FM9 Latency - Around 5ms?

So you're saying there's a chance? :D
Not sure if I'm qualified enough to make such statements :D Most likely @DLC86 is right and even pitch follower assigned to Input Gain (which I'm quite sure was mentioned in that discussion) cannot introduce any latency.
But CPU load - definitely increases. I'm just not sure if that can have any effect on latency.

I'm just not sure if that can have any effect on latency.
If it works like in a PC, and I assume it does, CPU load doesn't affect latency (unless cpu is maxed out, but latency in that case means audio crackling or stopping) but latency (intended as buffer size) affects CPU load.

In a DAW if you reduce the buffer size, let's say, from 2048 to 1024 samples, you basically double the cpu load.

In -> Amp -> Cab -> Out - 160 samples = 3.33ms (Cab block doesn't add any latency unless IR has leading silence)
in -> Drive -> Amp -> Cab -> Out - 192 samples = 4ms
Do the boosts in the Amp block modelled after a pedal add to Amp block latency when engaged?

Yes, the next release reduces the latency.

The theoretical latency of the FM3/9 is:
In -> Out - 96 samples = 2ms
In -> Amp -> Out -160 samples = 3.33ms
In -> Amp -> Cab -> Out - 160 samples = 3.33ms (Cab block doesn't add any latency unless IR has leading silence)
in -> Drive -> Amp -> Cab -> Out - 192 samples = 4ms
None of the other blocks add latency.

It appears that perhaps there's a bug in the FM9 and it's adding an extra 64 samples of latency. I will discuss this with the head engineer on that project tomorrow.

Is it fixed in the firmware 6.00?

Back
Top Bottom