Focus of New Development

Where would you like to most see improvements?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To have an all-in-one solution is already asking so much (not just amps, cabs, effects, and all the switching and control, but also looper, synth, etc.). But, that's exactly what we have... and it's awesome. Yes, there is room for continuing changes/improvements in most areas, but we also get that with firmware updates. Clearly, the people at Fractal Audio listen and take steps to further the development of their excellent product.

Reactions: ALE
I chose amp\cab. We are constantly seeing Cliff come up with amazing leaps in these areas and after all, that's the primary purpose of this box. All of the other features are just amazing gravy.

Is that true that Amps and Cabs are the primary purpose of the Axe-Fx? Not saying that's not true - I'm just wondering if that is indeed the primary purpose, and if people think of the AF that way. I use a tube power amp and a guitar cab, so the amps and cabs were never a huge selling feature to me. So I may have a skewed view of the Axe's target usage. For instance, I compared the AF to the Kempler, and to me the Kempler seemed more of a lots-of-amps-in-a-box device, while the AF was more about FX, routing, and live use in addition to the amps. So for me, the effects are a big part of it.

You know what you get when customers make product management decisions? The platypus.

lifesciences-platypus.jpg

I still would like to see say 3 or 4 programmable input presets, something similar to the P Comp feature on the Rivera TBR's where you could set forthe gain/tone of different guitars. instead of it being one knob maybe it could be like an EQ type of block with 4 simple controls. Low shelving, mid, High Shelving and an output. Then be able to assign it to one of the A B C D knobs for easy changing from the recall screen.

I am happy to take any improvements in any areas Cliff and his team want to focus on. I hope they know I appreciate their continued development efforts and am amazed every time they pass the improvements on to me for free. Blows my mind every time. I'm not a shareholder, a board member, an employee -- I don't hold a stake in the company. I offer no ongoing revenue to the company. I don't feel that I deserve or should even proffer an opinion on where I think they should be focusing their efforts.

Last edited:
Reactions: ALE
You know what you get when customers make product management decisions? The platypus.

Exactly, which is why customers express wishes and suggestions....and that's where it ends. I'm sure FAS does whatever the hell it wants to do, and so it should.

1. New cab technology. Ultra res is good, but maybe a more organic cab rather than impulses. That would be holy grail for me. The amps are perfect. Nothing to do there IMHO. Cabs are the new frontier.

2. Bass amps, cabs, pedals and preamps.

Last edited:
More drive pedals like a Boss HM-2, Op Amp V4 style Big Muff, Klon etc

Improve the Rotary, especially making a single drum, Vibratone emulation

Improve the phasers, doing a Boss PH2, and P100 style deeper resonant phasing, along with improve the "throb" on the Univibe

Add a drum style multi tap delay like a Echoplex, and make the multi head tape "space echo" settings easier to control, maybe model the different position knobs

Combine blocks together (so I don't have to) for more modulated reverbs and such, ala a Stereo Wet, or Big Sky etc

As far as amps, I think the unit is pretty darn good as is

Oh, and get CabLab with UR support out already! (I say respectfully)

Is that true that Amps and Cabs are the primary purpose of the Axe-Fx? Not saying that's not true - I'm just wondering if that is indeed the primary purpose, and if people think of the AF that way. I use a tube power amp and a guitar cab, so the amps and cabs were never a huge selling feature to me. So I may have a skewed view of the Axe's target usage. For instance, I compared the AF to the Kempler, and to me the Kempler seemed more of a lots-of-amps-in-a-box device, while the AF was more about FX, routing, and live use in addition to the amps. So for me, the effects are a big part of it.

Looks like the answer to my question is right on the Fractal homepage ;-)

fractal1.jpg

Attachments

• fractal1.jpg
    fractal1.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 34
To me the best thing to improve is the stability of the units. Far too often do I get errors like "communication time out" or Axe Edit freezes. I'm still having a major problem due to the fact, that the Axe fx is making this strange sound, when I'm trying to record through USB. I'm hoping that FW14 will improve the error because I read the following in the Cliff's description: "Fixed unit pushing MIDI data to USB even after USB has been disconnected resulting in hang."

Well anyway. Making the units Work correctly would be a major improvement

I'd love someone from FAS to pick up the ball on the Lemur editor. I'll happily let others make the call for future improvement and development. I think FAS have a good record of responsiveness to input combined with their own good sense. Having just updated to Lemur 5 (oops) I lost the best way I know of to control all the complexity. Axe Edit has come along nicely, but it still can't match the immediacy and responsiveness of a touch screen editor like the Lemur editor. There's so much complexity waiting to be tapped in the Axe, so for me interface design is huge and the Lemur editor remains by far the easiest way to control the Axe, but it's now out of date.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom