FM9 Firmware Version 7.00

Just installed it! Man it kept loosing USB connection and halting the process during the firmware download to device. Scary!
That happened to me with my brand new cable with USB C and USB A split on the same end of the cable.
Back to my old cable USB B to USB A with adapter from USB C, and the interruptions completely stopped.
What USB cable are you using?

That happened to me with my brand new cable with USB C and USB A split on the same end of the cable.
Back to my old cable USB B to USB A with adapter from USB C, and the interruptions completely stopped.
What USB cable are you using?
USB B to USB A from Fractal to Mac Studio.

FM9 Firmware Version 7.00 is now available for download:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm9/7p0/fm9_dsp_rel_7p00.zip

If updating from a firmware version older than 5.00, you will need to install the Dyna-Cabs update:
https://support.fractalaudio.com/en...abs-not-installed-or-incorrect-version-286538

Updated factory presets are available:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/fm9-downloads/

An updated version of FM9-Edit is required for use with this release:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-edit-1-02-10.203535/

If you are upgrading from version 4.01 or older, please follow the instructions in the Firmware Update guide PDF that is included to install the firmware and Dyna-Cabs. If you are updating from 5.00 or higher, Dyna-Cabs do not need to be reinstalled.
Where can I find the list with all the new amps, cabs and fx in FW 7.00?

i dont know about you all, but i can say that for me FW 7.0 has been significant !

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

Last edited:
Officially on 7.0. Even got my latest presets tailored for it.

I do have a question. Do you need to choose refresh firmware for the 7.0 after install or is it automatically reset?

I couldn't find a refresh firmware option anywhere in my global settings of 7.0, unless I'm going blind.

I don't have the ears that some of y'all have in hearing drastic differences between firmwares, but having rebuilt my live tone for the new firmware the thing that stuck out to me the most after a couple gigs was when you really push an amp (in my case stacking fuzz and overdrive into a Superverb, with some significant volume boost included) it's different than it was before, and in a very good way - a bit more fire-breathing chaos than before. There's that element of living/breathing unpredictability that is so exciting to play through.

USB B to USB A from Fractal to Mac Studio.

Class action against Apple for compatibility issues with 3rd party vendors, there adapters/cords either don't work or barely work.
I spent 2 months troubleshooting...hours of doing stuff that would fix it for a day or two only...
Finally had to buy 2 (one for my Mackie ProFX mixer) expensive Apple approved USB-B to USB-C (to the Mac) cords and now everything is relatively fine...no dropouts but with both the mixer and FM9 plugged in I get some IMF fuzz on occasion, unplugging the FM9 USB cord clears that up totally.

Nice update!
Been messing with it for a few days now. Had to go through my presets and reset power tube bias, and low cut frequency on a few amp blocks.
Low mids are cleaner, less flubb on cranked plexi's, biggest improvement I'm hearing is harmonics. Every model is more harmonically rich in a good way.

Officially on 7.0. Even got my latest presets tailored for it.

I do have a question. Do you need to choose refresh firmware for the 7.0 after install or is it automatically reset?

I couldn't find a refresh firmware option anywhere in my global settings of 7.0, unless I'm going blind.
That is in the editor menu under Tools (I think) - it's not a global setting...

Class action against Apple for compatibility issues with 3rd party vendors, there adapters/cords either don't work or barely work.
I spent 2 months troubleshooting...hours of doing stuff that would fix it for a day or two only...
Finally had to buy 2 (one for my Mackie ProFX mixer) expensive Apple approved USB-B to USB-C (to the Mac) cords and now everything is relatively fine...no dropouts but with both the mixer and FM9 plugged in I get some IMF fuzz on occasion, unplugging the FM9 USB cord clears that up totally.
Good to know! Thank you for saving me troubleshooting time! That should be a class action!

I’ve had similar issues with my iPad, where only Apple-branded cables would consistently work. Bloody turf wars...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom