FM9 USB Firmware V 1.01 Public Beta

I am having trouble too with a new Turbo FM9.
Windows 10, FM9-Edit opened, If I start a YT video the mouse stops working and I can't navigate.
If I unplug the USB cable, the PC seems to reset and The mouse starts working again.

I just downloaded FM9-Edit tonight and also installed the new USB driver 5.50. I have not has any issues like this before.

The FM9 Turbo came with Firmware 3.00 and USB 1.01.

I have an AX3 and FM3, both those devices work fine using the same USB cable.

Any Ideas???

I started a thread about my issue before seeing this thread, but I am also having audio playback issues. My FM9T came with the USB FW 1.01 also.

My issue is strange, although I think I’ve read it in another instance elsewhere, where one side of the playback audio stops but I can still hear my stereo guitar from the fm9 in headphones. Sometimes playback audio randomly stops altogether.

My issue is strange, although I think I’ve read it in another instance elsewhere, where one side of the playback audio stops but I can still hear my stereo guitar from the fm9 in headphones.
The same happened to me a few days ago, but I blamed my pc and cubase for that, but at this point it might have something to do with the fm9.

This consistently happens for me about 2 minutes and 30 seconds into playing along with a youtube track. I have re-downloaded the firmware for FM9, I've tried different web browsers, I've tried different USB cables. I did not have this issue until recently and I'm not sure what changed. I'm not really sure what to do, but this really is an issue for me.

EDIT: I purchased and downloaded the jam tracks. I have been playing for a little bit now running them through windows media player without issue. I can't test this any longer this morning, but I will give it a good hour or so jam session later and report back. Maybe this is a youtube thing and not a Fractal issue. Stay tuned!

EDIT 2: Still doing it. I'm stumped.

Last edited:
Any updates on this? I'm having the same problems as above, windows playback randomly drops and returns on 1ch or both L&R. Stopping and starting the track seems to make it return or maybe a coincidence. It does it very often, every minute or so, not very usable. I'm not using a DAW. My Axe 3 did this with its new USB firmware and rolling back to the previous fixed it. My FM9 is a newer early Nov model with the latest 1.01 USB firmware and I cant find an older version to roll back to. I have the latest windows driver and I've adjusted the ASIO Buffer size up and down from its default 512 samples in Windows USB control panel. Are there settings in the FM9 to adjust for this?

Any updates on this? I'm having the same problems as above, windows playback randomly drops and returns on 1ch or both L&R. Stopping and starting the track seems to make it return or maybe a coincidence. It does it very often, every minute or so, not very usable. I'm not using a DAW. My Axe 3 did this with its new USB firmware and rolling back to the previous fixed it. My FM9 is a newer early Nov model with the latest 1.01 USB firmware and I cant find an older version to roll back to. I have the latest windows driver and I've adjusted the ASIO Buffer size up and down from its default 512 samples in Windows USB control panel. Are there settings in the FM9 to adjust for this?
When you lose audio, can you observe the meters page on the unit and tell me what you see when you lose audio? For instance, do you see any signal in the USB IN channels? Do you see signal on channels you don't expect?

Yes during normal playback, inputs 1&2 show signal. When the dropout occurs, signals 1&2 (sometimes 1 OR 2) stops and signal appears on the other inputs randomly, 3 and/or 4, 7 and /or 8. The analog out L-R reflects the same. I am using headphones BTW..

Yes during normal playback, inputs 1&2 show signal. When the dropout occurs, signals 1&2 (sometimes 1 OR 2) stops and signal appears on the other inputs randomly, 3 and/or 4, 7 and /or 8. The analog out L-R reflects the same. I am using headphones BTW..
Are you using the internal clock source or the SPDIF as the clock source?

Thanks for the picture. Would you happen to have a SPDIF interface you can use as your FM9's clock source? Just curious if you run into this problem using the SPDIF clock source.

My iMac has similar issues, though I thought they were comparatively normal given the iMac itself. What happens is when switching from iMac & my A.I. Focusrite Clarett/Boom audio to FM9, the signal drops off my iMac's studio monitors. I've to this day assumed that's normal, because it can be corrected with System Settings > Sound, and clicking twice on Clarett to re-initialize the Clarett so that either YT or my Music library can be heard thru my studio monitors.

TBH, in effect, it's really no strain to accomplish this. I've not tried this with my DAW yet, but imagine that in would be necessary to be sure to select the correct output just the same.

Last edited:
My fm9 is dropping audio as well. Sometimes it goes to just the left side but mostly just no audio. I unplug the USB and plug it back in and it comes back. its the fm9 turbo and its done it right out of the box.

My fm9 is dropping audio as well. Sometimes it goes to just the left side but mostly just no audio. I unplug the USB and plug it back in and it comes back. its the fm9 turbo and its done it right out of the box.
I hope this gets resolved soon. I get mine tomorrow.

Any updates on this? I received my FM9T a few nights ago. First night it was great, then all of a sudden, no system audio transmitting through the FM9T. I tried both audio drivers, new and windows 7/8 (I'm Running Windows 11, ugh) and it works for about 3 seconds, enough to recognize and run a test on the audio via windowsn, then nothing. Tried via Headphones and XLR - no difference. It also does not like one specific USB port in my computer..frustrating. my FM3 has no issues at all.

Back
Top Bottom