FM9 USB Firmware V 1.01 Public Beta

Any updates on this? I received my FM9T a few nights ago. First night it was great, then all of a sudden, no system audio transmitting through the FM9T. I tried both audio drivers, new and windows 7/8 (I'm Running Windows 11, ugh) and it works for about 3 seconds, enough to recognize and run a test on the audio via windowsn, then nothing. Tried via Headphones and XLR - no difference. It also does not like one specific USB port in my computer..frustrating. my FM3 has no issues at all.
I am still actively investigating this. At the moment I am focusing on the AXE FX III, but since we are seeing these issues on both products, once I find a solution for the AXE FX III there is a high probability I can use the same solution for the FM9.

Unfortunately I cannot provide an ETA at the moment.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give you an update on this. After working directly with a few users on the AXE FX III, it looks like there are 2 issues that I've identified that both result in loss of USB audio output:
  1. USB IN 1 + 2 channels move to other USB IN channels on the meters page
  2. The unit completely loses USB connection to the computer
I've made significant progress in resolving issue #1. I usually don't like providing ETAs because of unexpected surprises that can crop up, but I will say that I am close to releasing new firmware that resolves this issue for the AXE FX III.

I will also begin the task of carrying this fix over to the FM9 as well.

I'm still investigating issue #2 and I will let you know what I find.

Thank you all for your patience!

Hi everyone,

I have a beta USB firmware for the FM9 and I need testers! I'm looking for specific users however. What I'm looking for is a user with an FM9 who experiences sudden loss of USB audio playback due to USB IN channels 1 + 2 moving to other channels. To see if this is for you do the following:
  1. Navigate to the meters page on your FM9.
  2. Begin audio playback via USB and confirm you initially see signal on USB IN 1 + 2 and can hear it.
  3. Once you lose playback audio look at the meters page.
  4. USB IN 1 and/or 2 should have no signal while another USB IN channel does.
If you can reproduce this, please send me a private message (hover over my avatar of keyboard cat and click the "Start conversation" button). I'll respond with a link to the beta and instructions.

Thanks!

I am on the latest Beta firmware and latest USB firmware on an FM9 Turbo and I am still getting a loss of USB connection when I sleep my 2019 Mac...sometimes it wakes up and still has connection but mostly it losses it. The latest USB firmware seemed to improve it a bit when I installed it a month ago.

I am on the latest Beta firmware and latest USB firmware on an FM9 Turbo and I am still getting a loss of USB connection when I sleep my 2019 Mac...sometimes it wakes up and still has connection but mostly it losses it. The latest USB firmware seemed to improve it a bit when I installed it a month ago.
Have you disabled the Energy Saver setting to force drives to sleep? It makes a big difference on my system.

Back
Top Bottom