For our friends in Texas

Thankfully, many had the good sense to get out of the storm area. I'm up here near Ft. Worth. We just have some rain, but nothing like the coast. Some areas got pounded. News said it is the worst hurricane to hit the land since the 60's. Not sure if that's true as nobody can remember the 60's.

I'm in Houston. It's been a stressful 2 days to say the least. Thoughts and prayers to those south of of me in Rockport who took the direct hit. Usually these things make landfall and move on but this thing is just stalled and dumping rain. We are on the dirty side of the storm so we're getting all the heavy rain and tornadoes. We've had at least 20 tornado warnings in our area since last night. I'm prepared though. We have plenty of food and water and a generator with plenty of gas. They are saying we have another 3-4 days of this storm on us and expecting 20"-25" of rain. We are prepared for the worst and hoping for the best.

just outside of Houston in Pearland...nothing but some spurts of heavy rain so far but they are saying the worst is yet to come. Houston floods very easily so it doesn't take much to really cause problems.

Of course, the most stressful part was trying to make sure we were prepped in case it did or does get crazy.

and yeah, pretty much 24-hour tornado and flash flood warnings.

Last night was brutal. Houston is a disaster area and completely under water. Flood control just said 650 billion gallons of water fell on greater Houston last night. It is a terrible situation and with more rain coming it's going to get worse. Please say a prayer for our city.

Last night was brutal. Houston is a disaster area and completely under water. Flood control just said 650 billion gallons of water fell on greater Houston last night. It is a terrible situation and with more rain coming it's going to get worse. Please say a prayer for our city.
Praying for our Texas neighbors in Houston and the coastal areas, and especially for you Bishop Stay safe.

Harvey hit Rockport as a cat 4 with 135mph winds gusting to 155. Not much left down there (200 miles from Houston). Then the rat just stalled after landfall and is doing it's ccw rotation sweeping in moisture off the gulf and dumping it on Houston. I have lived here for 65 years and this is the worst flooding ever and it's not over yet. Another 3 to 4 days. I am in the SW part Sugar Land. OK so far. The devastation is in the SE and NW. This will go down as the worst flooding in Texas history.

It's been a rough weekend for a lot of people down here. So far we've fared ok here in Austin, but many to our south and east have not been so lucky. Unfortunately, the huge amount of inland rainfall will all make its way downstream in the next day or two. It's going to get even uglier for a lot of folks along our rivers and streams. Stay safe everyone!

Still pretty dire situation in spots of the city. Mandatory evacuations in a lot of areas. Reservoirs are doing controlled releases to protect the dam's integrity which will purposefully flood neighborhoods. Just sad. They are now saying that this is worse than Katrina was. We're talking 800 year flood events. Most communities were built with 100 year and some 500 year events in mind. I'm just blown away at the destruction.

I have been very blessed thus far but now I've gotta really keep my eye on my area. The San Jacinto River runs 3/4 of a mile behind my neighborhood in the woods and it's rising. My house is the blue dot in the pic and the blue line is where the flood water is expected to come to. Right to the edge of our subdivision. Right now it's at 87ft and expected to crest at 98ft up from an expected 94ft 24 hrs ago. My house is at an elevation of 111.5 ft. I've heard some estimates of the river cresting at 104 to 112ft. It's gonna be real close. If ya got a minute say a little prayer for all of us down here.
image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom