FM9 Turbo Problem inhibited or forzen Help Me!

I see you're in Mexico? Out of curiosity, what kind of temps do you have there in that room?
The voltage of the studio I already measured it is fine at 118v and I have a physical ground, no computer device or other component is affected
I live in Mexico and Texas
and the room temperature is around 70 degrees Fahrenheit

Thank you

What does that mean, by the way?
You also have an Axe-Fx III that became unusable...?
Makes me think of a PC that makes a beep sound when the fan doesn't start up. The Axe has that...?
No no
My Ax Fx3 works perfectly, I bought fm9 turbo to be portable. I see that the fm9 has the same or better cpu than the axe fx 3 first edition

From the FM9 page in the Wiki…

From the FM3 page in the Wiki, but it also applies to the FM9:

Thanks for the information
it is too much 60 or 70 C
Im usually use in a room between 15 to 25C
It was just an idea of when the fan should come in if this was the problem
Thank you

Have you tried a hard reset? sometimes that will work or reinstall the firmware. If that doesn't fix it I would contact support!.

When it happened reload the firmware and the problem continued
Last night I reset all parameters, erased everything, reloaded the firmware and left it on from 12 am to 8 am and it never froze
Today I am going to load the factory banks and cabs so that it looks like when you buy it and I will leave it on for some hours
If everything is OK I'll load my few cabs presets and modify parameters
If do it again at any time freeze
I'll talk to Fractal Audio
As you mention, maybe it works with this because it worked normally and is new have 2 months
Thank you
IMG_4605.JPG

I see that the fm9 has the same or better cpu than the axe fx 3 first edition
The FM9 in ways is about half the power of the III, AFAIK. FM3 is ±25%.

The voltage of the studio I already measured it is fine at 118v
It's probably just a momentary measurement though. You can, for example, have tons of "dirty electricity," or varying power, like if your washing machine is going off and on next to it (as an example). I don't expect this to be the problem, but some electronics are sensitive to that. It's why voltage regulators can get sold, although it's usually said they are not needed. OTOH, some locations are known to potentially have terrible power.

Anyway, seems your room temp is fine at least.

The FM9 in ways is about half the power of the III, AFAIK. FM3 is ±25%.

It's probably just a momentary measurement though. You can, for example, have tons of "dirty electricity," or varying power, like if your washing machine is going off and on next to it (as an example). I don't expect this to be the problem, but some electronics are sensitive to that. It's why voltage regulators can get sold, although it's usually said they are not needed. OTOH, some locations are known to potentially have terrible power.

Anyway, seems your room temp is fine at least.
all the time it has been connected to a no-break UPS
Honestly, I don't think it's the electric current but it could be as you say and how sad if that's the case, I can already imagine playing on stages that always have high voltages.
Today and tomorrow I am doing tests, if the problem continues I will go to my mother's house to see how she behaves there with her energy and if it continues the same I will raise a fractal case to help me because I have very little with it
Thank You

I see that the fm9 has the same or better cpu than the axe fx 3 first edition
No. The size of the memory chips increased along with some other things. See Model differences for more information.

The CPU didn’t change in the FX3 until the FX3 Turbo was made available. The standard FX3 remains available and still has the same CPU.

The FM9 bumped to the FM9-Turbo which is approximately 11% faster than the regular FM9.
"The original FM9 used the 450MHz version as that was all that was available at the time. The Turbo uses the 500MHz version." [6]
The III uses (1) dual-core Texas Instruments DSP. The FM3 uses (1) dual-core Analog Devices DSP. The FM9 uses (2) dual-core Analog Devices DSPs. The TI DSPs are much more powerful than the Analog Devices DSPs per clock and run at around twice the clock speed as well. So one TI DSP core is about four times more powerful than one Analog Devices DSP core. If we normalize processing power to the III it would be:

• Axe-Fx III: 100%
  • FM9: 50%
  • FM3: 25%
So why not use the TI DSPs in everything? Power. The TI DSPs use more power and generate more heat requiring active cooling. They are also more complicated to use requiring dedicated clock generation units, multiple power supplies with specific sequencing requirements, etc." [8]

The FM9 uses its DSPs to handle effects differently than the FX3 so some of its processing load isn’t reported in the display the same way that it is on the FX3, but if you take a preset that uses 80% of the FX3’s CPU and move it to the FM9, the chances are very slim it will run reliably.

