Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.02 Public Beta

My Drive block library isn't saving correctly anymore...I save a drive to the library and when I load it...say a T808 it might load a Timmy instead, so I remake the drive and press save again but it still does that.
Half the drives I have saved to library are loading the wrong drive when I chose them from the library.

This I believe was happening with 3.01 as well ..at least that is when I first noticed things loading wrong..anyone else with this issue...I hope it is just the Beta....

Sounds like you may have a different channel selected than the one you originally saved the Drive you're looking for to. That's the only time I've experienced the issue you're describing. For example, let's say you have channel B set to Timothy and you save a T808 to channel A, if you have channel B selected and load the T808 block you just saved, you'll see the Drive that was saved to channel B (Timothy) rather than channel A (T808). So, be sure to select the same channel that you originally saved the Drive you want to use to.

Last edited:
I was kind of surprised to be able to actually hear the differences in the diodes, or at least the difference between asymmetrical vs symmetrical.

Bug: quick little bug to report: On the Blues OD if you put the Drive on 10.00 the Volume drops off to just about nothing.
And this new modeling technique is absolutely fantastic!
Not sure if this has been addressed yet, but it's not just at 10.00 - it's as you get nearer to 10. like 9.97 is louder than 9.98...

Reactions: RDH
So I just got a chance to load up this FW and take it for a spin.

First opinion: all of my presets, which are all based on some form of boost type Drive plus a "clean" amp for edge of breakup "base" tone with various other drives stacked on that for rhythm and lead tones, sound bad :(

That being said, since getting the Axe Fx III, I've been primarily using a single kitchen sink preset for everything.

I was able to redial the base tone and then each of the variant tones to quickly get better sounds than I had before. :)

I still need to do some leveling between scenes, but after an hour or so, I'm mostly good.

Also did a bit of playing with the diode settings. This is gonna be the shit for me, think! I really enjoy playing with the Clip Type and High and Low Cut parameters already, and this gives a whole new layer of "customization" to the drives. Outstanding!

I really enjoy playing with the Clip Type and High and Low Cut parameters already, and this gives a whole new layer of "customization" to the drives. Outstanding!
Curious what drive type(s) are you using to play around with high and low cut?

Curious what drive type(s) are you using to play around with high and low cut?
Primarily the boosts: Micro Amp, SSD, FET, RCB... Using that as fine tuning pre-EQ.

Although I'll use it on any of them to refine the EQ to work for me.

Edit:

I should note that I was doing this since the Axe Fx II, didn't try it at all with the beta FW yet.

Last edited:
I am guessing the SDD didnt get modified, as it didnt really sound different to me. It still kills on my clean sound.

Curious though. I know the amp boost is different than the drives. But the amp boost is not just a simple level boost, which could be done by increasing the input trim on the amp block. They must be related to the drives which they are labeled as (ts808, FAS boost, etc).

My guess, until Cliff comes along and provides the real answer, is that maybe the new modeling for the drive blocks isn’t able to run as part of the amp block, or, that Cliff simply hasn’t gotten around to updating that part of the new drives and perhaps it will come in time.

Might be as simple as if you want the new options, additional tone shape etc, use a drive block, you can have 4 of them, and if your okay with the simple boost functions, perhaps as it’s always been, then you can use those as they come.

Too many unknowns to really be able to do anything more than wild speculation really

Curious though. I know the amp boost is different than the drives. But the amp boost is not just a simple level boost, which could be done by increasing the input trim on the amp block. They must be related to the drives which they are labeled as (ts808, FAS boost, etc).
The amp boosts are just the frequency shaping part of the drive. The clipping stuff is removed. It's analogous to turning the Drive knob all the way down and using the pedal as a clean boost.

Therefore there is no need to update the amp boosts.

The amp boosts are just the frequency shaping part of the drive. The clipping stuff is removed. It's analogous to turning the Drive knob all the way down and using the pedal as a clean boost.

Therefore there is no need to update the amp boosts.
Makes sense. Just wanted to understand the difference.

Back
Top Bottom