least with current firmware version.
I mean I know currently you can't, but we have also to remember that the Axe-Fx has 384 presets while the MFC just 128.
I know we can map any Axe-Fx preset (via "Axe-Fx Default Bank" and "Axe-Fx Preset Transmit Map" settings), but on the MFC they still remain 128.
So what should the MFC do with the 256 presets on the Axe-Fx that are not mapped on the MFC ?
In other words, imagine the Axe-Fx sends a preset number that's not mapped on the MFC.
In order to do what you suggest the MFC should first support all the 384 presets of the Axe-Fx (I mean simultaneously).

Hi Terry,

I'd be happy if the Default Bank setting would allow me to select a given bank (say, Bank A) and then map the Axe-FX presets only when they fall inside of the given bank. Or I'd also be okay if preset 128 and 256 showed up as 000 on the MFC when selected on the Axe-FX. This isn't a feature I'd be using live, only in the studio.

Hi hyperion, I do not think this is currently possible.
We have to remember that an MFC preset is just like a "superset" of the Axe-Fx preset, i.e. it includes the Axe-Fx preset as a base but also many other things (e.g programming of other MIDI devices, internal IA, external switches, etc.).
For this reason I think an (acceptable) compromise would be, just give the feedback of the Axe-Fx preset, show the IA switches status and switch off the LED of the active preset LED (just to show there is no MFC preset active).
I suppose this is feasible, but in case this will be included as a possible enhancement we have always to remember it is a compromise as we switch from a full MFC preset to a pure Axe-Fx preset. May be that for you, and also for me, what I've imagined before is enough, but there'll be surely somebody that will want something for external switches ("I want a default for them as they switch my Mark V channel using my..." :? ) or many other esoteric usages I do not image ("Is it possible to set the expression pedal to their min value to stop my rotating speakers ? (David, UK)" :lol: ).
These are the reasons why I suppose the feature you would like is (for me) linked to the support of all the 384 presets on the MFC (it would make it all easier, switch a preset on the Axe-Fx, the same preset will be acted on the MFC (with all its settings)).

Back
Top Bottom