These Keystone processors chew through data like a hot chainsaw through a sorority girl. The Axe-Fx III is a beast. I don't think people realize how powerful it is. It has the equivalent power of 8 SHARC chips, at least. And that's just the DSP. The memory bus is 3-4 times faster than other stuff." [4]

Last edited:
No. The size of the memory chips increased along with some other things. See Model differences for more information.

The CPU didn’t change in the FX3 until the FX3 Turbo was made available. The standard FX3 remains available and still has the same CPU.

The FM9 bumped to the FM9-Turbo which is approximately 11% faster than the regular FM9.

The FM9 uses its DSPs to handle effects differently than the FX3 so some of its processing load isn’t reported in the display the same way that it is on the FX3, but if you take a preset that uses 80% of the FX3’s CPU and move it to the FM9, the chances are very slim it will run reliably.
"The FM9 bumped to the FM9-Turbo which is approximately 11% faster than the regular FM9"
I think is more than 11%. I think 20% or 25%. check with my test
Bro
Why dont belive me?
I already had axe fx ultra, axe fx 2, ax8, axe fx 3, fm3, fm9, fm9 turbo, fc-6 fc-12.
I'm really not new with fractal and others
I currently have a FM3 FM9 Turbo and Ax Fx3
I did a test with the same preset crated in FM9 (not turbo)
Ax FX3 ver1 uses 60%
FM9 (non-turbo) uses 80%
FM9 Turbo uses 60% (same as ax fx3)
FM3 WARNING and it is missing preset blocks, another amplifier and more.

That is why I mention that for me it is the same to be in the FM9 Turbo than the AXE FX3 that I currently have.
So I load less everything on the same equipment, not a whole Rack and controller.

I really do not know the architecture or the programming they used, I only know that it is the same for ax fx3 fm3 fm9 and very different from ax8 backwards.

I leave you evidence in case you don't believe me
FM9 NO TURBO and AXE FX3 ver1 or mk1
Captura de Pantalla 2022-05-29 a la(s) 8.11.12 p.m..png

This is FM9 Turbo same preset
Captura de pantalla 2022-12-05 a la(s) 1.10.02 a.m..png

This is FM3 left amp2 cab2 not exist here and is warning
Captura de Pantalla 2022-11-06 a la(s) 11.12.20 p.m..png

ok this topic change it to another

My topic here is problem freze fm9 turbo

update.... now is working need more test if is done

Bro
Why dont belive me?
I already had axe fx ultra, axe fx 2, ax8, axe fx 3, fm3, fm9, fm9 turbo, fc-6 fc-12.
Ax FX3 ver1 uses 60%
FM9 (non-turbo) uses 80%

That is why I mention that for me it is the same to be in the FM9 Turbo than the AXE FX3 that I currently have.
So I load less everything on the same equipment, not a whole Rack and controller.

I really do not know the architecture or the programming they used, I only know that it is the same for ax fx3 fm3 fm9 and very different from ax8 backwards.

View attachment 112995

View attachment 112996

View attachment 112997

You are barking up the wrong tree.

Yes, "ten-plus percent" (Technically, I think it's 11.11%.)

It is 11% difference between the processor speeds. There's no debate - that is the spec.

FM9 uses 450Mhz chips.

FM9 Turbo uses 500Mhz chips.
Ax FX3 ver1 uses 60%
FM9 (non-turbo) uses 80%
The way CPU is used is different between the Axe Fx and the FM9 (and the FM3, too).

On the FM9, Amp modeling, Delays and Reverbs each run on dedicated cores and are essentially "free".

On the Axe Fx III, Amp modeling runs on a dedicated CPU.

So, depending on your preset, you may see a difference in CPU use, but the fact is that the FM9 is 50% of the processing power of the Axe Fx III and the FM9 Turbo is 11% more (than non-Turbo).

Bro
Why dont belive me?
Ax FX3 ver1 uses 60%
FM9 (non-turbo) uses 80%

View attachment 112995

View attachment 112996

View attachment 112997

Your FM9 and FM9 turbo are not running the same firmware versions, so not quite a direct apples verses apples comparison, especially given the CPU savings that came in the later firmware versions.

Your FM9 and FM9 turbo are not running the same firmware versions, so not quite a direct apples verses apples comparison, especially given the CPU savings that came in the later firmware versions.
Good catch! That's a significant difference...

It is 11% difference between the processor speeds. There's no debate - that is the spec.

FM9 uses 450Mhz chips.

FM9 Turbo uses 500Mhz chips.
OK thank you
I only said my experience with the cpu and I feel more than that 11% but ok I understand you know what hardware and software it has I dont

Back
Top Bottom