FM9 Firmware Version 8.00 public beta 2

I installed this beta last night and my wife asked me why I spent so much time "just playing around and not practicing songs." I don't noodle often, but this was just fun to play. I can't describe anything about what's different though. Love it.
My wife was thinking the same.
She came into my room and saw me smiling with my headphones on, she just said:“Oh must be a new firmware, have fun!“
I love her so much!
And yeah she’s a physician and mathematician.

This is my first foray into the 2204, and especially for my EOB clean, it has a 'gronk' and 'thud' that I haven't found before. It's more alive and has a 'plate voltage turned way high and about to explode' quality from cranked Marshalls that feels like home. I've been happily gigging with my fractal tone for years but this is new. I can sum it up by saying I've fallen in love with my tone / fractal a few times. I didn't expect it with the 2204 this week!

Last edited:
Problems with this Beta 2

My presets that have the "Deluxe Verb Normal" amp no longer load with that saved amp. Instead, those presets have replaced the "Deluxe Verb Normal" amp with the "JMP-1 002 Bass Shift"

Trying to replace the JMP-1 with the Deluxe Verb Normal does not work - it loads the JMP-1 002 Bass Shift instead. Anyone else notice this?

Problems with this Beta 2

My presets that have the "Deluxe Verb Normal" amp no longer load with that saved amp. Instead, those presets have replaced the "Deluxe Verb Normal" amp with the "JMP-1 002 Bass Shift"

Trying to replace the JMP-1 with the Deluxe Verb Normal does not work - it loads the JMP-1 002 Bass Shift instead. Anyone else notice this?
Refresh After New Firmware

I'm not looking for trouble. Should I wait for this to be an official release or go ahead and install the beta firmware?

I'm not looking for trouble. Should I wait for this to be an official release or go ahead and install the beta firmware?
Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office

I open fractalbot but I don't see anywhere to start a firmware update. From what I understand when I open fractalbot it should have a link saying "new firmware" but I don't get that. Do I just Browse under "Choose a file to send" the click begin under "Send the File? If so do I do the firmware first then the dynacab?

Last edited:
I open fractalbot but I don't see anywhere to start a firmware update. From what I understand when I open fractalbot it should have a link saying "new firmware" but I don't get that. Do I just Browse under "Choose a file to send" the click begin under "Send the File? If so do I do the firmware first then the dynacab?

Betas need to be manually downloaded and extracted and installed (oh my)....

The first post in a beta firmware thread is where you need to go.

Reactions: Rex
Yes, I already downloaded and extracted. I updated my editor to the new version )1.0.3) I have the updated dynacab file.
Son in Fractolbot do I simply browse for the firmware file to send?

Back
Top Bottom