foot controllers that use USB?

I can't think of any. Ideally USB should be short : 5-10 feet at most

Rules out the purpose of having a remote pedalboard

usb doesn't need to be short. I do fashion photography in a studio where the camera is tethered to the workstation via 25 foot usb cable and it works fine.

usb 2 limits the length of cable to 16 feet. More than enough for a foot controller IMO and you can always use a powered hub to extend it.

usb doesn't need to be short. I do fashion photography in a studio where the camera is tethered to the workstation via 25 foot usb cable and it works fine.
Depends on the application. USB audio is tenuous with longer lengths, but I know this is not the topic..I've been trying to incorporate an IconnectMidi which purports to connect various USB MIDI units to each other but have yet to figure it out, and the IconncectMIDI software is notoriously buggy. perhaps some of the newer IRig gizmos by IK multimedia may have this, but dunno if it can be connected directly to Axe-fx.

Any program change devices which use USB instead of midi?
There are tons of non-footcontrollers that use MIDI over USB. I have an Akai LPD-8 it is a really cool little device. It can send PCs or CCs and can be programmed.

There are tons of non-footcontrollers that use MIDI over USB. I have an Akai LPD-8 it is a really cool little device. It can send PCs or CCs and can be programmed.

can it be used as a foot controller through the USB port of the axefx?

you can't plug a USB peripheral into a USB peripheral

not true. plenty of tablets support master and slave capability. Think of the various tablets that can be a slave when plugged into a computer or a master when a usb drive is plugged into them.

Now, maybe the axefx doesn't support that but that's a different story than the general statement...

according to other threads on here, cannot be used with axefx over usb
Sadly not, but you can control the AXE with the Softstep 2 via midi with this small adapter: Keith McMillen SoftStep Midi-Expander.
I used it long time with my Ultra and is a fantastic combination.

not true. plenty of tablets support master and slave capability. Think of the various tablets that can be a slave when plugged into a computer or a master when a usb drive is plugged into them.

Now, maybe the axefx doesn't support that but that's a different story than the general statement...

Wow, just "wow".

If you like a DIY work, you can make a pedalboard from a Joypad
the guy is italian but I can translate for you

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom